THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
Sheldan
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
8 posters

CroCop wants one more fight

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

CroCop wants one more fight Empty CroCop wants one more fight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 pm

http://gol.hr/clanak/rubrika/mma/video-cro-cop-ekskluzivno-zelim-jos-jednu-borbu.html

After the second defeat in a row in the UFC is the most worldwide portal dedicated to the fight free of the widely announced the end of the career of legendary Croatian fighter. And Dana White announced that he was Bernard Schaub was the last opponent, but with the team until the end I do not agree Mirko. For Dnevnik Nova TV reveals his future plans.

''I still have one fight contract with the UFC and most likely will do it no matter which one reporter on a website thought. There is a possibility that the UFC refuses to fight, but I think it can not do. However, if you will insist on it will not be unfair to them and I will respect the decision UFC . Although it is time to retire, I would not even want to go. The next year in June will be 20 years since my first fight. I had a great career and I have no regret for what, but I would not want to say goodbye to his career with a defeat, ''said Cro Cop and drew parallels with other sports:

''This is so. Defeat the hardest fall in the martial arts. Here too there is no opportunity for correction, it is not to play tennis tournaments throughout the year. Or skiing, two to three kiksaš and you will win points somewhere else.''
    Mirko says he may have in the last two matches with the peace and Schaub lacked luck and even though you do not want to 'remove' in this way.

''I am sorry. The last two fights I was ready, but the match is a moment of carelessness, and that's it. I'm sorry for all my fans who were disappointed , but let me believe that I am disappointed.''

Filipović has a clear position towards the end of his career - deserves to be forgiven victory, but will not cry if you past the fight is not. Um this case does not think his career will continue in another organization.

'' I think the UFC has no alternative. They are monopolists. Soon it will be off Strikeforce because he bought the UFC and I have virtually no where. In Japan the market is dead, Dream is dead, a new tragedy will definitely put out a Japanese organization.''
    Whether two consecutive knockout hazardous to health?

''Nothing to do. This is a short-term 'blackout' and that's it. Dangerous is a boxing match of 12 rounds where you receive 100 blows to the head.''

Mirko admits that it is reasonable to expect an end. Several times he repeated recently as mentally exhausted, but it is difficult to stop even after 20 years from the first fight.

''I spent the most in an emotional sense, they have many motives of hunger. However, for my career, where I was practically self-taught, it is difficult to stop. When will you find the strength to say that a lot? The boys jokingly say that we sometimes come to throw down the stairs just to avoid training, only to skip it. I have two children, changed their priorities and views on life.''

'' Title in PRIDE-in which we stated in my house no one will ever take away . If there are opportunities for this fight will be saved as never before, and after that it will prevail in my mind. Even if this process the ultimate fight will tell a lot'', he concluded Cro Cop.

How it is difficult to see from the following sentence ...
    Sometimes I catch up''in thinking that you're 'propucam' knee, so to finally be the end. Of course, caricaturing the situation. I just kind, never surrender and that is why I am proud . It is time that the second half of life to pay more to some other passions in life.''

''I want to thank everyone who gave me support in career and in this last fight, if any. I do not have anything to anyone prigovirit even UFC. I did not use their opportunity. I've lost five out of nine fights in the organization. I gave a lot to this sport and he gave me a lot. I do not regret anything and I thank all the people that made it possible. I am happy to have such a circle of supporters who are also grateful for everything.''

Says he wants to carry on fighting, at least once more Sad
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

CroCop wants one more fight Empty Re: CroCop wants one more fight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 pm

If Randy loses at UFC 129, then just book a retirement fight between Crocop-Randy.

Otherwise im really not interested in seeing Crocop against the likes of Mittrione or Madsen.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 pm

i hope its an easy win/one last KO victory....Randy fits the bill.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Meanie took the words right out my mouth, Cro Cop-Couture retiremant match, a fitting tribute to two legends.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:47 am

Good call meanie
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Retire old man.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Randy's stock is probabally much higher if he looses to Machida, Crocop got KO'd by a TUF fighter even if Randy gets KO'd by Machida I dont think a step down in Crocop would be something he would go for...

I think Randy retires if he wins or looses and Im not sure if Crocop will get his last fight, Maby a can on a card in europe... Im not so sure. Crocop and UFC havnt always had the best relationship, I dont know if they feel they owe him a retirement fight.

Its strange because he was hanging with Frank Mir till the KO, he hasnt looked bad in his last 2 fights but Its the KO losses that makes me see similarities to the end of Liddells career.

The Randy fight would be good because Randy would be unlikely to KO or Sub him, I would be a good end to his career but I really doubt Couture or UFC would like the Idea of it.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:

If Randy loses at UFC 129, then just book a retirement fight between Crocop-Randy.

Otherwise im really not interested in seeing Crocop against the likes of Mittrione or Madsen.

randy would just wall and stall, i love cro cop but he is nowere near his best, its almost like his mind is elswear. id give him coleman.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:42 am