THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Forrest to retire in a couple of fights?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Forrest to retire in a couple of fights? Empty Forrest to retire in a couple of fights?

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:30 pm

On a Tito Rubbermatch.

"If people will pay to see that fight, then I'll get paid to fight that fight. I care more about where I fight, if that fight happens in the United States, the continental United States, I'm down. I don't travel well. For me, now I'm realizing that I don't have much left, you know, this is the end of the road for me. I want a couple more fight fights, you know, good ones. That's all I really want. I think it would (be a good fight) but do people want to see it, you know? (I want) fights where I don't get knocked out in the first round, fights where I get hurt and bleed a little and get like a little rally, something of the nature."
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Forrest to retire in a couple of fights? Empty Re: Forrest to retire in a couple of fights?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Not too surprised TBH frankly for such a big name he is never going to be contender again and he certainly isn't going to reinvent himself in another weight class really apart from a Tito rematch and maybe a Rampage fight what else is their apart from low ranked contenders.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Forrest to retire in a couple of fights? Empty Re: Forrest to retire in a couple of fights?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Yeah I expect him to retire soon. I give Forrest massive respect for what he has done in the sport and arguable being the biggest over achiever in the sport but he has looked out of his depth recently. At this stage has has accomplished all he needs to and there is nothing more for him besides a couple more old fashioned brawl. It should go Ortiz 3, Rampage 2, Bonnar 3 and then retirement.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Bonnar might well beat him now, Id back him if they fought now but I cant see a 3rd fight since he is 2-0

Id love a Rampage rematch because Rampage has seriously gone downhill as a fighter, Wolfslair has absolutly ruined him. This is actually a winable fight for him.

Tito vs Forrest III for both their retirement fights sounds good. Maby Forrest as an Ex UFC champ could be used to establish lesser known stars, like the SF guys coming over? Gustaffson or some up and comer might get a go at him.

When someone under performing and near retiring, feeding them to and up and comer to give them a win over an ex champ seems an Idea.
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 pm

To be quite honest i always thought he was crap

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 pm