THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

UFC Fight Night 29

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC Fight Night 29 Empty UFC Fight Night 29

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Just thought I'd see what everyones thoughts were, on what I thought, was a pretty mixed bag last night.

Patrick and Cabral looked decent on the undercard. I had been looking forward to seeing Cabrals debut, since I saw him on TUF Brazil, he looked sharp, especially on such a big night for him.

I thought that Dillishaw should have taken the result against Assuncao, for me he took the 1st and 3rd rounds fairly clearly, but certainly not the worst decision I've ever seen.

Palhares's antics (in keeping a hold on that heel hook way too long) were poor, and I'm glad he wasn't awarded SOTN honours (apparently for this very reason), it's one thing (IMO) to keep throwing punches at a downed opponent, but another, when the fighter has tapped and the ref is physically/verbally telling you he/she's seen it.

Maldonado/Beltran never really ignited for me, sure there was a bit of a tear up at times, just expected a bit more. Maldonado seemed content for the fight to take place against the cage, but just edged a close one.

Hamill/Silva was ok, Silva looked flabby, no idea why he came in 3lbs over, and Hamill just seemed to forget that he has great takedowns.

Silva/Kim was quite entertaining, Kim just seemed to sacrifice any semblance of defence, in favour for all out pressure, and whilst he won the first, I think that he would have gone on to lose a decision, but that left removed any chances of a decision.

Maia/Shields was pretty much as I expected, two BJJ experts, nullifying each others game, Shields came in with the perfect gameplan, it wasn't pretty, but I had him winning the first 3, Maia just edging the last 2.

Roll on the 19th, cannot wait for Cain/JDS III.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC Fight Night 29 Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 29

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I have to add that FOTN for me, was in TUF. Shocked 
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 pm

I remember posting on here a while ago that I thought Hyung Kim was the most boring fighter in the UFC. If he fights like he did last night every fight he certainly won't be, crazy leaping hooks and spinning shit are a welcome addition to his skillset. That said he did tire himself out after 7 or so minutes and was lucky he landed that left.

Dillashaw wuz robbed, and Maia lost the fight by twice ending up on the bottom soon after taking the back. Had he played for points I think the decision was his.

Palhares v Shields next please. (Although Palhares should really be suspended)

Will have to find a torrent for TUF if the fight was good.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 pm

It was, even before you consider it was between two women. Proper stand up war.

http://kickass.to/the-ultimate-fighter-s18e06-hdtv-x264-rudos-t7995698.html
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm

The girls on TUF did women's MMA proud last night,I think even Ben could be persuaded to watch more women's MMA after that.

I thought Dillashaw should have won too,good fight though.

Palhares is a beast if you let him grab a limb,but again he lets himself down by trying to purposely fuck someones career by not letting go to a tap or when the ref is flat on top of him trying to stop it.
    Love his skills and still think he's one of the best in the world,but really hope to see him get sparked out cold in his next fight.

Hamill should of stayed retired,his heads not in this game anymore,looks to me that he's just back for the paydays now.I can't really blame him I suppose,where else can he earn that kind of money,but it's not what us fans really want to watch is it?

Kim's KO was spectacular,but like you lads,if it wasn't for that sweet moment,I think he was going to be on the wrong end of a decision or stopped himself.The pace he set in that first round was crazy,but you could tell how bolloxed he was,even when he landed the haymaker he was on wobbly legs.But hey ho it worked for him and I'm looking forward to watching both fighters back in action.

All I have to say about the main event was,you can see why the UFC let Fitch go.
    Good game plan that was well executed by Sheilds,but fuck it's boring.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 pm

What site is good to watch the videos on these days im a bit behind with getting married there, had to trawl MMA-Core to get the Bones vs Gus one in 5 parts! Laughing Getting it back on TV soon but need to get a good site for the links to keep me going if anyone can help. Cheers lads.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 pm

I'll be honest Ben, I download them from KickAss the morning after, unless it's something special like a decent title fight.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 am

Palhares has been kicked out of the UFC.

Looks like Askren may be in trouble if he stays at Bellator
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Once Mohawked Pete wrote:I'll be honest Ben, I download them from KickAss the morning after, unless it's something special like a decent title fight.
    weird, im just gettin 'blocked site' for that, but its my own laptop/internet scratch 
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Depends on your ISP mate, a lot of them have to block (stupid government edict), try the proxy - http://proxykat.me/

P
    Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:25 pm

cheers OMP8) 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm