The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Anyone want Crocop for Barnetts last SF fight?

rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Anyone want Crocop for Barnetts last SF fight?

Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:16 pm

What about that for an Idea lads? Crocop showed he can still hang with mid level UFC guys seeing as his fight with Nelson was so close and he hung in the with Mir despite the KO finish.

I think Crocop could still beat low level UFC guys so my thinking is that if Crocop isnt retired offer him a 1 time deal against Barnett, a figther he has beaten 3 times already. This wouldnt interfere with his K-1 or anything and for Barnett its a great way to earn his place in UFC by showing he can beat a guy who is still Mid/Low level in UFC and prove he has evolved and can win against a guy he has struggled with before.

What you guys thing?

Suppose the only other options is Sylvia vs AA winner but that might put him on the shelf a while waiting on that outcome... or just give him a low level randomer because he isnt the tournament winner...

What you all think? Like the Idea of another CC fight for Barnett?
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Re: Anyone want Crocop for Barnetts last SF fight?

Post  Cowboys From Hell on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Not a bad Idea, Isn't Cro Cop talking about an MMA next year though ?.

I'll be honest I think Barnett will have Mirko's number this time I can see It being similar to Rampage v Silva 3 with Mirko playing the role of the shot Wand.
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Beating Cro-cop would do absolutely nothing for Barnett in todays game,apart from a personal triumph of beating someone who beat him years ago.

Please,please,please do not come back to MMA,the fun of watching him look shit,just turning up for a paycheck and disappointing his fans has worn off,he is beyond laughing at now,it actually became pretty sad in the end Crying or Very sad Laughing (ok maybe not totally Razz )

Have you all forgot about the 6 years of disappointing,shit,slow,gun shy performances he kept churning out since Pride finished.
    Are still seriously hanging on to the slimmest of hopes,that he just might produce one more kick that he did 6 years ago or did you actually enjoy the last 6 years of the guys career?

Gonzaga,Kongo,Reem,Al Turk,Hong man,JDS,Perosh,Barry,Mir,Schaub,Nelson,What is it,he was shit in everyone of those fights,yet you want to see more.

kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Theres no point in cro cop fighting Barnett he just wouldnt be able to hang with him,

I wouldnt mind seeing Croc Cop vs Arlovski though
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Its not to see Crocop make a return to glory, I accept he is well past his best and injury will stop him making any sort of return to form... Im more thinking of suitable fights for Barnett for his last SF fight.

Id really hope he will get 1 more fight then move to UFC but there arent too maby options.

The winner of AA vs Sylvia could work...

Im really struggling to think of who they will give him but my mate said he Barnett is getting leg surgery so I wonder if they will just let him go and close the Hw devision with Mir vs Cormier?

For free agents who would take a 1 fight deal outside Sergei who he has beat DJ Linderman might be an Idea, he is on a decent 3 fight run. Peter Graham is on a 4 fight winning spree of KO's including Aleks E, but there isnt much out there not im Bellator, UFC or M-1.

Maby they will do what they did for Cormier and put a UFC guy in with him. If so a Nog rubbermatch might be fun?

What do you guys think if CC isnt an option?
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm

I get what your saying,the field of talent to choose from is waffer thin outside of ZUFFA and Bellator,and outside of my mocking of Cro-cop,he probably is still as good as many of the weak options out there.

I just have absolutely zero interest in seeing the guy fight again,I got fed up watching the guy just turning up and going through the motions,personally I would prefer to see Barnett fight someone who still has at least a bit of hunger left,even if they aren't on his level.

It would be great if they would do the same as for Cormier and send a UFC fighter over as well,but I have a feeling dana nor the Fertittas are going to go out of their way for Barnett in the same way.

Devon Cole,Todd Duffee,Sean McCorkle,Soa Palelei,DJ Linderman,Abdurahimov,Mike Hayes,are all options,not great ones granted,but options all the same.(I'd add Garner and Guram Gugenishvili but I can't see M1 fighters being options either)
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:25 am

i'd be happy if the MMA chapter of Crocops career remained finished, no interest in seeing him fight MMA again.

EDIT: happy 3rd birthday the armbar! (for a couple of days ago)
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:44 am

3 years cheers

well done lads,a toast to the best dysfunctional,self opinionated internet family around Very Happy
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:05 am

Happy birthday lads!

I'd like to see Barnett vs Big Nog who has looked good in his last two fights despite getting tapped by Mir. Speaking of Barnett vs Frank Mir would be a fun fight. Old school pride vs old school UFC fight

There is no point in seeing Cro Cop fight Barnett again IMO, Cro Cop has already destroyed him and is beyond shot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 am