THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Henderson calling out Silva

great_ginger_10
    great_ginger_10
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Henderson calling out Silva Empty Henderson calling out Silva

Post  great_ginger_10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Has anyone seen the article where Henderson says that A. Silva does not want to fight him and he and his management are ducking him cos he is the only one who can beat him.
    I kind of like Dan Henderson but he really is blowing smoke up his own ass if he feels that Silva is ducking him. He already holds a convincing win over him and has stated that he wants to move up weight classes for super fights to end his career, which makes sense. I think he is just trying to create a bit of a feud so that this fight comes about again. If they do fight again I can only see it going the same way and then where does that leave him in the division. Anyway what are your thoughts about this?
    Here is the article.
    http://mmamania.com/2009/09/02/dan-henderson-anderson-silva-is-really-trying-not-to-fight-me-its-obvious/
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Henderson calling out Silva Empty Re: Henderson calling out Silva

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:05 am

I understand Dan feeling hard done by, Dana white needs to hold fire on saying people are getting a shot. After the Bisping fight he was saying Hendo was next for sure... Now he changes his mind and says that Maby Nate will... not maby they will have a fight to settle it...

Okami was treated the same he was told that he was getting a shot and it never happend. I think to avoid fighters feeling so hard done by Dana needs to keep his mouth closed and not start saying "he is getting next shot for sure"

I really like Dan but I dont think Anderson is ducking anyone. Hendos gas tank still looks to be a bit of a problem. I think he would do better in a rematch but Seriously Anderson isnt worried about him, Anderson is looking bigger fights (Frank Mir maby?) with not long left in the UFC he wants the biggest fights and the Hendo fight would be a lot bigger if he beat Nate and established himself as a clear cut top of the pile 185er.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:58 am

Maybe Hendo is just playing the mind games, Nate did it pretty well also. For me Nate deserves it more, Maia is a much bigger win than Bisping. They need to fight each other to determine the number one contender, id prefer it to be a 5-round fight. A Silva isn't ducking anyone and I feel he has a right to take bigger fights and to make sure the next match for his title is a legit contender. Either way he will come in 1-0 against either fighter so he isn't ducking anyone. Thing is, at 38 how much has Henderson, actually how much could he have improved since last time? Nate on the other hand has completly reshaped and is a much better fighter. Hendo won't out strike Nate or Silva the way he did to Bisping. Both are superior ground guys as well, I think Nate could beat Hendo and then beat Silva as well! affraid Maybe not Silva but i would pick him against Hendo for sure.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 am

I agree it seems like mind games but Silva isn't making a solid case for refuting this claim by suggesting Nate & Dan fight first then takes the winner while fighting another slow lumbering LHW so Dana can show case his ability if he doesn't fight Dan or Nate my money is on Jardine or any other chinny LHW Cool
    andreiolay
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  andreiolay Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm

i think nate deserves a shot at silva before hendo also i think hendo should have a rematch with franklin as i think franklin won

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm