THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats Empty Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Technically on paper Rockhold lands a lot more strikes 3.37 per min to 1.41. Vitor slightly edges him in accuracy but it shows Rockhold is a MUCH busier figter.

Also he gets hit less, a lot less, Vitor takes 2.16 per minute to Rockholds 1.63.

Vitor is a much better Grappler on paper, 1.29 takedowns per 15mins to Rockholds 0.21 his TD% is MUCH higher at 60 to Rockholds 25 but Rockhold on paper has better defence 70% to Vitors 50%

Subs attempted are similar.

One thing id point out is Vitors stats were probabally harder earned in fights with Heavyweights and in UFC title fights and the likes.

Rockhold is like a185lbs Dominic Cruz for me, his footwork is great and he peppers opponents with half power strikes and gets out.

Its a real clash of styles in that respect because everything Vitor throws is for the kill. The Stopping power isnt comparible and I think that evens up the amount of strikes Rockhold will outland him by. If the figth remains Standing like I expect Rockhold is either likely to tip tap to a decision as Bisping intended or he will get caught and put to sleep.

I dont expect most to Pick him but as usual im going with the old Lion in this one. I think Vitor will cach him before the fight is up.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats Empty Re: Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue May 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Superfights asside Id assume the winner of this is in for a title shot.

Does anyone think Rockhold would have a better chance against Anderson than Vitor would in a rematch?

Vitor surely couldnt do any worse! Id like to see him give it another go. It would be great to see him fight Lil Nog or Shogun at 205 before he retires if he loses.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats Empty Re: Belfort vs Rockhold, how does it go down? A look at the stats

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 am

What a performance, another Headkick KO, Belfort is the clear cut number 2 Mw in the world now so I was shocked to hear he didnt call out Anderson Silva.

Belfort is as deadly as ever, his accuracy, speed and 1 strike KO power are exceptional. I honestly wouldnt rull out him beating Anderson or Jones in rematches. I think he has as much chance as anyone.

At Mw, Okami or Jacare would be the contenders directly Behind him so If he isnt waiting on a shot he should be fighting one of them.

If he wants another shot at Jones I think he should fight Machida/Gus, whoever doesnt get the title shot.

I wouldnt have a complaint about him walking into a title shot in either devision without a win but Okami/Jacare/Machida/Gus are the fights that make sence if he isnt getting a shot.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Enjoyed the card,loads of good fights from top to bottom.

No doubt Vitor has earned the next title shot,if it's not in Vegas of coarse Wink .

That was a fantastic finish,and I doubt there will be a Que of guys lining up for a fight with him on his recent form.

Great finish from Jacare,he looked absolutely great,but i think 99% of fans knew the out come of this match up when it was announced.
    Cheal was campaigning for Okami next for him,I think that would be a great next step for him.

I thought Dunham was hard done to by the judges,but i don't think it was quite the robbery that many are making it out to be.I personally had it 29-28 Dunham,but it was a close fight.

I thought Natal was lucky that Zeferino's cardio left him after the first round,Zeferino looked good in the first round and I don't know how that one judge scored it 30-27 to natal.

Gutted Dias lost to that blanket Lentz,but still,it's for these talented guys to find a way to stop him doing that to them,which Dias couldn't do until the third round,when he just didn't have the gas left to finish.

Trinaldo looked a beast,that boy has some power.An arm triangle choke from half guard,that was nice.

also a good finish from Tibau,can't believe he's still only 29.That boys had a rough life,he looks about 50 Smile

Paulo Thiago vs Michel Prazeres was one of my favorite fights of the night.Looking forward to seeing what Prazeres can do at LW.

Alcantara is a beast,really like watching him fight.He's fast,well rounded and an absolutely deadly finisher.

Fabio Maldonado vs Roger Hollett was poor for me,I've enjoyed watching maldonado,but not this time.
    He was winding me up gesturing for Hollett to fight him,when he was hardly doing fuck all when they did exchange.
    We get it,you like to body punch in the clinch,what else have you got?

Lineker just showed us in the fight before,how to set up finishes,starting with the body shots.Very nice finish.

I missed most of the first two pre lim fights,making dinner,but what i did catch,Formiga looked good and Martins landed a sweet counter to the incoming Larsen that put him out.
    from the bits I caught,larsen looked like he was kicking Martins arse up until that moment.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 pm

havnt watched Maldonado fight yet but the guy really needs to move to 185, I hear he was pretty sluggish and it had a slow pace. Guy has some real tallent with his hands and with a bit more speed behing him could be turning in some good KO wins.

Who do you think Belfort goes after Jones or Anderson?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Like I said,i've liked maldanado in his past fights,he's looked alot better in his losses,he was just poor the other night.

His boxing even looked poor,he didn't try and set anything up,he had no head movement,no jab or anything,his only move was to get in close and try and work the body.
    very disappointed.

I think Vitor should be going after Anderson,not Jones.

Against Anderson,we didn't get to see anything really from him,before he got sparked out by that front kick.
    Maybe he could show more next time,and actually get off with some of his attacks.

against Jones,apart from the armbar attempt,Jones still dominated every round with ease,including that first round.

Overall Belfort came out looking OK in that fight because he went four rounds with jones and came close with that armbar,but in reality Jones,apart from that armbar scare,had an easy night and basically dominated and broke Vitor in that fight.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Good point mate, Anderson makes more sence, its like Cain going after JDS straight away after the loss, fans said one strike can change a fight and Anderson vs Belfort 1 never really got going. I rather see Belfort vs Anderson 2 than Weidman fighting him myself. Not saying he earned it or should get it over him but him vs Anderson 2 just couldnt be bad to watch.

If there is any injury or delay he should stay ready and wait for his shot.

Other than Anderson fights with most of the 205ers are what id want to see from him, Machida and Shogun especially.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am