THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall Empty Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 28, 2011 5:39 pm

In 122 fights Dan severn had been KO once, By the Lesnar sized Joop Kasteel back in 2005.

No If's or But's about it that makes Severn MMA's toughest man even if his Tash is 2nd best to Frye,

Back in Apri; 265lbs Ryan Fortin was able to drop him in the 3rd and hammer down some unanswered strikes forcing the stoppage.

Heres 265lbs Lee Beane KO'ing Severn last weekend (also check out the ring girl!)

I dont think Severn needs to retire, at 53 he wont beat anyone of note again but If he wants his 100th win I think he should be able to find someone a little smaller and a little worse, these 265lbs Kids with decent records arent the way to go, Beane was 7-2 going into the fight.

In sure Dan can find a lesser opponent to get his 100th win against. Id love him to fight Butterbean in his final fight. They have both fought for Elite1MMA this year... makes sence to me
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Jens Pulvers comeback ended early when he got Choked out by relative unknown Brian Davidson this weekend

Pulver had won 2 back to back fights since his 6 fight skid, where he was finished 5 times inside the distance.

Pulver is unlucky because IMO when guys his size fight there is a bigger emphasis on speed and explosiveness and he seems to have lost it at his age Crying or Very sad I hope he retires because in his last 12 fights he has only won a quarter of them. Davidson was a step down in competition from his WEC days and he looked just as bad against him.

Jens says he still wants to retire on his own terms because he isnt getting KO'd like Liddell and that is true but Its more Pulvers legacy than his health Im worried about.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Dan gets his 100th win in his next one and retires and I hope Pulver either retires now or finds an easier opponent to finish on a win and a high note.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall Empty Re: Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall

Post  the_king Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

im with you ben i think he has had his day a looong time ago but also hope he gets his 100th win.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall Empty Re: Knocked out, Choked out, Two legends fall

Post  Shanemc Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 pm

is fighting dan's full time job?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat May 28, 2011 11:02 pm

i know he runs training camps and holds various seminars.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun May 29, 2011 12:13 am

Honestly never been a fan of Severn. Old man beating up bums is all i see, yea i appreciate hes done remarkably well to keep fit and carry on beating cunts up at his age but for some reason i've never really took to him like you Ben. Acknowledge he is a pioneer though, maybe i have to watch his early fights?

Pulver on the other hand is sad to see! Don't want him to retire because A) He is just getting caught, not outclassed or anything, and B) He clearly needs the money. So so sad to watch guys in his position destroying their legacy for that extra bit of wonga, ala Ken Shammy Sad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Heres 265lbs Lee Beane KO'ing Severn last weekend (also check out the ring girl!)

Painful to watch. Severn's striking is still shite and he's so stiff. Shocking ineptness from the ref, he should never be allowed ref a fight again, what the fuck was he doing??

Ring girl had a hell of an ass. Any idea who she is?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:18 am