THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+21
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
Sly Uses
Sheldan
sunthunder
payneNglory1
pinsman
Mryzyz
Cowboys From Hell
wilksdaman
Once Mohawked Pete
Shanemc
1972-casual
2brutal
Paolo_73
redmeanie77
efils_god
Albion_Oakley
Ginginho
Moose Stuff For Money...
JStans1985
25 posters

Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner?

JStans1985
    JStans1985
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner? Empty Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner?

Post  JStans1985 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:46 am

I had to re-wind and look a few times, but to me it looked like after Bisping got the victory he went over to Rivera's corner to rub it in, but then appeared to spit before he walked away! If he did spit at them I think that's going further below the belt than Jorge did throughout the build up!

Did anyone else see this? Did he spit or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner? Empty Re: Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner?

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:09 am

He did spit. Bisping claims he was spitting on the deck in front of them, Rivera's corner claim it landed on his boxing coach.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner? Empty Re: Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner?

Post  Ginginho Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

He definitely spat at them

Did Bisping Spit at Rivera's Corner? Scoachesufc127

Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 am

Filthy
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 am

what a lowlife cunt
    JStans1985
    JStans1985
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  JStans1985 Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't agree with that at all. Spitting at someone is very disrespectful, and I think is a lot worse than Jorge talking trash and making funny videos
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Did people not know about this? There was a thread with a poll saying should he be suspended.

Thats why i was amazed at how people yesterday were defending Bisping. If anyone here thinks that this is ok, then that would really astonish me.
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Really disappointing from Bisping. Can't say I'm his biggest fan but he is a Brit so I have always supported him, but this is just a real let down, totally classless.

The Brits are starting to look like real poor sportsmen on the world stage, with Daley punching Kos after the bell and now this.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:23 pm

I said it yesterday was that not at least as bad as what Semtex did, what an idiot there is an article on the mma part of the bleacher report with the most disliked fighters bisping Semtex and hardy are all on there not good press for us brits
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:35 pm

The Brits come to fight and bring it, unlike some of the Americans who come to bore the sh1t out of us. I do agree that this is a sport and a growing sport which doesn't need behaviour like we saw on Sat night but fights get hyped up and fighters get wound up and react.

This is a combat sport in more ways than one and I don't think people should get too excited about things when they spill over. All in the name of entertainment!
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:24 pm

I hardly think spitting on someone is entertainment.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:28 pm

I didn't say it was.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Bisping should be suspended for that theres no space in the sport for that kind of behaviour
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Very similar to Lesnar's behaviour after he beat Mir. Got in his face and mouthed off on the mic after.

I don't think Bispings behaviour was great and I'm sure he regret's the spitting incident which i think he'll receive punishment for.

Really people should be looking at Rivera for starting all of this but the Bisping haters are hard at work.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 pm

1972-casual wrote:I didn't say it was.

OK fair enough, seemed like you were implying it by claiming everything that happened was OK in the name of entertainment.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Not a bisping hater at all, think he does a good job of popularising MMA in the UK. Just despise spitting, it really winds me up.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Albion, agreed on all counts.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:55 pm

1972-casual wrote:Very similar to Lesnar's behaviour after he beat Mir. Got in his face and mouthed off on the mic after.

I don't think Bispings behaviour was great and I'm sure he regret's the spitting incident which i think he'll receive punishment for.

Really people should be looking at Rivera for starting all of this but the Bisping haters are hard at work.

I don't agree. Whatever people thought of the videos, there was nothing too offensive in them, most people just thought they were either funny or lame, which is fair enough. I don't see where Jorge insulted Bispings family, as he claimed....

If Bisping had not kneed/spat his way to victory, no-one would say anything about the videos, but since bisping blew up, you want to blame Rivera for his behaviour? Fair enough, he goaded him, but it was bisping who lost his cool completely and should face the consequence of his actions.
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Efils, I think Bisping will receive some sort of punishment for the spitting which was unacceptable. Other than that I though it was quite good to see Bisping fired up and giving out some sh1t.

I'm sure if someone goaded you enough you'd bite evetually - it does happen.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm

1972-casual wrote:Very similar to Lesnar's behaviour after he beat Mir. Got in his face and mouthed off on the mic after.

I'm sorry man, but, Bisping has made a rod for his own back, by being completely disrespectfull to pretty much all he has fought. You cannot start gobbing about your opponents and then whinge cos they're doing the same.

By the way, I was also equally condeming of Lesnars antics at the time.

But I do hate Bisping.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

I think everything else he did was tolerable, unsportsmanlike, but tolerable. The spitting however is just disgusting.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:51 pm

He certainly did he showed his true colours he is as class lees as they come I mean 90% of people would have laughed off Jorge's antics not get all emotional on face lees claims (All the video's were obviously done in jest) I hope the UFC force him to fight Silva or Sonnen next he needs some humility beat in to him.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Bisping should be made to spit into a 2 litre jug until it is filled to the brim, and then forced to eat a whole packet of jacobs crackers.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

HA HA HA HAAAAA! Razz that would be solid!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I was over the moon that Bisping battered Jorge,and I didn't mind any of the,Bisping raising his hands to get the crowd going after the Illegal Knee or still being pissed at Jorge after winning and continuing to show and tell the twat what he thinks of him,but as for the spitting shit,well that is about as low as you can go,the actions of a classless punk,Bisping,in that moment acted like a grade A scumbag.

Still glad he battered Jorge though cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:48 am