THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Shanemc
hendos_right_hook
Jud_Danger
7 posters

WEC 44 RESULTS - ****SPOILERS****

Jud_Danger
    Jud_Danger
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

WEC 44 RESULTS - ****SPOILERS**** Empty WEC 44 RESULTS - ****SPOILERS****

Post  Jud_Danger Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 am

Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers

Fw Title: Mike Brown v Jose Aldo - ALDO WIN TKO RND 2
    Lw: Rob McCullough v Karen Darabedyan - DARABEDYAN WIN S.D
    Fw: Leonard Garcia v Manny Gamburyan - GAMBURYAN WIN U.D
    Lw: Danny Castillo v Shane Roller - ROLLER WIN REAR NAKED CHOKE RND 3
    Lw: Will Kerr v Kamal Shalorus - SHALORUS WIN TKO RND 1
    Fw: LC Davis v Diego Nunes - DAVIS WIN U.D
    Fw: Cub Swanson v John Franchi - SWANSON WIN GUILLOTINE RND 3
    Bw: Antonio Banuelos v Kenji Osawa - BANUELOS WIN U.D
    Lw: Ricardo Lamas v James Krause - LAMAS WIN U.D
    Bw: Frank Gomez v Seth Dikun - GOMEZ WIN U.D
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

WEC 44 RESULTS - ****SPOILERS**** Empty Re: WEC 44 RESULTS - ****SPOILERS****

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Just watched the Brown-Aldo, what a great all-round performance from Aldo, its the first time i've ever seen him fight, he's a machine!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 pm

aldo is the fatest striker i have ever seen in mma speed of his kicks and punches surprised he beat brown that easy and never got taken down and ended up taking brown down cant see the anyone beating aldo but i think faber has the best chance as he is the only one close to aldo's speed and explosiveness looking forward to seeing him again
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Fuck me Aldo is a mauler!!! I though he looked a lot more flashy that Brown but expected MTB to be able to bull his way on top of him and controll the fight! Aldo has some real skills, especially his ability to controll the distance, I noticed that before and he really showed it off here. His Jab and Kicks really set the range he is comfotable at.

His Muay Thai is beautifull to watch, Its real propper Muay thai and not just an MMA figher that trains Muay thai, the stance, the open rear hand to catch shots and the raised front leg... he really hammers in those kicks and knees. He is giving Torres a run for my favorite WEC figher. He is surely top 10 p4p now after a dominant win against MTB... I cant wait to see him fight Faber. Also Great TD defence!! Beating MTB down in a 1sided performance has really put him on the map. He has to be one of MMA most promising figehrs because he is so young and at 5"7 with decently broad shoulders could perhaps fill out and make 155 some day. Awsome Awsome performance...

Off to watch the rest of the event now!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Im glad i picked Aldo to win here, i knew he had what it takes to really take it to Brown. Unfortunatly for me it was about the only fight i picked right yesterday. pale

Roll on to 106 i say bounce
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

I've watched a few of Aldo fights in the WEC and he has looked devastating in them all,His last fight with Cub Swanson was an amazing finish.

I thought he would struggle against MTB though,you see it all the time in MMA,when a guy comes along KOing everyone early,but then they struggle when the take the step up in opponents.

He basicly destroyed MTB,he stuffed every takedown and seemed to hurt MTB with every strike he threw.Aldo is the real deal and after he destroys Faber,I hope we see him in the UFC mixing it up against your Frankie Edgars or your Tyson Griffins.

I think he has the power,a good frame to carry the extra wieght and he deffinately has the skills to become a force in the UFC LW division.

If you haven"t seen it before,this is a link to the Aldo vs Swanson fight

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Jose_Aldo_vs_Cub_Swanson_WEC_41?vid=10005256
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 pm

PayneNgloy1 That was an awsome KO, really got him attention, I saw a few of his earlier fights and he impressed but I suessed it was easy to look good against Lower level opponents, that KO of Swanson really made he take notice of him, Aldo is only 23, I can see him being the goldenboy if WEC, Id really rather they merged and he stayed at 145 but we could see him on main UFC cards. Some Big Americans who cut crazy weight would Dwarf him at 155 thinking about it. The Faber figth will be an epic! Assuming Faber doesnt loose!! and I hear Manny Gamburyan earned a shot at Aldo with that win! I liked Manny.. I always feel for the short guys! Laughing But he has been Ko'd before and Aldo will probabally take him within a round. Big UFC guys like Tyson Griffin might be another story, Griffin beat Faber. Though the fights at 155 are so much more interesting KFlo or Guida but a guy like Florian has 3" and 4" in reach against him.

redmeanie77 I know how you feel mate! I Fucked up UFC 105 picks badly! Laughing I keep changing my mind about Tito vs Forrest, I thought Forrest points, then Tito points then im thinking Forrest Chin + Roach undoubetly improving Titos hands maby we will se a Tito KO.. I dont have much faith in Forrest these days.

On another note thats another Brazilian on top of a weight class! Is MMA bigger than Boxing in Brazil?
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:36 pm

fucks sake. Brown is an animal and he got decimated by Aldo. Unless he has some serious cardio/chin issues i can see him being champ for a very very long time.

he seemed pretty big for 145 so maybe a move up in weight?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Tito-Forrest is a real coin toss, the first fight was so close could have gone either way, Forrest dominated stand up but Tito was able to outwrestle him and Gnp in first round.

Thinking about this fight there are so many unknowns,

How will Tito look after his long sabatical?

How will Forrest react to the humiliation he suffered at 101?

How will Forrest be mentally prepared to fight after his first ever losing streak?

I flipped a coin and got a Forrest win Cool Although would love to see the Huntington beach badboy comeback with a big win.

Forrst is out of top 10 if he loses i think, the 205 division is so competitive now
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah you are probably right,5'7 is a bit small compared to some of the big LW's,though Griffin is only about 5'6.Thinking about it a bit more there is still some very good fights for him at Featherweight like Faber,Assuncao,Manny and Wagney Fabiano.
    Hermes Franca is also a free agent since the UFC released him and he could easily make the 145 limit.

I would love to see any of those fights on a UFC card and if they do merge there are plenty of small LW fighters in the UFC that could make the drop in wieght.

Edgar
    Griffin
    Guida
    Fisher
    Danzig
    Pelligrino

I keep changing my mind on the Tito,Forrest fight also especially after watching the prefight build up.
    I've got Forrest down as a UD but my head is now telling me that an injury free Tito is going to pound Forrest out and make a statement that he is back and 100%.I keep seeing Tito in Rashads place from when he fought Forrest.

I just know if I change my prediction Forrest will get the UD though,so sod it I'm staying with my first feeling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:04 am