THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
redmeanie77
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
NonnyMus
George_Louis_Costanza@who
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Kongo to KO Mir...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Kongo to KO Mir... Empty Kongo to KO Mir...

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:28 am

And heres why...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing and look what happened there. I'm confident that I can strike with Cheick [Kongo] and make it competitive, my punches are a lot quicker than his, plus I know how to work angles better, trust me I know how to shut guys off. The thing is if I were to go out there and submit him in less than a minute It would prove nothing, a true martial artists would want to challenge himself and the challenge presented in front of me right now is to out-strike someone who on paper is the better striker.”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok I dont think Kongo is the striker UFC hype him up to be but he is still a very dangerous striker and a level above Mir in terms of Striking, Mir wasnt that keen to strike with Lesnar and now he wasnts to strike with Kongo. The win over a Sick Nog has got him withing he is Ernesto Hoost! I dont think he quite unerstands that Nog especially a sick Nog was slower than something fron night of the living dead!!!

SO Mir Goes in and Strikes with a Striker... seriously lads theres only one outcome here! Laughing Id love to see Kongo KO him. But I would worry despite a checkered record Kongo would be bumped up to a title shot because he still thinkgs UFC owe him one. But Id rather see Mir take the loss. Mir has been cocky as hell and disrespectfull... hell he was even more Disrespectfull to Brock than Brock was to him IMO. The only reason Brock got more Stick because he beat him up before he ran his mouth! Mir Just ran his mouth behind Brocks back.

I know Mir has great BJJ and could in all honestly trip Kongo and Sub him and maby he will if he gets Rocked but I think Mirs ego will get the better of him and he will get KO'd standing (Unless these comments are to throw Kongo off the fact he is going to take the fight down asap) all good well rounded fighers play to their opponents weaknesses but Mir has plans on doing the opposite.

Anyone else see a Kongo KO win if this happens?
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Kongo to KO Mir... Empty Re: Kongo to KO Mir...

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Personally i think Mir is bluffing.

He will stand with Kongo until he gets hurt or feels uncomfortable then get Kongo to the ground ASAP then sub him Mir has a huge advantage on the ground he knows this his trainers, his mom, his wife, dog and everyone else knows this.

If he isn't bluffing i don't fancy his chances on the feet.
    NonnyMus
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  NonnyMus Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm

I saw that too Ben. It also had Frank Mir saying he could beat Fedor.....he's obviously become delusional.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

I hope for his sake he is bullshitting. Don't get me wrong he isn't bad standing up, but he isn't going to KO Kongo is he? If he stays standing he is giving a Kongo his only chance to win, and thats a very big chance. He is probably gonna stand for a bit, get rocked, survive take it to the ground and slap on a kimura. Mir is a good fighter and he is dangerous on the feet but that win over Nog has gone right to his head, he is getting really cocky. He has little respect for any other HW out there, except Fedor but he still managed to call him fat. For some reason I like Mir because it does take a lot to comeback from a motorcycle accident and losses to guys like Vera, Cruz and that awful performance against Dan Christinson. But he kept at it and while he had some luck in defeating Lesner and Nog, he still did it. I hope he gets back on track by defeating Kongo and back in the mix.

"It also had Frank Mir saying he could beat Fedor.....he's obviously become delusional."

He has said that several times but he also said Fedor is the best HW in the world. There is nothing wrong with saying he can beat him IMO, as an MMA fighter you have to beleive you can beat the best. Can he beat Fedor? I don't think so but that doesn't matter.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 pm

If Kongo will let him take it to the ground when he is rocked! Mir doesnt have Cain style takedowns so if he is rocked to his boots I dont know how easily he can take Kongo down, Common sence says he tapps Kongo but if he risks standing he could get his lights turned out big time.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Kongo defo ko him if it stays standing but i still think he will get kongo down and sub him pretty early
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm

You guys actually believe he really means what he is saying??????

He is bluffing, no two ways about it. He will go to his strenghts and will take it to ground and submit Kongo.

In the build up to Nog fight the only way i saw him winning was in the stand up, Nog really isnt that good a striker, i thought Mir would have a better chance standing up than on the ground.

Im dissapointed that there really isnt much talk of Nog-Mir 2, i would have thought Nog would be banging on Dana and Joe Silva door begging for a rematch to avenge his embarasing loss...

Anyway Cain-Nog should be a good one Evil or Very Mad
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Why is it pretty well every heavyweight in the division has to get injured or sick, and the most irritating, egotistical one is fine. Oh the injustice!!!

Anyway, i'd rather see Mir with his hands tied around his back for this fight, I really want to see him get knocked out. Almost more that I want to see Bisping knocked out.

I can't imagine he'll actually do what he's saying, common sense dictates that if your your the weaker striker of the two, you DON'T STRIKE.

But then maybe Mir just lacks common sense.

Hell,if Mir knocks Kongo out we'll all look stupid! Rolling Eyes
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Yeah I agree Nogs striking isnt good, he looked good enough against randy who is a Lhw in his mid 40's!! But against anyone better he will look slow and bad again. Mir vs Nog 2 makes sence to me because there are a lot of MMA sites still ranking Mir higher. Id love to see a rematch but I dont know if it will happen.

Nog beats Cain and gets a shot.
    Nog looses to Cain and Mir probabally wants a higher ranked oppenent.

although if both loose we could see a rematch I suppose? I think JDS should go after Mir vs Kongo winner.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 am

Mir actually has excellent striking from the point of technique, speed and accuracy. As a technical striker he's probably one of the best HW's out there. But Kongo has so much more power. It's not even close.

If Kongo lands one on his chin i think it'll be over.
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  exiledinmanila Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 am

please please please kongo ko mir into retirement.Mir is the most egotistacal guy on the planet.i respect his ability but that guy loves himself way too much.If he does win,i hope he fucks off to strikeforce and gets raped by fedor.
    alex6674
    alex6674
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  alex6674 Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm

lol........agree with above!! cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:14 pm