THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
ChelseaQuinsfan
Paddyjock
6 posters

GREAT FIGHTS FOR FIGHT NIGHT 21!!

Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

GREAT FIGHTS FOR FIGHT NIGHT 21!! Empty GREAT FIGHTS FOR FIGHT NIGHT 21!!

Post  Paddyjock Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Florian v Gomi and Pearson v Siver looks to be set for Fight Night 21!

Should be 2 great fights at lightweight!!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

GREAT FIGHTS FOR FIGHT NIGHT 21!! Empty Re: GREAT FIGHTS FOR FIGHT NIGHT 21!!

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:05 am

Also rumoured are:

Nelson vs Struve

Okami vs Linahares

Tibau vs Uno

Miller vs Winner (great fight)

and

Quarry vs Riveria

The last few shows the UFC have put on have been good but not great, from UFC 109 onwards the cards get better and better. 3 UFC events in 10 days will do nicely, Kenflo vs the fireball kid should be outstanding.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

i think (and hope) Gomi will arrive in the UFC with a BANG and an unconscious tv presenter.

hopefully my av will come true.

either way, UFC 109 is OK, but it keeps getting better from then until ufc 113ish.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 am

I think 109 is a pretty poor card. Decent in terms of the names on it but boring match-ups.

110 looks really good
    Fight Night 20 looks great
    111 looks great
    Fight Night 21 looks really good
    112 looks great
    113 looks great
    114(Rampage vs Evans) looks good with just that fight announced!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 am

Poor is a little harsh, there are soom good matchups there. I think people are expecting the main event to be a borefest which is a little harsh considering Randy was in a FOTY canditate one fight ago and Coleman looked very good last time out. This well tell us who is done and who still has it to a certain degree.

BTW what is the Vera vs Bones card actually called? Its not FN 20, we just had that with Maynard vs Diaz and its not FN 21 either because that happens about a week later. I think its something like UFC on Versus or something, maybe UFC 20 and 1/2

Rampage vs Evans is probably the fight im most looking forward to right now just because I want to see all that hatred in a fight!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

UFC on Versus 1

which is a dumb name to be honest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Poor is a little harsh, there are soom good matchups there. I think people are expecting the main event to be a borefest which is a little harsh considering Randy was in a FOTY canditate one fight ago and Coleman looked very good last time out. This well tell us who is done and who still has it to a certain degree.

BTW what is the Vera vs Bones card actually called? Its not FN 20, we just had that with Maynard vs Diaz and its not FN 21 either because that happens about a week later. I think its something like UFC on Versus or something, maybe UFC 20 and 1/2

Rampage vs Evans is probably the fight im most looking forward to right now just because I want to see all that hatred in a fight!

Personally i didn't think Randy looked good against Nog. I thought Nog beat him pretty convincingly.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I agree, two fighter steadily declining due to age, this is a fight of the Liddell/Ortiz variety.

Nog looked a different class to Couture, yes it went all the way but it was hardly a closely fought battle was it? Didn't perform well against Vera in my opinion either.

Just glad their feeding him a fellow OAP before he goes off to retires or ends up on the undercards.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm

It wasn't a domination, it was an easy win for Nog though. Still Randy battled hard in the fight, showed great determination to avoid the subs and got 3 or 4 big shots in Nogs face but everyone knows Nog's durability and chin.

He wasn't too good against Vera but he still won IMO or didn't lose by a big margin to be considered an awful decision.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Not an Awfull decision, Probabally did a bit worse than Keith Jardine... I think Vera just beat them both. Vera is an good fighter though. I could see him beating Ramapge because Good Muay Thai vs An Inability to check a kick usually works in the Thai Boxers favor! Laughing Still I dont think he could Hang with Shogun, Evans, Machida etc... the other top Lhw's and if Randy cant hang with Vera de isnt due a shot.

But to his credit he said he didnt think he was next in line for a shot. Randy doesnt expect shots or demand them, so I dont hold UFC fast tracking an old legend to a last shot if he gets past Coleman. Evans reportedly ducked Couture, so if he beats Rampage he can wait to fight the winner of Shogun vs Machida, Likewise if Rampage beats Evans, Fuck him let Couture fight over him, he should count himself lucky to not be in jail! Laughing

I wonder where a win puts Coleman? I one of the loosers of Rampage/Evans or Shogun/Machida? I dont see a shot for him.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:04 pm

I rewatched the fight and it was a close fight. Randy I think won the first round because he controlled Vera against the cage, Vera won the second because he droppped Randy with a knee I think. The third round was the decider, I do think Randy edged it. Vera did have the mount but he did nothing, standing up Randy combined dirty boxing with some good uppercuts and knees. Vera did get some good kicks in but they weren't Amir Sadollah or Griffin kicks. Standing up Randy easily won, Vera made it close with the takedown and mount but not enough IMO. Even if Vera did edge the decision, its not really a terrible call because it was close, maybe wrong but I do think they got it right.

I like Vera but he is extremely frustraing. He is a very well rounded fighter and has a good personality but for some reason he has never been able to get to the next level, not sure why. Rampage would be too much IMO.

Evans didn't duck him as much as not wanting to fight him out of respect which I don't 100% agree with but its fair enough.

As for the title picture, you have to see who deserves it. That depends on the champion as well. If Machida wins, then I don't think Evans can get a title shot if he beats Rampage because he was KOed two fights ago. Rampage would be coming off three straight wins should he win and probably would deserve a chance at Machida but I would like to see him fight Griffin again. If Shogun wins, Evans would deserve a chance at him but could do another win, nothing changes for Rampage although the fact that Shogun dismantled him last time could be a factor.

If Randy were to defeat Coleman, technically he would no way deserve a shot but we know the UFC. Randy vs Machida/Shogun would be an exciting side but it could end badly for Randy against either fighter. If he beats Coleman I say give him the winner of Liddell/Ortiz which would be a very winnable fight meaning Evans/Rampage gets the shot. Other possible opponents could be Griffin, Cane or Jardine.

Right now I feel he should avoid the younger atheltes in the division like Bader and Jones, those are terrible fights for him right now. Stay away from Lil Nog who looks exceptional at the momment as well. These three will be in the title picture soon as well, I would say Lil Nog would go first but really thats only if Shogun beats Machida. Why? The dreaded training partners not fighting training partners rule.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm