THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
elmatadorafa
payneNglory1
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
8 posters

Aoki to retire?

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Aoki to retire? Empty Aoki to retire?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Sources close to Shinya Aoki have indicated that the DREAM lightweight champion was contemplating retirement following his humiliating knockout loss to Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima at Dynamite!!

Aoki has clearly been troubled following the loss, going so far as to delete his @waoki Twitter account (although it appears that Aoki has started a new private account under the alias @jyotaronawo) after being harassed by Nagashima fans and has privately expressed an interest in quitting MMA to focus on his teaching duties at the Deep official gym.

Despite Aoki's apparent depression, if I were a betting man, I'd wager that we would see a return of the Baka Survivor in 2011. FEG are currently undergoing restructuring and planning and we should know more about the future of the promoter and lightweight ace by the end of January.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/16/nippon-weekly-aoki-thinking-of-calling-it-quits-sakurabas-ear/
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Aoki to retire? Empty Re: Aoki to retire?

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm

i really hope he doesnt retire, IMO the lightweight division, and MMA needs someone like Aoki Smile
    would be a horrible way to go out aswell, and he is young! only 27
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:39 pm

I would be a loss for the LW division and Japanese MMA if Aoki calls it a day,I personally hope he doesn't call it a day.

I don't necessarily like the guy that much or even think he is as good a fighter as most rankings or people think he is(just personal opinion that I've always stuck too),but he's a character and what he is good at,he is near enough in a league of his own.

He has all the talent in the world,well on the ground anyway but he doesn't seem to have the right attitude or mental strength to match it.

He's an exceptional talent,who is great to watch and is capable of beating any fighter on his day if he can get the fight where he wants it,but his big problem is,that he is so one dimensional,that his chin and striking game doesn't come close to matching up to the rest of his game,which is why I've always said he would struggle if he ever signed up to the UFC and fought top competition back to back,don't get me wrong,I think he'd still be able to pull some good wins off,but I honestly think,in the UFC,his wins would be broke up with a few losses in between and I think some of those loses wouldn't necessarily be against the very top UFC LW's.

I always wanted him to move over to the states and fight,but to be honest that was more for my benefit as I wanted to see him lose there,mainly because of all my JMMA v Western MMA arguments Very Happy
    I just wanted to be proven correct Twisted Evil

but Melendez proved that to me in a 25 minutes one sided beatdown Razz
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:30 pm

The guy is the biggest drama queen in all of MMA. I would not take anything he says seriously.

I would not have been suprised to hear he wanted to top himself after he lost at dynamite.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 am

elmatadorafa wrote:The guy is the biggest drama queen in all of MMA. I would not take anything he says seriously.

I would not have been suprised to hear he wanted to top himself after he lost at dynamite.

i agree he has just trown his toys out of the pram.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Fuck him if he does, Chinless wonder, shite standup, 0 heart, Bullyboy...

Guy breaks arms and flips the guy off but when he looses he gurns like a bitch...

But the best moment for me is him getting sparked by a K-1 fighter who isnt top 100 ranked in MMA within seconds of an MMA round!!! after pulling some of the most un-sportsmanly shit ive seen in the 1st.

Most dislikeable man in MMA. Ive a tonne of respect for his Grappling skills but I dont know if the skinny geek would cut it in higher echelons of US MMA.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Fuck him if he does, Chinless wonder, shite standup, 0 heart, Bullyboy...

Guy breaks arms and flips the guy off but when he looses he gurns like a bitch...

But the best moment for me is him getting sparked by a K-1 fighter who isnt top 100 ranked in MMA within seconds of an MMA round!!! after pulling some of the most un-sportsmanly shit ive seen in the 1st.

Most dislikeable man in MMA. Ive a tonne of respect for his Grappling skills but I dont know if the skinny geek would cut it in higher echelons of US MMA.

lol! excellent ben.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Haha Im sick of the wee cunt, the Melendez fight was an joke, he couldnt have done worse, I hope we see him get Sparked a few more times before he hangs his size 0 tights up the skinny geek! Laughing

Id love to see JZ get his revenge on him, Aoki fruited out of the 1st fight IMO. I wonder if Crusher is itching for a rematch?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm

from a seasoned basher of the noodle armed lil fucker,i couldn't of worded that particular bashing any better Ben lol!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 pm

found this on his wikipedia page.

After the proposed rematch with Melendez fell through due to contract issues on Melendez's part, Aoki faced K-1 kickboxer Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima in a special rules exhibition bout at Dynamite!! 2010.[29] In the first 3-minute kickboxing round, Aoki evaded Nagashima's offense by breaking the rules via excessive clinching, falling to the ground, and going for takedowns in order to run out the clock and move onto the 5-minute mixed martial arts round. Aoki was warned repeatedly by the referee, however no points were deducted as there could not be a decision winner. The commentary team of Michael Schiavello and Frank Trigg were openly criticising Aoki for his rule breaking during the first round, while the Japanese crowd uncharacteristically booed him. At 0:04 of the second MMA rules round, Aoki was knocked out immediately as he went for a double leg takedown via flying knee and subsequent grounded strikes. Since the bout was contested as an exhibition, the loss is not reflected on Aoki's professional mixed martial arts record.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 pm

HAHA doesnt count on his record, ah well No big deal to me its like a TUF fight anyway, we still count the winners of that in reality. Aoki still got sparked in 4 seconds in an MMA fight! Laughing
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm a big fan of Aoki, one of the most exciting fighters in MMA.
    I also like the fact that, until at least this latest fight, he puts 100% into getting the victory, and the winning or losing clearly means alot.

its not important if he crys or not after a fight for goodness sake. Neutral
    hopefully he wont retire because he is very unique, great to watch.

anyways i heard he is taking a break from MMA and going to train in an MMA camp in southwest USA.
    Smile

I wonder if he will ask for a MMA match vs Nagashima? this thing will always hang over his career...but especially so if he doesnt avenge it.
    By the way, im not bothered whether or not its on his record, but its not the same circumstances as an MMA fight, just because it was under MMA rules. do you think Aoki would try to take him down in the first 2 seconds if it was a normal MMA fight?? its doubtful....clearly he wanted to get it over with ASAP and was frustrated after round 1.
    Anyways im not trying to make excuses for getting KOd!

I found this funny, its a translation of the Japanese commentary by Genki Sudo and Masato (Jienotsu trains in Masato's gym btw) they both went NUTS!!!

Aoki to retire? 1231_dynamite_46

Incidentally, Genki admitted that he used to pull off spinning kicks when he was in K-1 to get rest.

Second half of 1R

Genki "Is this skirting on the edges of illegality? Or is it just a foul. (huge laughter)"

Masato "Well, I'd like to tell Aoki that if you were planning on fighting like this, you shouldn't have accepted this fight in the first place."

Genki "He was never the type to care what others think, but when he's this committed I need to show respect."

Masato "On the other hand, I EXTREMELY want Otsu to mow him down with punches in the 2R."

Genki "All the viewers probably think that."

When KO'd

Genki "Wow! I wonder if that was karma for putting on such a sucky fight!"

Masato "That felt great!"

Genki "Ma-kun just stood up!"

Masato "Otsu! Otsu! Yeah, don't fuck with K-1! Well done!"

Tanikawa "I've never seen Masato-kun give someone a standing ovation before."

Genki "I've never seen Masato-kun get emotional about someone else's fight before!"

Masato "But see, I was so pissed after the first round."

And it ended with Genki saying that Aoki got smithed with karma and Masato reflecting that anyone who runs in life can't win.

pretty rich coming from genki who pulled similar rope jumping techniques and takedowns in his K1 fight..against Masato no less.

mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 am

Aoki is a gimp.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am

A gimp who got knocked out by a transvestite in 4 seconds in an MMA round.

Aoki to retire? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOQvxl9BK1DyAfGjZGpRvsc6qjU7LpfEXa3J_lR2ebkyaLz6PW

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Hopefully Aoki comes back stronger I don't see him retiring personally although the Jienotsu loss has to be very embarrassing considering the fight was designed for Aoki to win.

It is encouraging to hear that Aoki wants to train in America too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 am