THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+17
Cowboys From Hell
the_king
sunthunder
Mryzyz
Once Mohawked Pete
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
rudeboyben84
p4pnumber_1
KalDog
Anfields5thKing
Sheldan
The_Axe_Emperor
2brutal
redmeanie77
pinsman
superman_punch
21 posters

Just a thought in regards of recent armbar attacks

KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Just a thought in regards of recent armbar attacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a thought in regards of recent armbar attacks

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:44 am

rudeboyben84 wrote:Lads im living on the Lower Ormeau road, got a good big 50" HD TV, your both welcome to come over for an event some night if youz are watching by yourselves.

Alright Ben, I may well take you up on that offer..... Is it a 50" LG from Currys? Lol got one of those just before Christmas. It's shite that very few of my mates are into MMA
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Just a thought in regards of recent armbar attacks - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a thought in regards of recent armbar attacks

Post  Ginginho Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 am

Sheldan wrote:You guys still post on MMA Playground? Fair play I thought everyone was off that now, I prefer The Armbar, like Axe said, more of a family feel to it, easier interface, etc. I understand you're just throwing it out their as an option but yesterday was a rare occurance, if we get another admin sorted then that won't be happening again. I know you didn't mean any disrespect to Ging in regards to the predictor, but yeah like Axe said, Ging puts a lot of time, money and effort into it. I understand where you're coming from but I just think the majority of people on here, myself included, are just happy with things on here.

It's all good - the MMA Playground predictions game is a lot more organised and better run than mine so I don't feel insulted or anything. I wish I had better internet skills so I could make it a whole lot easier and more interesting Embarassed

I would put my hand up to be a mod but I don't think I would have the technical skills required unless it was really easy. The advantage I would have is that I am around 12 hours ahead of you guys so can monitor the site while you guys sleep.

p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:51 am

Ginginho wrote:
    Sheldan wrote:You guys still post on MMA Playground? Fair play I thought everyone was off that now, I prefer The Armbar, like Axe said, more of a family feel to it, easier interface, etc. I understand you're just throwing it out their as an option but yesterday was a rare occurance, if we get another admin sorted then that won't be happening again. I know you didn't mean any disrespect to Ging in regards to the predictor, but yeah like Axe said, Ging puts a lot of time, money and effort into it. I understand where you're coming from but I just think the majority of people on here, myself included, are just happy with things on here.

It's all good - the MMA Playground predictions game is a lot more organised and better run than mine so I don't feel insulted or anything. I wish I had better internet skills so I could make it a whole lot easier and more interesting Embarassed

I would put my hand up to be a mod but I don't think I would have the technical skills required unless it was really easy. The advantage I would have is that I am around 12 hours ahead of you guys so can monitor the site while you guys sleep.

I genuinely think the job you do with the prediciton league is top class! I wouldn't change anything about it, and you're respected by everyone on here by taking the time out to do it. If your happy doing it then we are
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:54 am

^^^ exactly, it's that superman punch fella coming on here and unsettling the troops Razz
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 am

You are too modest I tried running it on the 606 and mine was shocking in comparison so I know what work you must put in mate

I'd be happy with you as a mod no doubt
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 am

KalDog wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Lads im living on the Lower Ormeau road, got a good big 50" HD TV, your both welcome to come over for an event some night if youz are watching by yourselves.

Alright Ben, I may well take you up on that offer..... Is it a 50" LG from Currys? Lol got one of those just before Christmas. It's shite that very few of my mates are into MMA

Ben i would definitely be up for that thanks a lot for the offer!

I too have the same problem KalDog, few of my mates watch the UFC as they're mainly boxing fans, and have a problem with the UFC!! Evil or Very Mad
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 am

Mate it's grim as hell, mine are the same, always comparing the two lol

"sure there's no rules in that there cage fighting"
    "such and such a boxer would empty such and such an MMArtist"

(obviously by my above writings the class and education standards of my friends are low haha)
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 am

Does anyone else wonder why Shane McMahon was dandering about with Rory's da?

Well done Rory!!!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 am

KalDog wrote:Does anyone else wonder why Shane McMahon was dandering about with Rory's da?

Well done Rory!!!

LOVE IT!!

i noticed Shane O Mac, no idea why he was there though, big fan i suppose..
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:51 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    KalDog wrote:Does anyone else wonder why Shane McMahon was dandering about with Rory's da?

Well done Rory!!!

LOVE IT!!

i noticed Shane O Mac, no idea why he was there though, big fan i suppose..

What? I missed this? We're talking about THE Shane McMahon yeah?

Here Comes The Moneyyyy!

That Shane McMahon? Why the hell was he there!?!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:52 am

simplest answer to forum raids it to make it so that new members have to be approved by a moderator before they can post.

and yes, thats how they do it at KTT Embarassed
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 am

Chesty, can you give us a heads-up before you have your friends over in future??

Very Happy Laughing Razz Very Happy Laughing Razz
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 am

KalDog wrote:^^^ exactly, it's that superman punch fella coming on here and unsettling the troops Razz

Short answer NO!!! if you read any of my posts on this topic it's quite clear that I'm not. Ging is the man

In relation to Shane o mac he's on a board of International sports management now and has nothing to do with wrestling. The firm represents no ither than ernie els and Rory mcilroy, hence his presence there yesterday.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:45 am

I visit other sites, but this is the only one I post or comment on, like a few have said before, this is almost like a family, going back to old 606 days.

We all, I think, enjoy the freedom on here, but I love the idea that new members need to be approved, have no problems with additional mods either, as I don't think there's anyone that would abuse that power.

For me, no Armbar = No MMA chat.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:47 am

superman_punch wrote:
    KalDog wrote:^^^ exactly, it's that superman punch fella coming on here and unsettling the troops Razz

Short answer NO!!! if you read any of my posts on this topic it's quite clear that I'm not. Ging is the man

In relation to Shane o mac he's on a board of International sports management now and has nothing to do with wrestling. The firm represents no ither than ernie els and Rory mcilroy, hence his presence there yesterday.

Are you on your period? Lighten up, it was a joke
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am

MMAPlayground is rubbish for discussion. You can't swear or embed videos and for some reason it won't let me use paragraphs.

I'm still going to make predictions on there. Half the 606 camp may have buggered off, but there are over four and a half thousand other members who play the UFC league and seven hundred odd who play the secondary league. I'm 76th and Top 50 is my aim for the UFC league and I'm 8th and few points off the top of the secondary, so I'm still in the hunt for that $50!

There is no point in folding the armbar just because of some defective non-people trying to feel important by being knob heads on the internet.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 am

Good effort mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 am

Good effort on finally figuring out how to set an avatar. Sound choice BTW.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

I don't post as often as perhaps I should but I like being a part of a smaller mma community where your input is actually considered.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 pm

ill be here on armbar for as long as im welcome, as a few people have already said it has a sort of family feel.

on the talk of people linking up outside of the armbar ben when are going to set up this randy v rutten bout on mma.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Mryzyz wrote:MMAPlayground is rubbish for discussion. You can't swear or embed videos and for some reason it won't let me use paragraphs.

I'm still going to make predictions on there. Half the 606 camp may have buggered off, but there are over four and a half thousand other members who play the UFC league and seven hundred odd who play the secondary league. I'm 76th and Top 50 is my aim for the UFC league and I'm 8th and few points off the top of the secondary, so I'm still in the hunt for that $50!

There is no point in folding the armbar just because of some defective non-people trying to feel important by being knob heads on the internet.

I still make predictions on there as well mate.... Check it out I came 5th out of 3214 in the UFC 131 picks afro.

You're just ahead of me in our fight camp league as well.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:46 pm

There isn't many good MMA forums left TBH The Junkie Forums were good a few years back now they have gone the way of Sherdog which is a shame don't get me wrong there are still many good posters and articles on both sites sadly the amount of Trolls and Black Belt Keyboard warriors seem to out number them by some distance.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Cowboy From Hell wrote:There isn't many good MMA forums left TBH The Junkie Forums were good a few years back now they have gone the way of Sherdog which is a shame don't get me wrong there are still many good posters and articles on both sites sadly the amount of Trolls and Black Belt Keyboard warriors seem to out number them by some distance.

I got double yellow carded last week on Sherdog for saying Bisping is underrated but a bit of a prick lol
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

KalDog wrote:
    Cowboy From Hell wrote:There isn't many good MMA forums left TBH The Junkie Forums were good a few years back now they have gone the way of Sherdog which is a shame don't get me wrong there are still many good posters and articles on both sites sadly the amount of Trolls and Black Belt Keyboard warriors seem to out number them by some distance.

I got double yellow carded last week on Sherdog for saying Bisping is a underrated but a bit of a prick lol

That's disgraceful saying Bisping is a dick is fair enough what's wrong with that, Come on..........

.........but saying he is underrated is certainly worthy of dubs Wink
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:48 pm

when UFC tried to flog a $10 or $20 PPV showing GSPs 7 non-UFC fights i made a thread on sherdog with youtube videos of all 7 of those fights embedded.

and got dubbed.

shows what you get for trying to save fellow MMA fans money and stick it to the man!! Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am