THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+14
Ginginho
Bulldog67
Once Mohawked Pete
ChelseaQuinsfan
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
TomHughes1983
Paolo_73
Albion_Oakley
hendos_right_hook
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
18 posters

Womens MMA

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Womens MMA - Page 3 Empty Re: Womens MMA

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Additional Generic wrote:To those people who say that men who dont't like seeing women get hit are chauvinists, just wondering would you hit a girl?

If not then why wouldn't you?

I have never accused anyone who is averse to watching a woman get hit chauvinistic. It's all about the context. Women getting hit, is not desirable. Women taking part in a violent sport, however, is a womans choice. IMO, women have as much right to partake in said sport, as a man, and I don't think that there'd be too many here that would argue against that. Chauvinism, only really comes into the picture if men tried to say that women did not have that right.

As I've said before, I don't particularly like watching Chavs fighting outside of pubs, but professional MMA fights inside a ring/cage is a different matter altogether.
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Womens MMA - Page 3 Empty Reply: Womens MMA

Post  Raiden Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm

I don't know any female fans of mma in person (i dont many male fans either tbh but I know some). Not sure if we have any female members here on armbar.

A lot of girls I know give out about mma. I've been watching mma with girls in the room commenting ignorantly about the sport. Annoyed me to be honest. From my position they dont understand the sport. It's the sport I love and its annoying when people comment in such a way when they havent a clue about it.

Imagine if a female mixed martial artist and fan of mma were to join the armbar and see such comments about women's mma.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm

Raiden wrote:
    A lot of girls I know give out about mma. I've been watching mma with girls in the room commenting ignorantly about the sport. Annoyed me to be honest. From my position they dont understand the sport. It's the sport I love and its annoying when people comment in such a way when they havent a clue about it.

I imagine you would think the same about men commenting ignorantly as well though raiden, I know I would.

My G/F's favourite fighter is Houston Alexander, would that count as commenting ignorantly hahahaha
    Raiden
    Raiden
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Womens MMA - Page 3 Empty Reply: Womens MMA

Post  Raiden Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

I imagine you would think the same about men commenting ignorantly as well though raiden, I know I would.

Absolutely, I've experienced it a number of times aswel
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 pm

lol i have no interest in womans mma at all. my wife likes to watch the ufc with me and understands quite a bit of whats going on. her favourite fighters are leben and cummo though Shocked
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Good man King! I cant believe an article about Womens MMA got so many posts... this is worse than the Alex reid article! Laughing

I dont get all this Interest in Womens MMA, Do the Lads who watch Womens MMA watch other Womens sports? Womens Soccer etc.. I dont know anyone with an interest in Soccer who watches womens Soccer or Boxing who watches Womens Boxing...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Yeah,I do watch abit of womens football when it's on.Do I think the standard is good?No,but I love Football,I'm quite happy to go down a local park on a sunday mourning and watch two pub teams that are a far worse standard hump the ball around,so why would I not want to watch a much more organised,better standard pro womans team play.

Do you watch your mates play Rugby at the weekend?
    I bet any money that if a local amature mens team played against a pro womens rugby team,they would be chasing shadows,but you would still prefer to watch poorer amature mens teams play?

For a while I prefered womens tennis to the mens game,purely down to there was longer,more intense rallies and it was far more entertaining to watch,when on the mens side you had to many average gigantic players that just had a huge serve and nothing else,Rusedski,Goran etc,it just became boring,you got a 3 or 4 hit rally if you were lucky.

I think some of this discussion can come down to what you love,is it the people that partake in the sport or is it the sport itself,for me it's the sport first.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:31 pm

they have pub football in north carolina? Laughing

anyway of course i know its a womans choice to fight, doesnt mean i have to enjoy watching women get hit.

no-one watches womens football or boxing because they're not very good, and a decent pub team would beat a top flight pro women's team easily.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I used to love watching Womens tennis, but then Sharapova got injured Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:they have pub football in north carolina? Laughing

anyway of course i know its a womans choice to fight, doesnt mean i have to enjoy watching women get hit.

no-one watches womens football or boxing because they're not very good, and a decent pub team would beat a top flight pro women's team easily.

No pub teams here but loads of local espanic teams,I was talking more about what I did at the weekends before the pubs opened in England.

There is no way a pub team beats an English pro womens team and against an American womens pro team they would be lucky to keep the score against them down to double figures.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:47 pm

they would just muscle the women off the ball at every chance and the women would just bounce off them.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

Not her though ^^^^
    crazzycat
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  crazzycat Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:43 pm

cool video
    ----------

In our attorneys we trust...

Last edited by crazzycat on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am

A pro womens football team, the arsenal ladies for example, would batter any pub team. And any sunday league team. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

I watch womens sports, tennis and basketball mostly, bit of football or rugby if it's on. Athletics obviously.

Incredible amount of sexist nonsense in here. I had written a big post responding to pretty much every reply since my last post and my computer turned itself off before i posted it and i'm not rewriting it!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Womens MMA is not all bad....

http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/28546/Gina_Carano_vs_Kelly_Kobold_WeighIn_Strips_Off

The link says it all... Gina stripping off Cool
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:A pro womens football team, the arsenal ladies for example, would batter any pub team. And any sunday league team. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
    !

and that helps ya arguement how?
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:38 pm

He's just saying that shouldn't be considered massively inferior based on gender, in all sports, not just MMA.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Dog, do you drink Stella by any chance?
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:21 pm

but they are, predominantly, physiologically inferior, and it dont matter how many times u go down on germaine greer, that will remain fact, u wont find any proof that will say otherwise

BUT, sayin a pro football womens team beats a pub team proves your point is just asinine

and for the record, only beer that comes under Reinheitsgebot passes my lips, saves gettin a hangover .... Cool
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Bulldog67 wrote:but they are, predominantly, physiologically inferior, and it dont matter how many times u go down on germaine greer, that will remain fact

Womens MMA - Page 3 Applause

classic Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:43 am