THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+15
Bulldog67
redmeanie77
efils_god
SirSquatAlot
manschesthair_utd
2brutal
Sheldan
The_Axe_Emperor
pinsman
Cowboys From Hell
Mryzyz
payneNglory1
p4pnumber_1
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
19 posters

VIDEOS AND PICTURES

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

VIDEOS AND PICTURES - Page 4 Empty Re: VIDEOS AND PICTURES

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:23 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:34 pm

from the same card

James Krause vs. Mark Korzenowski

Ely vs Antuna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cXmnuK5CXYo#!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Watching Bob fight over the last few years really makes you wonder if his fights against Hoost and Nog were actually works or not.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Sapp beating Hoost twice is like no upset any combat sport has ever seen!! Laughing

I've still no idea how it happened, he has lost more K-1 fights than he has won and his MMA career isn't far off. Considering how many guys who weren't heavyweights as well you gotta laugh. His last K-1 fight was against some fat judoka who made butterbean look in shape.. I'll try n find the video!

It's time for him to fight butterbean in a retirement fight I think... Or maby Frye might fancy a crack at someone he doesn't need to be in shape for!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

the production values of these videos are remarkable...(dont forget to enable subtitles)

SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:46 pm

If this doesn't give you a giggle there's something up with your funny bones!

Spinning back kicks are great!

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 am

fixed it for you with mod power^^^
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 am

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 am

SirSquatAlot wrote:If this doesn't give you a giggle there's something up with your funny bones!

TKD meets Irish dancing!
    SirSquatAlot
    SirSquatAlot
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  SirSquatAlot Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    SirSquatAlot wrote:If this doesn't give you a giggle there's something up with your funny bones!

TKD meets Irish dancing!

They look like fighting Lego Men! Thanks for fixing Manchesthair!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

VIDEOS AND PICTURES - Page 4 Korean-zombie-wallpaper_large
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone staredown from the press conference.

Bulldog67
    Bulldog67
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Bulldog67 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 pm

I usually like the Diaz dissing but im findin it harder to get on board this time
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Dana white shit his pants when Diaz knocked his hat off
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 pm

This is pretty cool,it's a video of MMA Fighting's photographer Esther Lin, talking and showing off her favourite MMA photos of 2011.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/best-mma-photos-in-2011/1365595624001
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:56 pm

I watched this the other week,but forgot to find it to post for you.
    Just remembered and found it on Cagepotato Very Happy

The UFC Champions round table that was aired on Fuel TV
    Hosted by Jay Glazier with Chuck,Jon Jones,Frank Mir and Forrest.

http://www.cagepotato.com/check-out-fuel-tvs-first-original-series-ufc-champions-roundtable/
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Good vid payne... Mir gets destroyed throughout ha ha!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 pm

ESPN have produced a 9 minute video of their interview with Lorenzo Fertitta in which they criticise the UFC heavily for the way they pay their fighters. Dana White says he expected them to show the UFC in this light, so UFC have responded with two videos, one video from Dana White explaining the situation, and one of their uncut 47 minute ESPN interview with Lorenzo that they recoreded themselves, very interesting to watch.

pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Saw this earlier didn't really know what to make of it... They have used high profile fighters to say how great the payments are which isn't very fair...

I dought the lower ladder guys are earning to be a full pro so I wouldn't say the money's that great... The
    Org is making a hell of alot of money out of these fighters and for me they don't earn enough!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Just finished watching them on the UG.

I thought lorenza did himself and his company proud,handled himself like a good boss,was never flustered by anything and kept controll of the whole conversation.He has actually turned this around,and now ESPN after doing an attack story,have come out looking like the pricks.

not that he needed to add much more,but I am surprised that he didn't also mention anything about the medical insurance that all of his fighters also get on top of their pay.

I have to admit,nearly everytime I hear Lorenzo speak on topics,the guy impresses me.

I think it was very smart for dana to refuse to do the interview[or do as lorenzo told him]and for Lorenzo to do it,he is the Brains and the head of this and it's good to see him heading and speaking up for ZUFFA.

I'd be happy seeing alot more of Lorenzo having a bigger public role,when it comes to defending or explaining his company.

let Dana market and hype the fights and let Lorenzo answer the questions a boss should be answering.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 am

Sean McCorkle posted his view on fighter pay

I keep hearing so many things back and forth on the issue I thought I'd give the UG the real story on UFC pay. At least as it pertains to me.

During my 3 fight stint with the UFC the paid me exactly 150% what they were contractually obligated to pay me. That is without a KO/Sub/Fight of the night bonus of any kind. That is even though I lost 2 of my 3 fights.

I got a discretionary bonus after all 3 of my fights, even an amount equal to my what would have been my win bonus after my embarrassing performance against Stephan Struve. I was told that was given to me based strictly on the effort I put in to promoting the fight, and not because of how I performed.

I am currently unaware of any pro sports franchise that pays any player more money than they are obligated to do so.

Sponsorship wise during those 3 fights I made an average each fight of about 75% of what I was contracted to be paid by the UFC. So if my purse for fighting was $10,000 I made approximately $7,500 in sponsors on average.

Take an average fighter's reported pay for a televised fight, and double it, and you'll have a rough number of the amount he made on that fight. So if a guy is reported at $12,000 to show, and $12,000 to win, chances are he'll make around $50,000 by the time it's all said and done for that fight.

As far as the main event fighters and big stars like Brock, GSP, Anderson Silva, who share in the PPV revenue, the reported numbers are not even in the ballpark. GSP might be reported to make $250,000 when he in fact made $3-$4 million.

To give you some more perspective on how fighting in the UFC compares to other organizations, this is how my career pay breaks down ranked dollar wise.

1. Stefan Struve
    2. Mark Hunt
    3. My other 12 non UFC fights all combined
    4. Christian Morecraft

So I made more in each of 2 of my 3 UFC fights than I did in all of my 12 non UFC fights combined. I made barely less against Christian Morecraft than I did in the other 12 combined.

I've owned my own business in the past and had over 130 employees at one point, so I've been on both sides of the coin. This is how I see it. The Fertittas risked millions of dollars of their own money on a sport that nobody would touch, and have turned it into a billion dollar business. Those who take the risk, deserve the reward no matter how astronomical it may become.

As an employee, you are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you. If guys are unhappy in the UFC and someone is offering them more money, then by all means they should jump all over the opportunity. Affliction paid Tim Sylvia $800,000 to fight Fedor, when his contract at the time with the UFC was around $100k to show, and $100k to win. Who could blame him for taking the Affliction offer? I know that's what I would have done. Andrei Arlovski got $600,000 to fight Ben Rothwell so he left the UFC when he also was making approximately $100k/$100k.

Now I realize I'm going to get hit with "you're just kissing the UFC's ass because you want back in", and that's fine. Because if I said negative things about them, it'd be "you're just mad that they cut you, so you're trying to settle the score." I lose either way, so I might as well be honest.

After I was released from the UFC they have since began providing health insurance for their contracted fighters for injuries incurred during training, as well as twitter bonuses, so the money just keeps getting better.

On the issue of a fighter union, I've never really seen that as a positive thing. Unions are, it seems, always corrupt and normally, like everything else in life, are set up and ran for the benefit of a very few. Unions might mean higher fighter pay, but that in turn will result in higher PPV, merchandise, and ticket prices for the fans. Unions also mean the possibility of work stoppages, which are disastrous for any sport.

Part of the solution to the entire issue would be fighters fighting more often. I realize that time is needed between fights for a lot of the headlining guys in order to market and promote the fight, but under card and lower level guys could fight 5-6 times a year easily barring major injury. The beatings you take in the gym on a weekly basis are often times as bad or worse than what you endure during a fight. NFL players play once a week every week for 4-6 months straight. NBA players play 3x a week for 6 months straight.

As the sport continues to grow, the fighter pay will as well. Until the UFC has a complete monopoly on the industry and there literally is no other option, like the NFL has on football, then the discussion of fighter pay is irrelevant. If guys are worth more than they are being paid, then they should go out and get it. I always told that to my employees, and I never begrudged even one of them for taking a better job somewhere else. That's life.

THE END BITCHES
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 am

mccorkle is a bitch
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 am

Angling for a recall....?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:42 pm

"Dear Dana, Lorenzo, Frank and Joe.

I am a good company man and understand the importance of saying YES!

I am available for any and all vacancies within your organization. Be it as a fighter with the UFC or Strikeforce, as Lorenzo's pool cleaner, as Frank's gardener, as a portable booster step for Joe Silva for when he can't quite see over a podium or manage the steps into the octagon, or even if you need someone to buff Dana's head and fluff his other head, you know I'm your man. Please consider me. Please please please.

Your good buddy,

Sean"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm