THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
sunthunder
Anfields5thKing
Toquinho
The_Axe_Emperor
Ronwah
redmeanie77
the_king
Moose Stuff For Money...
12 posters

Lesnar v Nelson?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Lesnar v Nelson? Empty Lesnar v Nelson?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Lesnar v Nelson? Nelson

I could tell you this for pretty much 100 percent certainty Brock Lesnar wants that fight. I mean, he has asked for that fight and I would presume at some point that fight is probably going to happen. I think the idea...Dana -- as of a couple of days ago at least -- had not talked to Lesnar yet, but he was planning on doing it. I think the first fight they're probably going to offer [Brock] is a third fight with Frank Mir.
    Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Lesnar v Nelson? Empty Re: Lesnar v Nelson?

Post  the_king Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 pm

i have this feeling lesnar will get bored of mma, he comes accross as someone who wants to be number 1 and if he isnt wont be interested.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Damn i wanted to see Mir-Brock 3.
    Ronwah
    Ronwah
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Ronwah Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Give Herring a rematch I say.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:45 pm

I'd back Sylvia to beat Nog and Mir and probably back him to beat Brock too. If he could stuff the initial takedown which isn't all that difficult, i think it'd go similar to Sylvia- Pudz.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:I'd back Sylvia to beat Nog and Mir and probably back him to beat Brock too. If he could stuff the initial takedown which isn't all that difficult, i think it'd go similar to Sylvia- Pudz.

Brock isn't going to turn purple after a few minutes though lol. I'd back Brock to beat Sylvia. Sylvia doesn't have the tools that Cain has
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Timmeh does hit pretty hard though and we all know how Brock feels about getting punched in the face.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm

I've always thought Sylvia still has some relevance at heavyweight. I'm quite surprised a lot of people held the Mercer fight against him to the extent they did. The vast vast majority of heavyweights would be KTFO by Mercer if they came in 40lbs overweight and threw a lazy low kick.

But to Sylvia's credit, in the context of MMA he can actually use his reach well, which a lot of taller fighters never really get the hang of. Plus when taken down he actually ties people up well. I think he'd beat Carwin actually. Not sure about Lesnar, don't know if Sylvia has the mobility to keep up the sort of onslaught Cain was able to, but Lesnar's takedowns aren't unstoppable and Sylvia hits hard.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:Timmeh does hit pretty hard though and we all know how Brock feels about getting punched in the face.

Exactly. And also as Sunthunder has said he is a tall fighter who knows how to fight tall.

Would he have a reach advantage against Brock though, i know Brocks reach is something like 81"?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 pm

i hope brock is training in standup. i have a feeling though if lesner does train stand up he wont use it and just try and get the takedown.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Brock may have a similar reach to Tim, but what people often fail to factor in when talking about reach is that Brocks head is leel with Tim's shoulders, so he can use the full extent of his reach...
    whereas Brock has to reach up an entire foot to reach Tim's chin.

but it would not even be a real contest in striking so its pointless talking about it anyways
    Lesnar v Nelson? Brock_Lesnar_Tim_Sylvia
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I think either guy could take this one , so its a good matchup
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Nelson sould be an easy win for Lesnar, Physically he has nothing to stop Lesnar putting him on his back and is giving up a colossal reach advantage as well as power, speed etc..

Ive always said I think Nelson is a solid mid ranked heavy, he is about on Monsons level. Good but will never be a worldbeater. Perhaps now he is going to replace Gonzaga as UFC's gatekeeper.

Dont like that Brock is going after such a big underdog but fair enough maby he want to build himself back up a bit slower because clearly he need to work on some things.

I say fight Nelson and if he wins fight Nog.
    ----------

As far as Sylvia goes Sylvia is listed as an 80" reach and Lesnar is 81" though with half a foot in height Tim would beat him to the punch... I dont give Sylvia much of a chance though, honestly if Couture can do it Lesnar will be able to do it, Tim hasnt improved or evolved since then if anything he has gotten older and fatter.... Brock to GnP him unless he walks into a Knee to the head! and craps his pants that is! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:16 pm

I just wonder, Nelson hits harder than Cain. If he connects with that big right, Brock could crumble.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:I just wonder, Nelson hits harder than Cain. If he connects with that big right, Brock could crumble.

Would have to go very similarly to the Schaub fight for Roy to win. If it doesn't Lesnar will be able to put Nelson on the ground and keep him there, he is definately no Cain Velasqquez.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:17 am

I wonder what Nelson is like off his back. He's probably not the most flexible or explosive with that gut in the way.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:I wonder what Nelson is like off his back. He's probably not the most flexible or explosive with that gut in the way.

if lesnar stuffs a takedown and nelson ends up on top he will be hard to shift.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Nelson is only 265lbs, Brock has thrown 450lbs Wrestlers about like ragdolls, I dont see Nelson being hard to shift from top position at all.

Nelson is just about the weakest Hw, there isnt many less Physical and if you have grappled with someone much stronger than you you will know even how hard it can be to execute things like a Kimura if you can move their arm etc..

Nelson's shot at winning this is on the feet I reckon and I honestly see Brock winning it there Nelson isnt exactly Cain Valesques on the feet apart from the Schaub fight he has never impressed me standing.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

i couldnt imagine what would happen if lesnar lost the fight, i mean where would he go from there?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Nelson is only 265lbs, Brock has thrown 450lbs Wrestlers about like ragdolls, I dont see Nelson being hard to shift from top position at all.

Nelson is just about the weakest Hw, there isnt many less Physical and if you have grappled with someone much stronger than you you will know even how hard it can be to execute things like a Kimura if you can move their arm etc..

Nelson's shot at winning this is on the feet I reckon and I honestly see Brock winning it there Nelson isnt exactly Cain Valesques on the feet apart from the Schaub fight he has never impressed me standing.

The only 450lb wrestler was the big show, who is a great worker and helps everyone trying to lift him by jumping into each move and making it more about momentum than strength.

If Nelson gets that belly on top of Lesnar, it's over.

You're ridiculously anti-Nelson! He has great hands!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:39 pm