THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left Empty Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 pm

So incase everyone was wondering why Lombard has been so inactive in Bellator its because he is out of contract. Now there is a championship clause for him and I dont know the in's and out's of it but by the sound of it he might not be trapped in Bellator.

They are in the middle of negitiations right now but fingers crossed it goes tits up and we see him in the UFC. Lombard vs Belfort anyone?

Alvarez has the Aoki fight and he is done with SF (though I think its a time limit of 8 months or so as well) Win loose or draw I think UFC would like to sign him he has consistently been a top ranked Lw for years now and is still young.

Anyone see UFC signing Either/Both? Dana said in an interview he would love to sign Lombard if he was a free agent... heres hoping.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left Empty Re: Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:49 pm

The most obvious Idea for Alvarez would be If he beats Aoki for Zuffa to get him straight to Strikeforce to fight Melendez If they can agree a deal If he loses he will almost certainly remain in Bellator with the Spike deal kicking in next year It's kind of a win win situation.

Lombard well it would be great to see him in Zuffa but I think he might have stagnated for far too long in Bellator It's a shame he didn't cross over 18 months ago.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left Empty Re: Lombard out of Contract, Alvarez has 1 fight left

Post  uly Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Lombard hasnt been that inactive, he last fought in Bellator in November.. and Bellator have had an off-season since then so they haven't been able to get him fights. So really he fought on their second to last event. He's had longer periods where he didnt fight in Bellator in the past

He might be facing Khalidov in KSW soon.

I dont think Lombard will go to the UFC until he loses his Bellator title. Alvarez might get there now though if he beats Aoki
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

I think SF would be a better landing spot for both.

Alvarez can step straight in as a challenger for Gilbert, whereas he'd be 4th in line in the UFC now that Edgar has cried his way in to a rematch.

Jacare, Lawlor and of course Rockhold all provide good tests for Lombard in SF.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 am