THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
Sly Uses
Anfields5thKing
sunthunder
8 posters

Other results from last night/today (spoilers)

sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Other results from last night/today (spoilers) Empty Other results from last night/today (spoilers)

Post  sunthunder Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:30 pm

W-1 New Ground Halifax:

Brett Rogers defeats Reuben Villareal by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    Roy Boughton defeats Murilo “Ninja” Rua via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
    Roger Hollett defeats Mychal Clark via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Sean Pierson defeats Ricky Goodall by TKO (GNP) in Round 1, 1:44
    Matt MacGrath defeats Ryan Machan via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
    Douglas Evans submits Tristan Johnson by Rear Naked Choke in Round 3, 1:55
    Musa Tolliver defeats Jason MacKay by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
    Nordine Taleb defeats Chad Cox by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
    Jeremy Hamilton submits Chris Johnson by Rear Naked Choke in Round 1, 2:56
    Jeremiah Bernard defeats Todd Henry via KO (head kick) in Round 1, 2:20
    Pat Schilling submits Tom Waters via Knee Bar in Round 1, 2:34
    Michael Imperato submits Jeff Black via Armbar in Round 1, 4:36

DEEP 50 Impact

Katsunori Kikuno vs. Nobuhiro Obiya - Kikuno def. Obiya via majority decision

Yuya Shirai vs. Shigetoshi Iwase - Shirai def. Iwase via unanimous decision
    Masakazu Imanari vs. DJ.taiki - Imanari def. DJ.taiki via majority decision
    Shinya Aoki vs. Yokthai Sithoar - Aoki def. Sithoar via submission RD 1

Sanae Kikuta vs. Lee Sak Kim - Kikuta def. Kim via TKO (corner stoppage) RD 1
    Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Chang Hee Kim - Minowa def Kim via submission RD 1
    Ryo Chonan vs. Jun Hee Moon - Chonan def. Moon via TKO RD 3

Takafumi Otsuka vs. Yoshiro Maeda - Maeda def. Otsuka via majority decision
    Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yoshiyuki Nakanishi - Nakanishi def. Shibata via TKO RD 1
    Shoji Maruyama vs. Jin Suk Jung - Muruyama def. Jung via TKO RD 1
    Hidetaka Monma vs. Yoshihisa Yamamoto - Monma def. Yamamoto via submission RD 1
    Ryuta Noji vs. Hiroshi Nagao - Noji def. Nagao via TKO RD 1
    Hiroshi Nakamura vs. Tatsumitsu Wada - Nakamura def. Wada via unanimous decision
    Isao Terada vs. Yusaku Nakamura - Nakamura def. Terada via KO RD 2
    Akira Shoji vs. Katsuaki Furuki (1 RD exhibition) - Shoji def. Furuki via majority decision

Another fight I didn't know was happening, apparently Paulo Filho lost in Brazil to undefeated prospect Marcos "Pezao" Rogerio.

http://www.tatame.com.br/2010/10/24/Pezao-supera-Paulao-e-mira-o-UFC
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Other results from last night/today (spoilers) Empty Re: Other results from last night/today (spoilers)

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Shocking stuff from Filho and Ninja
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Other results from last night/today (spoilers) Empty Re: Other results from last night/today (spoilers)

Post  Sly Uses Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm

wooow

29-28 for Rogers, oh dear
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:36 pm

apparently Kikuno vs Obiya was the best fight of the night!
    for the record the majority decision was 4 judges to 1 and it was a clear win for Kikuno.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:wooow

29-28 for Rogers, oh dear

What the hell happened to Rogers? Isn't Villareal the can the Bas came back and leg kicked to death a couple years ago? Surely he should be finishing a fight like that?
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Apparently Ninja's opponent came in to the weigh in 10lbs over the limit. Can't excuse Filho though, he wasn't even there against Kang so I'm not that shocked he lost.

Obiya is actually not some can, all his losses up until now had been to pretty decent fighters, it was the kind of fight Kikuno needed. He was rushed into that Alvarez fight way too fast and although I do think he lost to JZ I do think he was more competetive with him than Thompson was.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm still sticking to what I said originally about Rogers,he's way over rated.

Also I've never really rated Ninja,he has fought big names in his Pride days,so you could still give him credit in those loses,but even when he was fighting in Elite XC he never looked any good really,even when he beat Villasenor,I wasn't impressed.

and filho has undoubted talent,but he's a bigger waste of talent than Aleks IMO
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I feel quite bad for Ninja. I don't think he's really looked the same since Sergei nearly killed him. Not quite sure why middleweight didn't work out for him, always come up short of the best guys.

But don't forget this is a guy who really should have wins over Henderson and Rampage.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Yeah but your talking 6+ years ago,when the overaqll talent level was alot lower and it was easier for lesser fighters to stand out.

Obviously age plays a big part,but I can't help believing,that the sport has moved on along way since the early UFC and Pride days and only a handfull of the fighters from then,have been able to keep up with the overall progression of the game,while the majority of them have been left in the dust and are nothing but average in todays game.

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyone know when DEEP 50 is being shown on HDNet or FightNetwork? Quicker it is, the quicker I can get to downloading.

Also, MD for Kikuno was 4 judges to 1. PBP on Sherdog made it seem he had easily won the fight.

WAR MINOWAMAN! I thought he had been pulled from the card. Glad Ryo avenged his loss.

I think you watch Ninja's early fights, pre-Kharitonov you can see he is a better fighter than afterwards. Not a matter of adapting or not. He was never amazing, but putting on all that weight and then getting destroyed slowed him quite a lot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:Anyone know when DEEP 50 is being shown on HDNet or FightNetwork? Quicker it is, the quicker I can get to downloading.

Also, MD for Kikuno was 4 judges to 1. PBP on Sherdog made it seem he had easily won the fight.

WAR MINOWAMAN! I thought he had been pulled from the card. Glad Ryo avenged his loss.

I think you watch Ninja's early fights, pre-Kharitonov you can see he is a better fighter than afterwards. Not a matter of adapting or not. He was never amazing, but putting on all that weight and then getting destroyed slowed him quite a lot.

its wont be broadcast on HDnet...its unlikely there will even be highlights on Inside MMA since they have only shown north american highlights to my knowledge.
    apparently the costs were too high to film it in HD for DEEP....then of course without being filmed in HD it couldn't be picked up.
    it was only broadcast on SKYPerfectTV in Japan, nowhere else, but they are running otnnes of repeats so should be online eventually Smile
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:24 am

Other results from last night/today (spoilers) 20101025110016_1pez3

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- After 76 fights (only six defeats) as a kickboxer, Marcos Rogerio “Pezao” de Lima has reached a respectable level in mixed martial arts.

Lima posted his seventh win in as many appearances, as he defeated former World Extreme Cagefighting middleweight champion Paulo Filho by unanimous decision in the First Class Fight 5 main event on Saturday at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium. Backed by the support of nearly 2,000 local fans, Pezao neutralized Filho’s takedowns, imposed his stand-up game during much of the three five-minute rounds and earned the nod from the judges.

Filho took down his foe in the first round, but Pezao returned to his feet and attacked the Pride Fighting Championships veteran with a sequence of punches and kicks. Filho initiated the clinch and spent almost two minutes trying to take down the kickboxer.

In round two, Pezao again came out aggressive and tried to knock down Filho. The Brazilian Top Team representative was noticeably tired and had a difficult time hanging on to Lima, who struck him with strong low kicks and a hard sequence of punches. Filho took down Pezao late in the second round and appeared close to securing his dangerous Americana from the side position.

Other results from last night/today (spoilers) 20101025110305_1pez6
    Lima (top) vs. Filho

Filho survived further punishment in the third and again took down his unbeaten opponent. However, Lima reversed and closed with some ground-and pound.

“Paulo deserves all respect,” Lima said. “If I threw 100 blows, 70 hit him, and he kept attacking until the end.”

Pezao told Sherdog.com he wanted to speak with UFC President Dana White.

“Now, I hope to have the opportunity to fight outside, in the UFC if possible, and defend Brazil in the light heavyweight division,” he said.

Filho made no excuses in defeat and pointed to his financial situation as a reason why he took another match at 205 pounds.

“The need to pay bills has nothing to do with weight categories,” he said. “Pezao studied my game very well and deserved the victory.”

The event also solidified the Barbosa MMA Team as the strongest camp in Sao Paulo. Besides Pezao, the team also enjoyed impressive wins from Flavio Alvaro and Murilo Santana.

Santana, a former Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion, made his MMA debut in style, as he submitted the more experienced Jorge Luis Bezerra with an arm-triangle choke 68 seconds into the second round. Meanwhile, his training partner, Alvaro, stopped Samuel Quito on knees 3:57 into round one.

In the co main event, Fabio Nascimento returned to his homeland and submitted Rodrigo Ribeiro with an arm-triangle choke 4:12 into the first round.

Other Bouts
    Daniel Sarafian def. Maurício Alonso -- Unanimous Decision
    Marcio Costa def. Matheus Serafim -- TKO (Retirement) 5:00 R1
    Alexandre Bezerra def. Luis de Agostinho -- Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 2:26 R1
    Udi Lima def. Paulo Snups -- KO (Flying Knee) 4:58 R1
    Caio Glauco def. Rafael Muniz -- TKO (Retirement) 5:00 R1
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:25 am

He's an interesting prospect this guy. Has some big KO power.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Any Videos up yet of these fights? Gutted to head Ninja lost, Thats him done really at any sort of top level even SF maby Bellator will take him.

Filho is just puzzling, maby he is past his sell by date early too. Wasnt the Kang who Drew with him in his previous fight? Think it was without checking... I dont know, he looks very slow recently dont I dont have much faith him

Rogers fucked up big time, apparently he totally gassed, fight Matrix have actually dropped him in the rankings after the performance. I stick him in with SDR who I think might beat him or Lavar who is just another big slugger.

Loving Chonan, Aoki and Minowaman kicking ass!! cheers cheers

Anyone think Kikuno could make Fw, I know Asians hate weight cutting but he was a bit smaller than Eddie Alvares I think wasnt he? I think he would kick some ass at that weight, Maby fight Hellboy?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:50 pm