THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Anfields5thKing
kavik2
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping

Poll

Who do you want to fight him?

[ 5 ]
    Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping I_vote_lcap83%Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping I_vote_rcap [83%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping I_vote_lcap17%Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping I_vote_rcap [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping Empty Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I reckon either fight will be great, out of all 3 I think Belcher is more likely to beat Bisping because he is a better striker and better on the ground. I wouldnt guarentee Stann would land one of those Bombs on a backpeddling Bisping... but id love to see him go after him.

I dont mind who fights him next I really like both fights but for me Im going for Belcher because after that Performance against Palhares I think he is ready to move to the top guys in the devision.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping Empty Re: Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping

Post  kavik2 Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Belcher would be more interesting I think, I really didnt rate him TBH until the last two fights but he has been very impressive.

I really dont like Stann, cant put my finger on why, sick of hearing about the GI Joe shit and other than that just dont think there is anything about him at all - Sonnen walked through him.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping Empty Re: Belcher and Stann both calling out Bisping

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Wasn't a big fan of Belcher pre-injury but been really impressed since he came back. Him vs Bitchping works for me.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 am

I think Bisping beats both, but having said that, both Stann and Belcher could put Bisping out cold if they land correctly. Personally, although Belcher is more well rounded than Stann, I think Stann would be more likely to land a big shot against Bisping.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:I think Bisping beats both, but having said that, both Stann and Belcher could put Bisping out cold if they land correctly. Personally, although Belcher is more well rounded than Stann, I think Stann would be more likely to land a big shot against Bisping.

You see Bisping outstriking Belcher or trying to take it to the ground? I think Belcher tops him in both Areas... His Kicks and he has more diversity to his striking than Backpeddle and jab.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm

I'd rather we see Bisping v Belcher, Stann is so one dimensional and I feel a gimme for Bisping. Belcher is way more rounded and has far more tools.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:I'd rather we see Bisping v Belcher, Stann is so one dimensional and I feel a gimme for Bisping. Belcher is way more rounded and has far more tools.

Who for Stann then? Wanderlei should avoid him at all costs Id say. I wonder if Franklin would fight him?

Franklin is another one who might want to go after Bisping. The Mw devision is actually getting quite interesting with Lombard in it, Franklin back and Lombard about to debut.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:37 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    Cowboys From Hell wrote:I'd rather we see Bisping v Belcher, Stann is so one dimensional and I feel a gimme for Bisping. Belcher is way more rounded and has far more tools.

Who for Stann then? Wanderlei should avoid him at all costs Id say. I wonder if Franklin would fight him?

Franklin is another one who might want to go after Bisping. The Mw devision is actually getting quite interesting with Lombard in it, Franklin back and Lombard about to debut.

I'm thinking Franklin or maybe the winner of Tonight's fight between Le & Cote.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm

When is Belfort back? I'd like to see him v Stann.

gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:I think Bisping beats both, but having said that, both Stann and Belcher could put Bisping out cold if they land correctly. Personally, although Belcher is more well rounded than Stann, I think Stann would be more likely to land a big shot against Bisping.

You see Bisping outstriking Belcher or trying to take it to the ground? I think Belcher tops him in both Areas... His Kicks and he has more diversity to his striking than Backpeddle and jab.

If my memory serves me right, wasnt dennis kang owning belcher on the stand up, until he got sloppy, and bisping didnt have too much problem wiv kang? And also belcher struggled with sexyama in the stand up, and bisping pretty much had his way with him, so I think bispings style beats both belcher and stann, unless he gets caught!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 am

Bisping didn't have too many problems with Kang?? He was nearly knocked unconscious in the first round. Dropped like a sack of shit.

Also, Kang was winning that fight with Belcher with takedowns, not in the stand-up. Then Belcher tapped him.

Belcher has improved massively over the last 3 years.
    gre660wl
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  gre660wl Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Bisping didn't have too many problems with Kang?? He was nearly knocked unconscious in the first round. Dropped like a sack of shit.

Also, Kang was winning that fight with Belcher with takedowns, not in the stand-up. Then Belcher tapped him.

Belcher has improved massively over the last 3 years.

Ok he got caught and kang followed him to the ground, but he more than held his own on the matt for the rest of the round, and then dominated the next round with a few takedowns and some ground an pound! and im sure kang looked the better in the stand up against belcher, it wasnt as if he was taking belcher down because belcher was superior or owt. Anyway, regardless i think belcher bisping would be a great fight, i just in my opinion think bisping would win.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm