THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+8
kavik2
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
sunthunder
Sheldan
p4pnumber_1
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
12 posters

Lombard is coming to UFC

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lombard is coming to UFC - Page 2 Empty Re: Lombard is coming to UFC

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Shame they've already booked Munoz to fight Weidman, Munoz-Lombard would have been good.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 pm

If it wasn't for the suspension,Leban would be a good 1st match up for Lombard.

I think Belcher - Lombard would be a really fun fight,Luiz cane has dropped to MW,so he could be an option,and even though he's on a bad run in the UFC of lately,Kyle Noke and Lombard did fight to a draw before,so there's unfinished business there.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:40 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:He has one fight left on his bellator contract doesn't he?

I'm really hoping that Eddie and Lombard both come over,but I have a feeling that Bellator might go all out and offer Eddie a long,fat contract he'd find hard to refuse to keep him as their poster boy.

I just hope his ambition to see if he can be the best in the world out weighs what bellator can offer him,which I'm sure could be very hard to refuse.

I don't know the Bellator numbers,but I'm sure when Eddies on one of there cards,they have their biggest numbers.

I think Bellator needs Eddie in next seasons tourney,so they can hopefully set up the Chandler rematch.
    Even if Hawn beats Chandler(Hawn beats Weedman)they can set up a eddie - Chandler fight for the final.

I'd personally love to see Lombard vs Moussasi and Eddie vs Melendez debuting on a UFC card.

What do I know

Bellator 66 ratings: Viewership plunges to just 109,000 MTV2 viewers.

Despite what was arguably Bellator's biggest fight and biggest show of its sixth season, this past weekend's Bellator 66 event saw a ratings plunge.

The April 20 broadcast averaged just 109,000 MTV2 viewers, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie,com) today confirmed with industry sources. That's down 33 percent from the 163,000 viewers who tuned in for Bellator 65 a week prior.

It's also the third-worst figure in Bellator and MTV2's 32-event history.

Bellator 66 took place at Cleveland's I-X Center. In addition to MTV2, many websites, including MMAjunkie.com, also carried the prelims and main-card fights, which could have put a dent in the ratings figure.

Still, it's bad news for Bellator, which boasted a big headliner and rematch between Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki at Bellator 65. The event, which saw Alvarez earn a first-round victory, also featured four tournament-semifinal fights in the middleweight and welterweight divisions, as well as a loaded preliminary card. Middleweight-tourney finalists Andreas Spang and Maiquel Falcao had a brief post-fight scuffle at the event, though even that dustup didn't help ratings.

Bellator 66 narrowly edged out Bellator 61, which drew 108,000 viewers earlier this season, and Bellator 53, which drew an all-time-low 103,000 viewers this past year during the fifth season.

The all-time Bellator-MTV2 ratings include:

Bellator 66 ratings: 109,000 viewers
    Bellator 65 ratings: 163,000
    Bellator 64 ratings: 175,000
    Bellator 63 ratings: 140,000
    Bellator 62 ratings: 175,000
    Bellator 61 ratings: 108,000
    Bellator 60 ratings: 169,000
    Bellator 49-59 ratings (season five average): 186,000
    Bellator 46-48 ratings (Summer Series average): 229,000
    Bellator 35-45 ratings (season four average): 204,000

Sponsored content