THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
Albion_Oakley
Bulldog67
George_Louis_Costanza@who
Paolo_73
quicksuperlee
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
12 posters

T.Silva injured BEFORE UFC 108

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

T.Silva injured BEFORE UFC 108 - Page 2 Empty Re: T.Silva injured BEFORE UFC 108

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:43 pm

I think we all forgot about Jones as well, he is an enormous LHW. Definitley bigger than Silva.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

T.Silva injured BEFORE UFC 108 - Page 2 Empty Re: T.Silva injured BEFORE UFC 108

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Bones Jones? He's not bigger than Silva. Longer maybe. But not bigger.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Yeah Bones is the biggest Lhw about Id say, he is really wide at the shoulder and has a massive reach (Biggest in UFC Brock included!) You have to remember when Anderson weighs 225lbs etc.. its because he loves Junkfood. Its all carried in a Big Mac filled Gut!! Laughing

I think theres a huge expectation for MMA fighters to Cut weight, Boxers in comparison dont tend to cut nearly as much and maby thats why MMA fighters tend to Puff a lot easier even though they fight for half the time.

Mousasi said it was too hard for him to make Mw, And while one of the smaller Lhw's because he isnt heavily set he is still a natural Lhw I reckon. MMA weight classes have 20lbs between them so its hard for some fighters that would benefit from a class in between. I think Hendo walks around at 195-200lbs and he seems to cope at Lhw.

Anyone 220lbs or so Is a natural Lhw Id say, Soko is for sure that, Sure theres The likes or Marquardt that can cut 40lbs but Its not every fighter that can do that and not leave himself drained
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Bones is bigger than Silva but he isn't bigger than Bader, Bonnar or Ortiz.

Anderson doesn't really seem to have a gut on him, I think he has a fast metabalism that allows him to remain fairly skinny.

Doesn't Lesner cut about 40 Ibs every fight? He makes it easily though and doesn't or hasn't gassed in his fights.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Its easier to cut 40 pounds when you are 305 pounds as oppose to 220. But yeah Anderson is very good at cutting weight although not as good as Rumble lol!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Brock Cuts from 300 - 265 so 35lbs quite a lot but there are guys doing simiar if not more

Some Lhw's like Rampage and Forrest are cutting from 230 odds to 205 which is 25lbs (at Least, I wouldnt be supprised to hear Bader etc is closer to 240)

Anderson Cuts from 225lbs - 185lbs so does Marquardt they are cutting 40lbs! Im sure Belfort is doing something similar

Avles cuts from 210lbs to 170 so he is cutting 40lbs too (Might be 220, Anfield might know)

Rumble cuts from 220lbs to 170lbs so he is the biggest weight cutter at 50lbs! which is Huge comsidering he is a Welter cutting more than Lesnar!!

Any other big weigh cutters in MMA?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

They say wrestlers are extremely good at cutting weight, Brock does cut alot of weight, he says when he steps into octagon he is 280 or more.

I think Coleman is another big weight cutter.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Wilson Goviea is the best weight cutter in MMA.

Alves probably cuts from 220, don't take my word Anfield will know but he looks bigger than Rumble.

Bonnar cuts from 235, GSP cuts from about 190, Lashley cuts from 277. Tibau has to be a huge weight cutter as well and not always successful at it either but I heard he walks around at about 185-195. Now considering he is a LW, 155 that is incredible. Potentially 35 pounds.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 pm

where did you hear lashley cuts from 277, i would say thats unlikely since he weighs in as low as 250.

on Dana Whites blog he talked to Forrest and Forrest said he weighed around 240, this was at ufc 108.

and chelsea if you have seen anderson when he was cornering little nog he was FAT!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Thats what I thought as well but Anfield quite a while ago said he spoke to him and he was 277. Lasley is a pretty guy so I can see it. Speaking of Lashley I heard he has left TNA. Wiether thats part of a storyline im not sure.

I didn't notice Silva with Lil Nog, ill check that out.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:42 pm

like the muscular type do we? Twisted Evil
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:01 am

Glad Lashley is going to stop wrestling and do MMA full time but I dont see him ever getting that good. if he is 277 its fat between fights, when he is cut he is 250lbs, when Lesnar is cut he is 280lbs there is a massive size difference as well as tallent difference! Laughing I think Big foot would School him though he really choked with Werdum.

Lil Nog returning about UFC 111 onward, whos he going to be up against? Time wise, T.Silva, Evans, Couture, Shogun, Machida, Vera, Bones, Tito, Chuck etc.. most guys who could be a sensible fight for him are busy. Forrest should man up and take the fight with him, It bothers me Forrest get credit for being souch a cool guy, but he wont take a fight with Nog because he wants someone more Famous! He Cries after he gets beat and runs out of the ring after being KO'd by a Jab! Im not much of a griffin guy these days.

Rampage is good to go and him vs Nog is a great fight but Rampage wants the Evans fight so who is ready? Rematch with the Janitor? Bader could happen? I dont know other resonably ranked fighters that he could fight, UFC are really under rating him if they put him in with anyone below Griffin. I suppose a fight with Rich would work as well, he is top 10. So Rich, Matyushenko, Bader, Forrest? 4 options Is all I can come up with and I think Rich is injured!!! Matt Hamill technically picked up a win over Jones but I reckon he will be out for a bit.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 am

Lashley was up at 277 before the Sapp fight. He's not leaving TNA. It's all part of the story line. Big developments at TNA for anyone who's interested. Hogan has joined them.

Alves cuts from anywhere between 210 to 225 depending on the break between fights but he starts to drop weight from the very start of his camp. The have cutting down to an art form at ATT. Alves, Tibau and JZ all cut in excess of 25 pounds for their fights.

I don't think Bones is all that big. He's got really long limbs but his frame isn't huge and i don't think he cuts all that much.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:52 am

Laughing Shocking mistake on my part Chesty.

Lil Nog vs Bader won't happen because Bader is fighting Jardine. In an ideal world Griffin would take the fight but not sure thats happening. Maybe Couture/Coleman.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 pm