THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Overeem/Dream Situation

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Overeem/Dream Situation Empty Overeem/Dream Situation

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Reports surfaced online late Tuesday evening that Alistair Overeem vs. Ricco Rodriguez was all but signed for the DREAM.15 card on July 10.

However, a source close to Overeem told MMA Fighting that the fight isn't close to being official and that there is a "90%" chance that Overeem won't be fighting on the card altogether.

In addition, Overeem's trainer, Martijn de Jong, told The Fight Show's Mauro Ranallo Wednesday afternoon that Overeem is "definitely not" fighting Rodriguez at DREAM.15.

The trainer added that Overeem is currently in Sweden, and his camp will officially decide whether he will fight on the card Friday.

On the flip side, DREAM officials and Rodriguez's camp have informed MMA Fighting that contracts have been sent out and that both camps have verbally agreed to the fight.

There was talk at one time of having Overeem fight Andrei Arlovski, Ikuhisa Minowa or Tim Sylvia at DREAM.15, but those plans all fell through for different reasons. It appears as though matchmaking is one of the major hurdles affecting the Strikeforce heavyweight champion's participation on the card.

Of course, this is Japan, and as we all know by now, things can change on a dime when it comes to DREAM matchmaking.

Stay tuned.

Overeem vs Minowa!!! Wow! Thats would be DREAM's christmas present to me! Laughing

I Still hope Ricco gets a big fight in DREAM, him vs Svliva or if Id watch him and Arlovski fight again, or him and Bigfoot are SF havnt anything planned for either.

But Minowa vs Overeem would have been the fight id have killed to see, Chances are Minowa would get hospitalised by a knee but if the got the Leglock and won I think Id change my religion to the church of Minowaman, why not people are Jedi's as a religion after all!

Does anyone know what SF are paying Overeem? His origianl contract when he won the Title had him on 30K a fight!! Now youd imagine he can talk them into big PPV cuts or Bonus' or some kind now, but its not huge Money, I think DREAM pay more money dont they, I know K-1 did and its the same company.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Overeem/Dream Situation Empty Re: Overeem/Dream Situation

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:
    There was talk at one time of having Overeem fight Andrei Arlovski, Ikuhisa Minowa or Tim Sylvia at DREAM.15, but those plans all fell through for different reasons.

so.....Overeem is shit scared of Minowaman???

i guess he has good reasons:

Overeem/Dream Situation 4g23xy
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 pm

by "Has some standup skills" they mean it in the way "Man that guy has got some standup skills!" Laughing

KO'd Soko in the feet didnt he cheers

He might well have sparked Overeem

Overeem/Dream Situation Overeem
    Overeem/Dream Situation DREAM11

on Minowa why arent Tim Sylvia and him fighting for the Superhulk title? Tim wouldnt need to get back into... well cant say into shape, he wouldnt have to make 265, im sure he would be up for that. Its his Chance to be the worlds best Superheavyweight.

after all, The World Superheavyweight Rankings currently look like this at the top

1. Minowaman
    2. Sylvia

Minowa vs Fat Sylvia. Anyone else wanna see it?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:11 pm