THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

the smaller octagon at TUF finale....

Poll

the smaller octagon....

[ 1 ]
    the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_lcap13%the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_lcap0%the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_lcap25%the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 4 ]
    the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_lcap50%the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_lcap12%the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 8
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... Empty the smaller octagon at TUF finale....

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

the octagon was just under 22 feet in diameter on saturday, instead of the regular 30 feet diameter, how do you think it affected the fights?

**multiple choice poll**

(i think the wec cage is 20 ft across, the DREAM/PRIDE ring is 23 feet across side to side, most boxing fights stipulate between 16-22 feet for a ring side to side)

also say how if joe silva gets his way and they reduce the octagon size, how would it affect the fights on a regular basis.

my opinion, a small cage forces encounters more, but promotes "fencing" a large cage decreases the chance of "fencing" but also makes it easier to circle all day and avoid encounters.

A ring forces the action and you can't fence push, perfect solution!!!!1!!one11!!! cheers
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... Empty Re: the smaller octagon at TUF finale....

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 pm

No real change, In a way maby it encourages more toe to toe but im sick of people being pushed against the cage, I wonder why UFC doesnt just look at DREAMS white cage and see its a far far far better idea. Too much pride to admit someone did something better I say, But the Bouncy cage is an obvious option,

I couldnt cage about the size of the octogon, I just want to see it made springy like Ropes. If a figher shoots for a TD when the other is against the cage the Spring causes momentum meaning its not a disadvantage to the grappler... Springy cage = more action, Sort it out UFC!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

the smaller octagon at TUF finale.... Empty Re: the smaller octagon at TUF finale....

Post  Shanemc Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 am

yeah i noticed this when watching i think the bigger ones are bigger for fighters that like to strike and move around alot wrestlers im sure will like the smallers ones best better as not as much room for fighters to move so easier to get the takedown

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm