THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
redmeanie77
hendos_right_hook
paul815
NonnyMus
8 posters

Hypothetical Situation

NonnyMus
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Hypothetical Situation Empty Hypothetical Situation

Post  NonnyMus Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Posted this on 606 as well:

Dana has responded to comments lately from M-1 saying Fedor will fight Lesnar for free by saying he would love it is he fought for free.

Now what would happen if (I'm not saying this would definitely happen) Fedor fights Lesnar, dominates him and wins in the first round with Lesnar unable to offer any sort of excuse. Then he chooses not to sign with the UFC. Where would Dana go from there?

Would he still speak about Fedor being fat, over-rated etc? Make excuses for Brock? Or would he admit to Fedor being the best?

Again, not saying anything like this would happen and don't want to turn this into another "Is Fedor the best?" article, just quite interested to see what would happen if it did.
    paul815
    paul815
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Hypothetical Situation Empty Re: Hypothetical Situation

Post  paul815 Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:19 pm

Interesting point, i think he's only saying he would stage it because he knows it wont happen. If, as i reckon he would; Fedor dominated Lesnar, it would make his claims about Fedor seem very petty!I actually think Dana is a big fan of Fedor, he just wont admit it publically for obvious business reasons.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't think Dana's a fan of anybody unless they're on his roster and making him money. He's a person who sees new signings as money making opportunities rather than talented athletes. Just look at Tito Ortiz.

As for the Fedor situation, I just wish he'd see some sense, because when (if) Brock gets better and is willing to fight Fedor, A LOT of word-eating will take place!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Dont forget M-1 would also have alot to risk if Fedor loses.

If Brock loses, Dana could also talk up some other fighters who he thinks could beat Fedor, and make excuses Brock for Brocks loss. Not end of the world for UFC.

But it would be massive blow for M-1 if Fedor lost to UFC fighter.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Redmeanies point is the best I've heard on this topic yet. I hope this fight never happens as I personally feel Brock "could" beat Fedor... Brock is as big as they come and is fuckin fast man, I don't know anyone who could handle him running at them, his sheer size would be the factor. I know Fedor has fough big guys like Hong man cho but he was all slow and dopey. Lesnar would just run at Fedor! But then on the other hand Lesnar could run at Fedor, Fedor throws his right hand, hits Lesnar on the chin, and Lesnar head falls off?? ha ha!

It's a fight the whole MMA world want to see and I personally would back Fedor, but I would always have my doughts... pale
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Dana's only real option would be to give M1 what they want, the co-promotion thing, if this happened, carrying on w/o fedor would simply not be an option.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Number one he would still say Silva is the best P4P best fighter or GSP. Or he might just decide to co promote. Its not as bad is if Fedor were to lose though because they have nothing else to give. It would be very dumb on there part to organise a fight like that.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 pm

If Fedor was to beat Brock it would destroy any credibility that the UFC HW title has. Simple as that.

Strikeforce could then make claims to have people capable of beating all UFC champions in Mousasi(think Machida would beat him), Hendo(think he beats Silva), Shields(GSP would beat him in the most boring fight ever) and Aoki(against Penn, depends which BJ turns up and which Aoki turns up)
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Mousasi(think Machida would beat him), Hendo(think he beats Silva), Shields(GSP would beat him in the most boring fight ever) and Aoki(against Penn, depends which BJ turns up and which Aoki turns up)

Right now Machida is too much for Mousasi, maybe in a few years but I think Machida would still win. Silva beat Hendo last time, yes he had cardio problems but look at Hendo since that fight. UD over Palahares, SD over Franklin (who Silva destroyed twice Crying or Very sad ) and a KO over Bitchping. Maybe but its a brave call making hi favourite. A fully fit and focused BJ should always be able to beat Aoki because of his standup and the fact that they are probably equal on the ground. Id see this fight going similar to BJ-KenFlo. Alvarez would have a better shot with his quick and hard hands, so when he goes to SF and wins the tile then ye I agree.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 am

Styles make fights so the Franklin-Hendo and Franklin-Silva fights aren't really comparable.

Hendo was winning the fight against Silva til he gassed. Remember, he hadn't fought at 185 in over a year and he was a solid 205 against Rampage as opposed to the blown up 205 he was against Wandi.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 am

Silva's main weakness is his wrestling and his main strength is his wrestling. Hendo is near impossible to KO so I could see Hendo winning for sure. At the same time how many knees can a chin take, even if it is Hendo's? Plus he does have BJJ and I don't know Hendo would handle the later rounds. Again I think its possible but making him favourite is a big call. Plus knowing Dana he would bring up there first fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 am

If Hendo could control the clinch it might neutralize the knees though. And if he caught Silva with that right hand it could be nap time.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 am

Fair point about the clinch. But Silva's head movement is fantastic and Silva is a much better striker than Bisping. Hendo isn't to quick, he never was in terms of hand speed. I think Hendo should avoid a striking battle if he wants to win, otherwise he could lose on points.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:09 am