THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+14
payneNglory1
Cowboys From Hell
The_Axe_Emperor
sunthunder
thebadgersbits
p4pnumber_1
efils_god
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
Mannpagejackson
redmeanie77
2brutal
Ginginho
Sheldan
18 posters

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers)

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Empty A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers)

Post  Sheldan Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:58 am

I present you with several statements 2brutal made over the last few months regarding Cain VS JDS:

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl12

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl13

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl23

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl15

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl24

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl17

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl19

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl20

I now present you with an image from tonight's fight.

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Junior-dos-santos-13

Here is your new avatar 2brutal

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Untitl25

That will be all.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Empty Re: A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers)

Post  Ginginho Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers) Empty Re: A personal message to 2brutal (UFC on Fox spoilers)

Post  2brutal Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 am

haha

in fairness when you were leaning towards cain as your prediction shows yesterday i put i wont be posting any past comments but fair enough mate i got it wrong jds is a beast
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 am

Ouch Sheldan, you didnt hold back!!! lol
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:52 am

karma is a bitch dont worry
    Mannpagejackson
    Mannpagejackson
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  Mannpagejackson Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 am

Wow!!! Dint see that coming. I was heavily against jds aswell, but just watched primetime and event this morning, and i still like cain. He'll be back. But that shot right in the temple is on another planet, bith throw at the same time, jds spots cains shot and delivers that, even if cain wasnt knocked out, a shot to the temple destroys your bearings and sense of awareness. Just perfect. I was wrong, badly wrong, but hell it was impressive. Also, nice that the uk got bendo and johnson fights. A 3 round war and another cracking ko. Enjoyed all 3!!
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:20 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Ouch Sheldan, you didnt hold back!!! lol

Haha, it's all just banter Very Happy
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 pm

I was bitterly disappointed with the fight last night, I've been one of Cains biggest supporters on these pages, but just got caught last night. No excuses, JDS started the brighter and that shot would have stopped a lot of the big guys. not so much in terms of pure power, but where it landed. To give JDS his due, he gave Cain no chance at all of recovery. He's a very likeable fighter is JDS, and I don't think many have a bad word to say about the guy.

I still think that Cain is the future of the HW division, and I can see him regaining his title, but, it ain't going to be easy.

On a lighter note, I think I got all but 2 results wrong last night.......I am definitely the man, when it comes to predictions.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Cain looked out of sorts. He came in flabby with a cowed demeanour and his movement was noticeably sluggish. I don't think he was %100.

Not complaining though, I like JDS a lot more than Cain. Maybe we should all wait until a fighter has beaten at least one elite level opponent first before we discuss if he is the new Fedor in future? just a thought

Also this I believe greatly increases Overeems' chances of winning the belt. Stylistically JDS is a much better fight for him.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Cain looked out of sorts. He came in flabby with a cowed demeanour and his movement was noticeably sluggish. I don't think he was %100.

I agree with this, he looked out of sorts and there was talk of an injury before the fight. Not making excuses though, JDS deserves his title and is a very humble and positive ambassador for the sport, just like Cain. I hope we get to see a rematch someday soon. Overeem-JDS would be very interesting if he can get past Brock.

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Mryzyz wrote:Cain looked out of sorts. He came in flabby with a cowed demeanour and his movement was noticeably sluggish. I don't think he was %100.

Not complaining though, I like JDS a lot more than Cain. Maybe we should all wait until a fighter has beaten at least one elite level opponent first before we discuss if he is the new Fedor in future? just a thought

Also this I believe greatly increases Overeems' chances of winning the belt. Stylistically JDS is a much better fight for him.

One bad fight does not a bad fighter make.

Cain will comeback, he has too much in the locker for him not to. I don't think that JDS was the wrong fight for him, but, as I've said before, I would have been a lot happier if Cain had a 'warm up' fight first. Again, not making excuses, JDS started the brighter and caught him. I still think that JDS beats Overoid.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 pm

hahaha brilliant lol
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:50 pm

I agree with all of this
    thebadgersbits
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  thebadgersbits Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm

I dont agree that cain should of had a warm up fight if you have a belt you should fight your number 1 opponents.JDS is only going to get better imo so i would not be surprised if he retains the belt,,,,would love to see him against the reem tho in a stand up war.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:55 pm

I favoured Velasquez marginally coming into this fight, but the closer the fight got, the more I thought Dos Santos had a better than credited chance at landing a significant shot at some point in the fight.

Watching Cain against Lesnar, there's more than a few instances of Velasquez having his head stuck in the same position whilst throwing combinations. Technically, I think Cain throws cleaner punches than Dos Santos but his sense of timing and distance isn't in the same ball park.

Irrespective of that, I thought Cain had an edge because his skills make him a better pressure fighter than Dos Santos and even if he couldn't score clean takedowns, he'd still be able to chop away at Dos Santos's legs and press him against the cage.

Lol at Dana throwing a hissy fit and tossing them both under the bus in his post fight comments. Horrible way to handle the situation. Essentially reduced the night to implying former champion fought like and idiot and the new champion has no cardio. Awful message to send out to any prospective new UFC viewers.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm

What was the hissy fit, sunthunder?

Cain is strikingly similar to Big Foot IMO, both brilliant ground games, decent stand up but unfortunately they've been blessed with huge ass heads so really it was only a matter of time before JDS connected. I agree with Dana, why didn't Cain try and take him down from the start? I understand he was trying to wear JDS down and maybe set up the takedown but there was hardly any Edgar-like footwork like he showed against Nog, and standing in front of JDS for that long there's only one outcome.

Payne is it true that 58 minutes, 56 seconds of the hour long US broadcast was NOT a fight Laughing that's just stupid. On the international broadcasts we got to see the Clay Guida fight before the main event and Damarques Johnson fight after it!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm

sunthunder wrote:Lol at Dana throwing a hissy fit and tossing them both under the bus in his post fight comments. Horrible way to handle the situation. Essentially reduced the night to implying former champion fought like and idiot and the new champion has no cardio. Awful message to send out to any prospective new UFC viewers.

I seen that too If I was the Fertitta's I would get White off network TV ASAP It was embarrassing his behaviour It was obvious he wanted Cain to win from the get go so he could exploit....I mean expand in to the Mexican market but come on stay objective on TV FFS. Embarassed
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Just his general attitude, the manner in which he questioned Cains game plan and being visibly annoyed by the outcome of the fight, it was deeply unprofessional.

Dana implying that Cain just kind of lackadaisically came out to stand with Dos Santos is just naive. How many times do you see a fighter fire off multiple takedown attempts in the first minute of a fight?
    Dos Santos is hardly the kind of fighter you can just shoot double legs from at a distance without fear of being punished for failing. Cain really wasn't doing anything horribly wrong, he was rightly trying to set up the takedown but Dos Santos saw his chance and took it.

I understand Dana's pissed from a business perspective that his Mexican-American posterboy got smashed, but he handled it in a way that under-mined his own product. The outcome of the fight can't be helped, but damaging the image of both the fighters to the casual fan?

Instead of bemoaning any supposed flaws in Velasquez's game plan and saying Dos Santos has bad cardio, he should have just been praising Dos Santos. Amazingly Dana managed to take the shine off the UFC having a young, devastating KO artist as their new heavyweight champion.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Very true I'm pretty sure White has done this with someone else before can not think of who It was though and after his tirade the casual fans who tuned in will believe the result was a fluke and JDS is a modern day Buster Douglas.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:07 pm

PR Gimp malfunction in studio 1
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:

Payne is it true that 58 minutes, 56 seconds of the hour long US broadcast was NOT a fight Laughing that's just stupid. On the international broadcasts we got to see the Clay Guida fight before the main event and Damarques Johnson fight after it!

Yep they just had Brock,Dana and the host,Curt Menefee building up the fight for the first 30 odd minutes,then it was the fight and then back to them talking about it for the rest of the hour.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 am

redmeanie77 wrote:

I think Dana is right, I mean seriously, he is speaking from experience having been in the cage on so many occasions against guys with big KO power..........no............wait..........no that's right, he hasn't a fucking clue what he's talking about and he should keep his mouth firmly shut and not slag off the top two HWs in his company.

It's clear that he wanted Cain to win, as did I, but he needs to accept that he lost to a better fighter on the night.

Wonder how pissed he'll get when Bones, Edgar and GSP lose their belts.

Chalk another title up for Blackhouse. Bet that pisses Dana off as well.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 am

Dana saying what Cain's game plan should have been just reminds me of this video, I wonder if we'll hear Dana say that he never told Cain what to do.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 am

I think he is just pissed Cain got beat so easily and so quick, he needed a longer fight than that. And im not that sold on Latino Market for Cain, Brazil is getting huge now and JDS will be perfect star to pick up from Anderson when his bubble will burst soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 am