THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166 Empty Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 pm

DC will smother him. I dont think Nelson has a good bottom game as far as BJJ goes and I dont think he will find it easy getting off his back in his shape. Id back Nelson in the standup, they can both throw the big swingers but Nelson has more KO power and a proven chin. Nelsons best hope is Cormier has dropped a good bit of weight, maby a lighter DC will have more of a hard time pushing 265lbs Nelson around? Probabally not id say! Laughing 

Roy straight into the cage then on to the floor where DC will mercylessly bounce his head off the canvis. Think DC can stop him even if it is unanswered strikes, he will be able to conrol Roy from the top and I dont see any other outcome.

Hoping for a Nelson win all the same. Im not a Cormier fan and I think he needs to move to 205 or take more legit Hw fights, Nelson is a step backwards in the devision.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166 Empty Re: Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166

Post  Mryzyz Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:07 pm

I don't understand why the UFC would make this fight.

It makes no sense.

I thought Cormier was a top 5 ranked undefeated heavyweight who is working towards dropping down to 205lbs. But instead he is fighting a 265lb fatty who just got battered by Stepe Miocic and has no right being in the cage with him?

What happened to to the rumoured Hunt v Nelson fight? That I actually want to see.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166 Empty Re: Nelson signs with UFC again fights DC at UFC 166

Post  kavik2 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I think Hunt has a really nasty Staph infection - I agree though Nelson vs Cormier doesnt make much sense. Not many options tho with JDS fighting Cain again and Overeem fighting Travis Browne. Miocic or Barnett who DC has just beat anyway.

If JDs beats Cain will DC still move down to Light Heavy - I am not convinced that DC can make the cut at 34 and not be a shadow of his former self anyway
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Yep Hunt will be out a while longer but im with you guys on this fight making no sense. Cormier is 3rd ranked at heavy in my books, Beat Mir, Barnett and Bigfoot. He is above Werdum at 4th I say.

So if he is dropping weight why not a catchweight against a big Lhw willing to step up for a Kimboweight fight at 215 or something. 220 to give him a bit of wiggle room. Jimmo or T.Silva are top 20 and that sort of walkaround weight or bigger.

Werdum is the only fight to make a Hw but they need him as a contender and it could derail one of the only threats to the Hw title and then Cormier moves to 205 if he wins anyway.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm

................Nelson has a small punchers chance at best.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 pm