THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat!

Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat! Empty bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat!

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm

was delighted dunne lost last night just shows dunne hasnt got the power or chin to fight at the top level hopefully he regroups and fights for another european title as i see some success there for him anyway thought i would post the fight

part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mk2xbRrlTw

part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs1WCjcjuyc&feature=channel

part 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G885MwVK1iI&feature=channel
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat! Empty Re: bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Thats a shame I like Dunne, Who else has Ireland got? Andy Lee, John Duddy, Martin Rogan etc.. For a country that punches way above its weight in the amatures and Olympics etc.. we really havnt enough top level boxers. Shame to see any of our own loose. Why you not a Dunne fan?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat! Empty Re: bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Any links to the Vitali vs Arreola fight? I cant find it anywere!!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm

just think he is arrogant and only cares bout himself and he once called thai boxing for fagit who cant make it in boxing so was fitting that a former thai boxer knocks him out and no im looking myself really want to see it
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Dsierved beat down then! Ill post it if I find it sure.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:23 pm

heres the first two parts i think the guy is posting the rest atm so il post them when he does.not sure if you know the result so i wont say anything bout the fight until you see it oh and i couldnt find an english version so i think its in german

part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgo9mYdyk0

part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFdTFbaqa4&feature=channel
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Legendary thanks mate!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:35 pm

that thai bloke has dynamite fists!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:08 pm

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:52 pm

Cheers for the links.

By the time I'd finished watching the second video the third and fourth ones had been removed. No real need to watch the rest of the fight I guess, it didn't look like Areola had anything that could trouble Vitali.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:59 pm

ye its much the same pretty boring fight
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

I dont Mind Vitali's Style, I dont get why he is branded boring so much. You know you not going to see Frazier/Tyson Bobbing and weaving throwing Bombs. Vitali is always going to have an unright style and mainly use his reach to throw hard straights down the pipe. in the 10th he broke Arreolas nose! He has an exciting style, His hands are by his waste like RJJ and he slips punches well and rattles off mulitple punch combos and uses bodyshots. Sure it wasnt as entertaining as it could have been but thats because Arreola didnt go down when Vitali hit him.

I think that was a masterclass in boxing from watchin the 1st 6 ronds. Vitali is head and shoulders above any heavyweight around, Its just a shame he is in the worst era for a while. Id have loved to see him against Bowe, Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis etc.. I think if he was injury free and fighting back then he would have a good shot at any of them. Even due to his size Id have given him a shot in any Era, Louis, Dempsey, Marciano etc would have never fought a big man who has go good. Ali, Foreman and Frazier would all never have even been in a ring with someone his size. I think he would have a great chance to outbox Forman who was very sloppy by todays standard, And 202lbs Frazier he could have squashed. Ali would have made a reall tough fight but again 40lbs and 5" is a big size difference and Vitalis Jaw would ensure he wasnt getting KO'd

I dont think that he would have beat any heavy ever but there isnt a Heavy I think he wouldnt have a great chance against. The 2 fights he lost due to injury (Lewis and Byrd) he was up on the scorecards at the time.

I think Vitali is the most underrated and underapreciated heavy ever.

He has never been KO'd or even Dropped!! and in 38 wins has stopped 37 inside the distance. A heavy who stops fights that often generally entertains me.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Just checked there and the guy Vitali couldnt stop is Timo Hoffmann. 260lbs 6"7.5 and only been stopped once in his career by fellow 6"7.5 monster Alexander Dimitrenko! Thats forgivable I suppose. I think if Vitali had have stayed injury free and was 40-0 we would be talking about him as one of the greats and more people would appreciate his performances.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

bernard dunne is knocked out by poonsawat! Empty last 4 rounds of Vitali vs Arreola

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:32 pm

http://www.boxing-core.com/videos/_Vitali_Klitschko_vs_Cristobal_Arreola_Part_2?vid=10001853&tid=107

theres the last 4 rounds of the fight, worse quality but theres english commentary
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 am

Unfortunately for Vitali he's been the main man in a poor heavyweight division. Since Lewis retired the only other decent level heavyweight around has been his brother, who he isn't going to fight. Career defining fights go a long way to forging a fighter's reputation.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52 am

Compubox stats...

Vitali threw an impressive 800 punches in 10 rounds at a 38% connect rate, Arreola only threw 330 punches at a 26% connect rate.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Vitali is an alltime great heavyweight IMO.

Look at his loses, he was battering Chris Byrd before tearing his rotator cuff and having to retire from the fight.

And he was starting to pick Lewis apart before the fight got stopped due to a cut caused by the tap on Lewis's gloves. Lewis then retired like a coward rather than face him again.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:18 pm

look at his wins though!

an all time great isn't judged by their losses.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Whats Vitali going to do though? He wanted Lewis so much because he could have won a rematch and Lewis was the last big scalp in heavyweight boxing.

But you gotta think how much of Boxing is hype.. UFC potray Anderson as P4p best and people by into it. Miko Tyson beat Exactly who to be a great? Razor Ruddock once by UD and once by a bad stoppage. Really old fat Larry Holmes is his biggest scalp... That was also nearly Butterbeans Biggest scalp. Tyson beat Bonecrusher Smith and Frank Bruno... thats all really Golotta? I dunno Tyson didnt get the job done against Decent fighters and he is an all time great at Heavy.

Losses Vitali was always winning... Tyson was in his Prime against Buster Douglas. Against Holyfield he was in his physical prime and lost to an older man who made a career in the weight class below. Again He wasnt old in any of this fights when he lost he just had a very short peak

Vitali Klitschko is still fighting at 38 and riddled with Injuries. His record we all know his losses are a bit like the 1 on Fedor record... he all know who was winning the fight!

Mike Tyson has a worse KO ratio has been floored and Vitali hasnt. I think Vitali would beat Tyson if they fought in their Primes.

Win wise Vitali hasnt even the big names his brother has but he beat Chris Arreola who was unbeaten and a diserved number 1 contender. Samuel Peter who was number 2 ranked and the WBC champ. Gómez was undoubetedly the number 1 contender after he beat Vladimir Virchis, Corrie Sanders was again a World champ, Herbie Hide may not be a huge scalp but was WBO world champ twice.

Id be 1st to admit not the biggest win and thats holding his Legacy back but MArketing is a big think in Boxing. Boxing is all smoke and mirrors at times. Tyson an all time great? Clearly in most peoples eyes... Vitali who also lacks big scalps but has only lost on Injury, Never beein in a figth he was loosing, Never been KO'd or dropped and has stopped all but 1 fight not a great? I dont see it...

Dunno why im using Tyson as such an exaple but I could point out that When Joe Louis was around people still considered Jack Dempsey as the Greatest ever... Sometimes popularity and Image go a long way in boxing. Vitali really suffers from that.

Even if he mopped up the Devision beating Haye, Valuev etc.. I dont think he can get any Credit because his Brother is seeing to other good challengers by beating Chagaev, Ibragmov and he going after Povetkin next I think.. Vitali could do with his Brother being beat by Povetkin or a fight with his Brother to seal a Legacy, But I think no matter what he does the Americans won like him and the Americans write the Boxing history books so to speak!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:57 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:look at his wins though!

an all time great isn't judged by their losses.

My point is, that if it hadn't been for 2 very unfortunate injuries he would be undefeated and probably have broken Marciano's record.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm