THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
Mryzyz
Anfields5thKing
Cowboys From Hell
2brutal
8 posters

strikeforce review

2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

strikeforce review Empty strikeforce review

Post  2brutal Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:45 pm

for me this was a case of underestimating and over estimating

josh barnett did what most of us predicted submit kharitonov, a nice engage on the feet followed by a nice trip by barnett, then he did what he does best get great positions and sink in a lovely side choke
    impressive

daniel cormier, rocked silva early and soon silva was keen to fight on the ground, cormier was wise and didnt engage much on the floor allowing the ref to stand them back up, then a nice finish from cormier dropping him then a couple of big hammer fists, still feel cormier would be a monster at 205 but for now he is looking tough to beat

luke rockhold what the fuck nearly 2year off and delivers an amazing performance fight of the night, not sure whats next for jacare

roger gracie maybe time to go backtobjj comps, first real punch and king mo puts him to sleep

pat healy survived some early difficulties but proved too big and clever
    still not that impressed with him though

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

strikeforce review Empty Re: strikeforce review

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Great Card enjoyed It throughly the HDNet undercard was good too.

The size difference between Healy and Maxi was huge the first thing that sprung to mind was Maxi needs to go down to 145. Great first round for Maxi but It was obvious at the start of the second that Healy's size and Maxi's diminished gas tank would mean the fight would only go one way.

Poor Roger Gracie seems like he has inherited the Gracie chin this was a horrible miss match a proper lamb to the slaughter job.

I was a little surprised so many were sleeping on Rockhold he is a big strong MW with excellent TDD I just had a feeling he would out strike Jacare and would be able to keep the fight standing although he had a few rocky moments Rockhold excellent I think his lack of power could hinder him In the future though.

I felt Cormier wrestling & speed would be too much for Big Foot I didn't expect Big Foot getting smashed on the feet inside the 1st what a performance from Cormier his striking looked fantastic.

Barnett Did what was expected although I was surprised this didn't go the distance got to say If Barnett can not get Cormier down in the final I think he is going to be in for a long night.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Healy's size won him the fight, nothing more. Maxi is a 145er and needs to be at FW.

Glad to see Mo get back on track. Him against Feijao next hopefully. I think Mo is vastly under-rated on here. One of the top 5 or 6 wrestlers in all of MMA. And he's got excellent boxing with KO power. Decent chin despite the knock-out by Feijao which was more a result of fatigue than anything. I'd like to see him go to 185 after that though.

Rockhold - Jacare reminded me of Edgar-Penn first time round. Jacare did far more damage and was trying to end the fight, Rockhold was fighting for points. Close fight and Rockhold probably took it 48-47 although it could have gone either way depending on what you were scoring it on. Whoever scored the fight 50-45 is a fucking moron. I think they'll fight again. Jacare needs to work on his combinations. A boxing coach must be added to his camp.

Cormier is a beast. I agree with Brutal, he'd be a monster at 205 and I hope he cuts down there. We'll def be seeing him in the UFC I'd imagine.

Barnett did what Barnett does. I think he'll beat Cormier in the final, but it's going to be a hell of a scrap. Winner of Barnett-Cormier should get the winner of Cain/JDS vs Reem/Brock IMO.

The undercard was fantastic! I really enjoyed all those fights. Feijao's headkick, spinning backfist was class. I thought Jordan Mein looked incredible. Big future for him. What a finish! Not sure I've seen someone finish a fight in that manner before. Kyle looked good too. The women's fight and the opening fight were excellent as well.

Great card start to finish for me, one of best of the year so far.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:11 pm

All I can add is that Barnett needs to get in shape.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:34 pm

I guess Kyle fight wasnt a fluke for Bigfoot. Cormier looked great i think he beats Barnett in the final. Barnett cant take him down and i fancy Cormiers chances in the stand up.

I scored 1st round to Jacare and last 2 rounds to Rockhold. Rounds 2 and 3 were close and could go either way, i gave it 1 apiece. So 48-47 for Cormier seems fair.

Jacare is really frustrating to watch he has world class BJJ but doesnt seem to use it well in MMA. Maia used it great in his early UFC fights but has gone south aswell lately. I wanna see these 2 guys fight.

King Mo won as expected, but without doubt there was an illegal headbut before that inital right hand and that really hurt Roger. Wouldnt have changed outcome anyway but still...

I didnt watch any of other fights, crowd looked dead and tons of empty seats. Looked like not even half capacity. Dissapointing.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Mryzyz wrote:All I can add is that Barnett needs to get in shape.

yeah caus there's no way he will ever win fights in the kind of shape he is in right now... Rolling Eyes

anyways i had jacare winning rounds 1,2 and 5...Rockhold won round 3 and i wasnt paying attention in round 4.
    Close fight though.

gutted to see Maxi lose but it was a great finish on the part of healy.

Feijao looked great in terms of defensive grappling, his opponent has a future though IMO.

Cormier looks awesome, he said the blueprint for beating silva was out there and he showed it.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Oh forgot to say i marked out loud when after the fight when Cormier got asked about Bigfoot and Cormiers said "Well he aint no Cain Velasquez" Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Cormier may have a broken hand, so we could see Griggs step in and win the tournament, what a way to end Strikeforce Very Happy
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Lets hope they give Cormier enough time to heal up.
    It'll be a right fuck up if Cormier has to be replaced in the final.

I think Bigfoot and Werdum should now fight each other again,but I have a feeling they will go for Sergei vs Bigfoot in a 3rd place match.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 am

Final doesn't look like it will be until the new year. They've only got one more big card set for this and Melendez is meant to headline it.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 am

Cormier just tweeted this:

strikeforce review Untitl11

Is it wrong that I want Chad Griggs to enter the tournament and win it? Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 am