THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight. Empty Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight.

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Lombard is going to be another stumbling block for Nate and as harsh as it might be it could send him to WSOF. Lombard is a fighter Ive still loads of faith in. He is still someone I see flashes of brilliance in and he is suppose to have cut his walk around weight from 220lbs to 190lbs, (roughtly what GSP walks around at). I think Lombard is going to live up to that Lightning nickname and we will see more speed and movement about him.

His two losses in UFC were to former Lhw's and SD's at that. He still has great wins and people think he hasnt cut it at UFC level. Prangley for example is on a 7 fight run after the Lombard loss, fighting between Hw and Lhw. Jesse Taylor is on a 6 fight run, and these are both currently UFC calibre fighters IMO. Shlemenko is UFC level for sure a Bellator Mw champ Mw whos only loss in 17 fights was Lombard... I think there a lot of people who forget what Lombard can do and I think he will run through Nate.

Nate matches up well enough with some guys, destroyed Kampmann and Maia but Lombard can throw him about or bang him up on the feet, the power difference will really tell and Im seeing a brutal KO. Lombard will get a crack at GSP I reckon.

-----------

Nog vs Struve, I dont know 25 might still be too young for Struve to take this big a step up. Nog is going downhill but I dont know if Struve has improved enough to beat him. I could see a 265lbs or above Struve coming in soon and when that kid starts packing on a bit of weight and power he will start climbing the ranks.
    (assuming he will always be able to healthily make weight)

Struves boxing is still a weakeness, all his KO's have been standing throwing hands. He hasnt got to grips with using his size yet. Jon Jones would beat him to the jab all night and not just because he is faster he just knows how to use what he has got.

People Land on Struve, such a tall fighter he gets hit plenty but then again so does Nog, maby another Herring headkick that Nog has to come back from the head to fight on? Either way im looking forward to this, I think Nog is favorite in my head because of struves boxing defence.

Hard to say because I dont think Nog has long left as a fighter, another Loss will retire him and certainly take him out of relevance. Its not unthinkable that a 7" 260lbs 25year old could do it!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight. Empty Re: Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight.

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

Both sound like good and logical fights all coming off losses and potentially could very entertaining fights.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight. Empty Re: Nog/Struve and Lombard/Marquardt want to fight.

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Well one of these has been booked. Nate vs Lombard at UFC 166 (Jds vs Cain 3)

Really looking forward to this one. I think this is the start of Lombards run at the Ww title. Im expecting a title shot for him soon if he impresses here.

If he wins put him in a number 1 contenders fight. People were high on him fighting Silva when he came in at 185, I think GSP is much more realistic oponent and one has has the tools to beat.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 pm