THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight? Empty Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

However, MMAjunkie.com has learned that a third bout announced today, a middleweight title fight between Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Luke Rockhold, was announced prematurely and will likely take place at a later date.

Fucking hell SF are clutching at straws for opponents for their top guys, Diaz had no one to fight so he has gone over to UFC.

Hw has the tournament to keep them busy and Lhw seems to be sorting the contenders in the next event.

The Ww champ has cleared off to UFC and I think its time they offered Jacare the same. Jacare is getting a lower ranked fighter in a title fight than Mayhem is. If SF cant offer the champs a ranked fighter to defend against I think they should give them the same treatment as Daiz.

Im sure Melendez is chomping at the bit to get over to UFC and school whoever is left holding that belt but for no he has the winner of Masvidal vs Noons, Wilcox vs JZ should winner should meet the Thompson vs Blanco winner. So I think Melendez has 2 ranked title challengers.

IMO Jacare is the next fighter that needs to move to UFC. Rockold is a great fighter and all, a real prospect but still wet behind the ears and not title shot worthy after only 7 career wins. He didnt even have to beat a "name" to get his shot.

Wanderlei agrees...

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight? 1211383911.g
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight? Empty Re: Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Is this really the best they can come up with? They should have Mousassi is he was willing to drop down to 185 or Daley up or something like that. Rockhold is not a legit test to anyone in the top 10 at this point. If it continues like this, it's only a matter of time before Jacare moves to the UFC as well.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight? Empty Re: Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight?

Post  Mryzyz Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:09 am

Luke Rockhold to be Jacare's next fight? BarrelManScrapingBottom
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:50 pm

in fairness he has gone 6-0 in strikeforce with 6 finishes...even though he hasnt faced good opponents its still impressive, and if anyone did that in the UFC they would get a title shot undoubtedly.

of course if Cung Le was still interested in MMA i would like to see that fight...remember he never lost the belt! ~ but as it stands there isnt a better opponent for jacare. (assuming they cant get khalidov, lombard)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:in fairness he has gone 6-0 in strikeforce with 6 finishes...even though he hasnt faced good opponents its still impressive, and if anyone did that in the UFC they would get a title shot undoubtedly.

of course if Cung Le was still interested in MMA i would like to see that fight...remember he never lost the belt! ~ but as it stands there isnt a better opponent for jacare. (assuming they cant get khalidov, lombard)

Just to point out Woodley is 8-0 and is 6-0 in SF, maby he diserves a shot too.

My Problem is that on the SF roster theres a guy better than nearly any UFC Mw, He is like a more physical better Maia and Maia didnt do terrible against Anderson... Zuffa are wasting a potential challenger to Anderson against a pretty unknown fighter.

Id rather they gave Minowaman a shot at him! Laughing

Didnt King Mo fight at 185 before?

I think they should have given Jacare a catchweight fight against Mo, Feijao, Mousasi, Babalu etc.. and Matched Rockhold up with a "name" like Lawler or Kennedy to prove his worth.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Strikeforce should sign Patrick Cote.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:05 am