THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo Empty Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 pm

About what really went down the night Kimbo got beat by Seth Petruzelli:

“We went with Shamrock and I never wanted that fight, but we promoted it. At the press conference things got a little out of hand for a second. Remember they pushed each other? That was real. My back really hurt afterwards because I really grabbed Kimbo and I didn’t know what was about to happen. I had to calm Kimbo down. They wanted 10 percent deducted from Ken for pushing. I had to calm them all down and then I go back to the hotel. The next day like two in the afternoon I get a text from Rich Chou that Ken is cut. Friday night, unbeknownst to me, Ken Shamrock calls Jeremy Lappen and possibly some Showtime execs and tries to get more money for the fight. Unbeknownst to me. I’ll take the Bob Arum route and say I was lying yesterday and today I’m telling the truth [about Shamrock asking for more money].I stormed to the arena and I literally tried to lunge at Ken Shamrock’s head. I was like, ‘You’re in the WWE. You really don’t think I know a razor cut? My father was a commissioner way back when. Let’s get real. What fighter is sparring the day of a fight? Rolling around on a mat? Come on, bro. I really hoped the doctors were going to let the fight go, but they wouldn’t let the fight go. Then Jeremy said he had Petruzelli and my throat dropped to my stomach because I knew that was a really bad match-up because Kimbo has bad knees. Then I called Kimbo and they didn’t even want to come to the arena. He was deflated. He was so pumped up and this deflated him. I had to convince him to come to the arena. Then I had to call Gary. He was in Washington. He had a fight that night and he sat in his hotel room on a conference call with me and Kimbo negotiating with Kimbo on behalf of CBS to get the fight off. Kimbo wanted a million dollars.”

About whether or not the fight was fixed or if he offered Seth money to keep the fight standing:

“I don’t really have a tell-all book. I don’t want to make any more money in MMA. I don’t really care what happens in my name. There was nothing fixed about that fight. I could give two shits if it went to the ground. Ken Shamrock was going to go to the ground. I was scared of this guy’s K-1 legs. There was no fix, but there was an offer of a fix that night. Should I get some police protection after this….no, just kidding. Frank Shamrock pulled me in the back of a room, turned the music up and offered to work the fight against Kimbo Slice. I almost threw up in my own stomach because I had thought for the past six months prior to that that he and Cung Le had fixed their own fight unbeknownst to me again, because I just can’t understand why Frank Shamrock didn’t go to the ground against Cung Le. I really don’t. I still don’t, but then my stomach made me throw up in my own mouth and I had to swallow it. I was like, ‘Uh, Frank, I don’t fix fights.’ And he was like, I’ll make up for my brother and…’ I was like, ‘Yo. Are you not hearing me? I don’t do that.’ Sure enough, what’s karma? I get accused of fixing a fight right after. Any day anybody in MMA wants to take a lie detecter test and someone will pay for it, I will be there to take the test and I will pass on everything I am telling you. Of course he’s going to hear it and he’s going to deny it and he’s going to swear at me. He’s going to do everything. I don’t care. I’m not trying to ruin the guy. He’s got a career, you’re not going anywhere. You’re a good announcer, your career is over and you tried to do what was best for the company because he had a piece of the company back then. He was a percentage owner. I’m not hating on him, but at the same time, I’m pure. Anyone who wants to label Jared Shaw or Gary Shaw as being unpure in the sport, you’re going to have to take a second look at what you’re thinking. Nothing is ever what it appears to be. I’m tired of living with that myself. The only other person who knows is Ariel Helwani because I told him a long time ago, but he asked me to never say anything. Sorry Ariel. After you got your story [on Zuffa buying Strikeforce] the other day, I had to give Sherdog something.”
    http://www.cagepotato.com/jared-shaw-claims-frank-shamrock-offered-to-step-in-for-ken-shamrock-against-kimbo-and-was-willing-to-take-a-dive/
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo Empty Re: Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Frank's response...

"It sounds like he's trying to sell a book or something, or write a movie script. Where would I get the music at? What are you talking about here? Do I just carry a beatbox with me?"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/21/frank-shamrock-i-did-not-offer-to-take-a-dive-against-kimbo-sli/
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo Empty Re: Elite XC matchmaker claims Jared Shaw Claims Frank Shamrock offered to take a dive against Kimbo

Post  Cowboys From Hell Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

What ?

What did I just stumble up on what is Jared "$kala" Shaw on about. Laughing

I would never believe a word a Shaw says he seems butt hurt his "talents" never amounted to anything, sucked as commentator, sucked as a lame rapper, sucked because his reality show never got picked up He just plain sucks.

Watching the 1st minute of this how can you believe anything they say. Laughing

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Jared Shaw is a fucking waste of skin.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah Frank threw the Cung Le fight, "Ok buddy you break my arm in the 3rd and ill take a dive" Laughing

I think there might have been smarter ways of throwing a fight that having your arm smashed!

Anyway Frank was making a comeback in that fight, no way he wanted to loose... Shaw is a ballbag and I wouldnt believe his work over a legend like Frank.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 am