THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
payneNglory1
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
rudeboyben84
8 posters

Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia! Empty Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia!

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:38 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%20A%2000061.html

Good news It would be good to see Arlovski back in action, I wouldnt mind seeing a 4th fight because Im sure AA would beat him and settle the score. I dont know what DREAM really has to offer either of them because there arent many good Heavys on DREAMS roster... I think it would be great if they let them regularly compete in Strikeforce...

Big Foot vs Arlovski
    Rogers vs Sylvia

Something like that would be great.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia! Empty Re: Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia!

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Good news, both of them need to get back into fighting regularly against decent opponents.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia! Empty Re: Dream want to sign Arlovski and Sylvia!

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Can't complain about this, two established names, regardless of current fighting ability will always add to Strikeforce's image as a respectable and competitive promotion.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 pm

If this comes off,it's not a bad start for my 2010 predictions.

17.UFC signs Gomi,Aoki and Alverez and they all debut in a UFC event in Japan.

Gomi signed but obviously won't be debuting in Japan.

21.Arlovski vs Timmeh 4 at Dream.

looks like this might happen too,if it doesn't happen under the Dream banner it could still happen under Adrenaline.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:18 pm

Love AA hes the man hopefully get back to his best!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:If this comes off,it's not a bad start for my 2010 predictions.

17.UFC signs Gomi,Aoki and Alverez and they all debut in a UFC event in Japan.

Gomi signed but obviously won't be debuting in Japan.

21.Arlovski vs Timmeh 4 at Dream.

looks like this might happen too,if it doesn't happen under the Dream banner it could still happen under Adrenaline.

Neither Aoki or Alvarez will be signing for the UFC in 2010 though. Aoki is signed to Dream and Strikeforce for the foreseeable future and Alvarez can't join the UFC because of his Bellator contract and the UFC's insistence on exclusive contracts.

It'll be nice to see Timmeh getting knocked out in Japan for a change.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:05 am

You could be right,I don't know how many fights either has left on their contracts.
    Anything could happen this year though,with this global recession going on,Contracts can be bought out,Orgs could go under,some of the Orgs might have to cash in on their biggest talent to survive,or failing that the UFC might even change their ways a little,who knows,it's just a prediction.

Do you think we will see a UFC in Japan this year?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am

I think we will. They'd be stupid not to. I think they should have been going to Japan before Australia. Especially with Wanderlei and CroCop on the card. Would have made sense, those two are gods in Japan. I expect they'll be in Japan by the end of the year.

I think the UFC, Strikeforce and Dream will be here this time next year. I think Bellator will continue to grow and i'm really hoping for big things from Shine. I think we're going to see another major growth in MMA this year as the recession starts to end.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:42 am

I agree with Anfield there, I expect the four he has mentioned to remain in business, hopefully Shine continues to grow as well. Sengoku might go under though, they look most likely to go under.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:48 am

Yeah i think Sengoku are fucked. Dream should snap up the pieces.

Just realized Nog is on the Australian card as well. Stupid not to have it in Japan with 3 of the 4 biggest names from Pride on the card!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:39 pm

I think all the UFC events are broadcasted in japan (i know they are in korea), and this one is in a good location for japanese tv viewers as far as time difference is concerned, will probably be an early evening thing for them.

Imagine if it had Crocop, Wand, Nog, AND Sexyama as originally proposed, that would send japanese mma fans crazy.

they could have also had Gomi and Uno on the card if they wanted DREAM official's heads to explode.

I think it would be a good plan for the UFC to have japanese cards and stack them with old pride/heroes guys against up and comers.

Crocop, Wand, Nog, Herring, Gomi, Rampage (though hes just as popular in the USA), Shogun, Uno, Sexyama etc.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Ye Lads I agree, I think they could even put Kimbo there as well because he could be huge in Japan.

If Dana really wanted to make money he would co-promote with Dream in Japan and have fights like BJ vs Aoki, Crusher vs Gomi, Alvarez vs Sanchez, Hellboy vs Kenflo, Mousasi vs Machida/Shogun, Sapp vs Kimbo, Minowa vs Nate ect. Some of those matches could attract HUGE crowds in Japan, but sadly all that is wishful thinking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:43 am