THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
manschesthair_utd
Bulldog67
rudeboyben84
ChelseaQuinsfan
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
10 posters

Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !!

hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !!

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Lets not joke, the Big Country belly smother is the most dangerous weapon in Nelson's armoury! Very Happy

On a serious note, Nelson will never be more than a good fighter, more well rounded than Kongo, but he will never beat Mir, Carwin Velasquez, Nog and definitely not Lesnar. I can think of at least 10 heavyweights who could beat him.

Maybe I'm underestimating him here, but he did just come off the worst season in TUF history...
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !!

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm

hendos_right_hook wrote:Lets not joke, the Big Country belly smother is the most dangerous weapon in Nelson's armoury! Very Happy

On a serious note, Nelson will never be more than a good fighter, more well rounded than Kongo, but he will never beat Mir, Carwin Velasquez, Nog and definitely not Lesnar. I can think of at least 10 heavyweights who could beat him.

Maybe I'm underestimating him here, but he did just come off the worst season in TUF history...

Nelson has tappen Mir before in a Grappling tournament hasnt he? Its not improssible he could beat one of the top guys... He might have beat Arlvoski. I dont rate him either though, Anfield said he might Crack the top 10, Litterally at number 10 at best, Id agree with that, I dont think were going to see him do much better but no shame in being top ONLY 10 ranked!
    GWillz
    GWillz
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  GWillz Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Personally I think Nelson is bad for MMA in general. I like to see any pro athlete who is competing at the highest level to at least look like they are in good shape!! Can you imagine a first timer switching on the UFC and seeing him fighting, it's embarassing!

I really hope that he tries to lay on Struve and Struve subs him from the bottom some how!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm

wont happen.

i dont care what shape he is in to be honest, he has been the best fighter since he has been fat.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

He's actually good for the sport. Because average joes will look at him and think "hey, he's got a gut like me, maybe i could try fighting" and get down their local gym. There has been a rise in the amount of over-weight men attending training classes in general since TUF. The Judo club i take sometimes has two guys who were inspired by Nelson. One of them has a lot of potential.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 pm

If he's good enough to win fights, which he is, then I've got no problem with Nelson competing in MMA.

I bought Streetfighter IV the other day and was surprised to see Roy had found his way into the game as well...
    Roy Nelson expected to meet Stefan Struve in UFN 21 on Versus !! - Page 2 250px-Rufus-sfiv
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 pm

got a PS3 mate?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

I've got an XBox.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad No Mad Sad Shocked confused scratch lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:10 am