THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
payneNglory1
rudeboyben84
Anfields5thKing
mikeyboybisping
manschesthair_utd
KalDog
10 posters

Shinya Aoki is a twat

KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Shinya Aoki is a twat Empty Shinya Aoki is a twat

Post  KalDog Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm

You can't fault him in general for his skills, he goes out and subs most guys (not called Melendez) with ease, but he's a twat and here's why......

When he beat Hirota he flicked him the bird and took the piss and totally disrespected him and now after subbing Kawajiri he says he was hoping he wouldn't tap so he could break his ankle and hoped for an open fracture!!!

What is it with this guy? He has awesome skills but is just an utter turnip
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Shinya Aoki is a twat Empty Re: Shinya Aoki is a twat

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 pm

yeah he is passionate fighter alright, you can see it every time he wins and every time he loses.

i agree he is not very nice sometimes, but i like that he is 100% commited to fighting.

Shinya Aoki is a twat 20090314104715_Sinya_Aoki_and_Masakazu_Imanari2
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm

There's a difference between being 100% committed to being a fighter and being disrespectful and wishing to cause a serious injury to your opponent.

And I know it's the fight game and the whole idea is to win but gimme a break
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Aoki is a dick. I hope someone breaks his ankle then that would show him to respect his opponent.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:58 am

A Michael Bisping fan calling someone else a dick. Comical.

Welcome back Kal!
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 am

Bonjourno Anf!

Be back on this tomorrow mate, it's been a long time

Oh yeah, me via gogo (lol)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 am

U have a fight Kal?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:41 am

Aoki is a disrespectful prick,and as much as you dream fans will deny and defend him,he stoops lower than anyone in the whole of MMA.

Japan pride themselves on being a nation of honour and respect,yet there so called best fighter shows absolutely none of these traits.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:37 am

Well when twats like you are concerned, of course he doesn't. If you actually bothering listening to what was said by Aoki's opponents then perhaps you'd understand.
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:53 am

Could Aoki just be trying to market himself as the bad boy of Japanese MMA? They seemed to mention that a lot when he fought in Strikeforce
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:yeah he is passionate fighter alright, you can see it every time he wins and every time he loses.

i agree he is not very nice sometimes, but i like that he is 100% commited to fighting.

Shinya Aoki is a twat 20090314104715_Sinya_Aoki_and_Masakazu_Imanari2

I think I have seen this scene from a video I have seen hot stuff next scene here :

Shinya Aoki is a twat 1235996466

A true champion taking one for the team.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Not as passionate as Crusher though

Shinya Aoki is a twat 000433047-2

Anfields5thKing wrote:Well when twats like you are concerned, of course he doesn't. If you actually bothering listening to what was said by Aoki's opponents then perhaps you'd understand.

Laughing Sad

You keep taking ignorance to a brand new level,congratulations I'm sure somebody is very proud of you.

I do listen and read what Aoki and his opponents say pre fights but none of it excuses Aoki's disrespect and actions.

So why don't you share your wealth of knowledge with us on the topic and explain to us what these fighters have done to him to make his actions exceptable and understandable.

Come on I've got a spare couple of minutes Wink
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hirota and Crusher never said shit about Aoki but still acts like a dick to them. A lot of people gave Lesnar a lot of shit for what he did, even though Frank Mir WAS the biggest asshole to him. For some reason its ok with Aoki but Lesnar's a disgrace to the sport.

Personally I don't care what either one did, Aoki said he wanted to break Crusher's arm, but he didn't. If he held on and broke it on purpose, then he is a cunt but he didn't. He stopped. Not as bad as what Babalu did for example. When he broke Hirota's arm, that was Hirota's fault for foolishly not tapping. I didn't understand the reaction after but nothing too bad.

My only problem is why it applies with Lesnar but not Aoki.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:52 pm

"When I caught (Kawajiri) and tried to submit him, I heard a loud crackle sound. He did not tap so I thought 'Ok, this match just became a death-fight' and I was going to destroy his leg. I knew Kawajiri never taps so I could not win without breaking his bone. I was hoping for an open-fracture. No one could have endured [that submission] like Kawajiri. His heart is iron. [I told him] 'I could show you 100% but I chose not to because I respect you. Thank you for this fight.' After I lost (to Gilbert Melendez), many people blamed me, but [my fiance] helped me through it all. The people who mocked me in my fight versus Melendez, I wanted to kill them all. Even in this fight, too many people said 'Kawajiri would win!'. I felt like
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Hirota and Crusher never said shit about Aoki but still acts like a dick to them. A lot of people gave Lesnar a lot of shit for what he did, even though Frank Mir WAS the biggest asshole to him. For some reason its ok with Aoki but Lesnar's a disgrace to the sport.

Personally I don't care what either one did, Aoki said he wanted to break Crusher's arm, but he didn't. If he held on and broke it on purpose, then he is a cunt but he didn't. He stopped. Not as bad as what Babalu did for example. When he broke Hirota's arm, that was Hirota's fault for foolishly not tapping. I didn't understand the reaction after but nothing too bad.

My only problem is why it applies with Lesnar but not Aoki.

Hirota and Crusher talked a lot of shit about Aoki over the last year. He made both of them his bitch. If they don't want to tap, then bones snap. simple as.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Hirota and Crusher talked a lot of shit about Aoki over the last year. He made both of them his bitch. If they don't want to tap, then bones snap. simple as.

I already said its fine to break bones if they don't tap. Not tapping when someone has an armbar or leglock is stupid IMO and I agree completely with breaking there bones.

What exactly did Hirota and Crusher say? Hirota said before the fight he was excitied to fight Aoki and he had a lot of respect, he said nothing wrong. So there was no need to flip him AND the crowd off after the fight. I didn't hear Crusher say anything bad and Chesty has shown Aoki didn't actually have a problem with him. The guy who created this post misinterpruted what Aoki said. No problem between the two.

Aoki also clearly can't take critism. I.e:

Thank you for this fight.' After I lost (to Gilbert Melendez), many people blamed me, but [my fiance] helped me through it all. The people who mocked me in my fight versus Melendez, I wanted to kill them all. Even in this fight, too many people said 'Kawajiri would win!'.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 pm

If you find Aoki's interview from after the fight he quotes everything that Hirota said.

Crusher has been saying he was going to KO him, that Aoki was running scared and all sorts.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I can't find a video thats not subtitled but just because he says it doesn't mean anything. I haven't anything about Hirota saying shit about Aoki either though.

A lot of fighters (nearly all) say there going to KO other fighters. No one gets worked up over it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Aoki does. It's a different way of life in Japan. For a japanese man to call another a coward is a major thing.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 pm

What is it like the way playboy is an insult in Brazil? Different cultures I suppose but Aoki seems to be the one who takes it the most personally.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Aoki is a very proud and traditional man. He takes things too seriously but I can see his point. His reactions aren't great but the armbreaking and anklebreaking are the opponents faults. Just tap out and stop trying to be a big hardman.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Aoki is a very proud and traditional man. He takes things too seriously but I can see his point. His reactions aren't great but the armbreaking and anklebreaking are the opponents faults. Just tap out and stop trying to be a big hardman.

Aoki is talented and a wizard at what he does but that doesn't excuse the way he gets on
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 am

do you think part of it is that people don't want to tap to a "noodle armed" guy who dresses up in school girl outfits?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Aoki is a very emotional individual, and some of his actions/behaviour and comments that i have seen over the last few years, really raises questions about his psychey.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:33 pm