THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

GSP going to 2012 Olympics?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

GSP going to 2012 Olympics? Empty GSP going to 2012 Olympics?

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/gsp%20at%20the%20olympivs.html

What do people think will he go? UFC were going to let Fedor compete in Sambo and they let fighers compete in Grappling tournaments... I dont see why not. It would bring a lot of publicity to MMA if he did well!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

GSP going to 2012 Olympics? Empty Re: GSP going to 2012 Olympics?

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:22 pm

I think he's getting too much of a big head. He's got great takedowns and is good at controlling people that can't fight well off their backs but he's not the best allround wrestler in the UFC WW division never mind being good enough to wrestle in the Olympics.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Not sure about this, it takes a lot of effort and he will have to srop MMA for a while. id love to see it though, Us Canadians do need a gold medal or two!

but he's not the best allround wrestler in the UFC WW division never mind being good enough to wrestle in the Olympics.

He is the best wrestler in the WW division, only one who comes close is Kos and GSP easily outwrestled him. Kos is arguably better at control but GSP is on a whole new level when it comes to takedowns. GSP's is better at takedowns than Kos is at control.

If you talk about guys like Hendo, Randleman, Lesner, Sonnen or even Kurt Angle I can understand but GSP is the best wrestler in the WW division and best at takedowns.PERIOD.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 pm

I think he is a great wrestler and if he decides to go to olympics, i will be supporting him 100%. It would be great for MMA if he did well. Although i dont know how well he would do to be honest.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Not sure about this, it takes a lot of effort and he will have to srop MMA for a while. id love to see it though, Us Canadians do need a gold medal or two!

but he's not the best allround wrestler in the UFC WW division never mind being good enough to wrestle in the Olympics.

He is the best wrestler in the WW division, only one who comes close is Kos and GSP easily outwrestled him. Kos is arguably better at control but GSP is on a whole new level when it comes to takedowns. GSP's is better at takedowns than Kos is at control.

If you talk about guys like Hendo, Randleman, Lesner, Sonnen or even Kurt Angle I can understand but GSP is the best wrestler in the WW division and best at takedowns.PERIOD.

He's got the best takedowns but he's not the best overall wrestler in the WW division. Koscheck is on another level in terms of allround grappling. He took St.Pierre too lightly from a wrestling point of view and GSP's advantage in striking is what allowed him to dominate the wrestling. Fitch is a better allround wrestler as well. GSP has beaten them both in MMA but in a straight wrestling match, the other two would beat him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Not sure about this, it takes a lot of effort and he will have to srop MMA for a while. id love to see it though, Us Canadians do need a gold medal or two!

suddenly it has all become clear, the continuous GSP worship from quinsfan has been explained! cheers

on topic, i would simply put, rather see him spend his time on MMA.
    but i really have no idea if he is good enough.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:08 am

I missed that! We have a Canuck among us! Haha!

Best try and make him fit in!

So....................how bout that Ice Hockey..???
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:I missed that! We have a Canuck among us! Haha!

Best try and make him fit in!

So....................how bout that Ice Hockey..???

Laughing Eh!

I think GSP would beat Kos or Fitch in a Wrestling match, Ive No Idea about Olympic wrestling, what are the weight classes?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 am

Haha, easy guys im only half!

Thing is, its hard to judge how well he would do in a wrestling match considering he never wrestled before. His takedowns are what makes him so good and that means he could beat Kos and Fitch in a wrestling match as well. Either way, I don't how good of an idea it would be, it depends on how many challengers he has at the time.

Actually Kos is a very accomplished college wrestler, more so than Lesner so he could beat GSP. Kos however is a top wrestler and is technichally excellent. Lesner is not the same, I like him and I think he is excellent takedowns as well (possibly second after GSP) but he was never the most technichal, I think his size helped him a lot.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:29 pm

I just hate Kos... Before the GSP fight he talked about how White people werent athletic etc, Nice one Kos came across Racist just before getting beat down by a White Guy in GSP who happened to be much more athletic! Laughing

Kos is an Arsehole who thinks his standup is great, I loved seeing him come forward throwing an overhand as a lead and getting KO'd for using such a sloppy technique.

Wrestling wise Credit were credit is due I suppose he is very very good, I didnt know he was more acomplished than Lesnar! But I think GSP beats him in a Wrestling match based on being quicked stronger and having the better TD's.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Kos is your typical dick. A good fighter but his level of arrogance outstands me, the way he boasted about having never watched a video of Paulo Thaigo (before getting KTFO) pissed the hell out of me.

Kos isn't the first black guy to talk about how white people aren't athletic, Pretty boy did the same I beleive. In general, Black guys are probably more athletic than white guys but that doesn't mean white guys can't be good athletes either. In MMA, just look at GSP, Hendo, Lesner, Bader ect.

Kos is pretty atheltic but I think guys like GSP, Rumble and possibly Fitch are better atheltes.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

dont want to get racial here, but Kos isnt even a proper black.

how many black guys do you know with blue eyes and curly (not afro, curly) hair?

GSP going to 2012 Olympics? JoshKoscheck
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Kos is half white... but then again the average African American has 20% European (white)DNA apparenty. So its never a clear cut thing. I dont think he should have run his mouth like that because it makes you instantly unpopular with whoever you insult.

Hopkins said a White boy would never beat him and I know Mayweather said similar things, Im boxing its perhaps more evident that "Balck" people are more athletic, They have more fatch twitch Fiber in their muscles making them more explosive... Then again White people set all the records for weight lifiting and tend to make better Wrestlers, Id agrue that White people are the strongest especially at heavier weights.

Its a touchy subject I suppose, talking about differences between races offends some people, some like to say its cultural.. your diet, surroundings etc... but I sure Ginginho can vouch for that being untrue growing up rounds Islanders! There are differneces Physically between races but there hasnt been any propper studies into it since the Nazis!!!

It interests me but It does wind me up that people like Kos, Mayweather, Hopkins can so openly say things like this but if Fedor or Vitali turned round and said White people are the stongers he would be villianised...

Anyway Kos is a prick who is going to get KO'd by Rumble Johnson if he things he can stnad throwing those sloppy overhands!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 pm

ill be pulling for Koscheck, i dont like him that much, nor do i have any dislike for him.

but i despise Rumble.
    Evil or Very Mad

pick on someone your own size man!

like Shogun or someone. Not Yoshida.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Ye, he isn't really black, he is definitley mixed. Maybe one of his parents are white or something.

"It interests me but It does wind me up that people like Kos, Mayweather, Hopkins can so openly say things like this but if Fedor or Vitali turned round and said White people are the stongers he would be villianised..."

Unfortunatley thats true. Mayweather said something about how MMA only became popular because white guys suck at boxing now, which is completely stupid when you look at someone like Vitali among other reasons. As for Hopkins, he said something like he wouldn't lose to "white" Calzaghe. Stupid to say, don't know if its racist more than stereotyping races but still stupid and politically incorect to say. As Ben said, if a white fighter like Fedor, Vitalli, GSP or Lesner said it, they would have to pay with all hell. Not sure how that works but thats just the way it is.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Ah well Hopkins got beat for saying it so did Kos... 2 out of 3 aint bad! Mayweather will be harder to shut up! Laughing

I dont like Kos and Rumble is one of my favorite Welters, Id actually love to see Rumble vs Thiago Alves... I think that could be one of the most entertaining fights at Ww.

If Hardy wins tonight will he really get a shot at GSP?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 am