THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
rudeboyben84
Paolo_73
The_Axe_Emperor
7 posters

Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania Empty Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 pm

I never thought I’d be writing a headline like that in a month of Sunday’s but there you have it. In an interesting twist, WWE owner, Vince McMahon is continuing to insist that former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar will return to the squared circle to battle the legendary ‘Undertaker’ at Wrestlemania later this year.
    Posting via his message board, inside man Dave Meltzer said:

“Vince today was saying Undertaker’s Mania opponent is Lesnar. Not making this up.”

“I can’t say 100%, but can say 99.5% that Vince has offered Dana plenty of money as part of this deal. That was always the idea of what they needed to do to get the deal. Maybe part of the deal is Dana is sworn to secrecy till it happened, remember how many times he denied Tito was hurt and Liddell was fighting Franklin. Maybe Dana turned him down. It’s not like Vince has the money and would spend it on this show that will make Dana do something he doesn’t want to. But I’m pretty sure that offer was made many months ago.”

The move would be a terrible one for Dana White and the UFC if they allow him to head back to the WWE for one last fight, making a mockery of the sport in spite of the masses of money that’s likely to be chucked in their general direction. As for Lesnar, you can’t blame him for wanting to make a large sum of money for one nights work but he could be undoing any progress he’s made with mixed martial arts fans over the past few years.

Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania Empty Re: Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Post  Paolo_73 Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

It's no problem, Ken Shamrock guest refereed at Wrestlemania and came back to the UFC with every bit as much honour and respect as he had always commanded Very Happy

Seriously though, I don't think many people's opinions of him will change if he does this. People who love him must like the WWE side to his personality, while people who hate him will just carry on hating. People who are indifferent will just ignore it.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania Empty Re: Vince McMahon says Lesnar to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Coleman
    Randleman
    Minowaman
    Frye
    Shamrock
    Crocop
    Skuraba
    Severn
    Tank Abott
    Lashley
    Sapp

etc.. have all done Pro Wrestling while being still active Fighters, im sure there more but my point is I dont see why its a step backwards, for me its like Letting Liddell on dancing with the stars.

Let him go do Wrestlemania, earn Dana and him some money and build more hype round TUF... Works for me.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:57 pm

i think Minowa is booked against Takafumi Ito on january 30th Razz
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 am

Vince McMahon could buy and sell Dana White and Zuffa. If he's allowed to basically rent Brock for Wrestlemania it'll be a joke. Especially since the world knows that Brock will be scripted to lose making it pointless.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 am

didnt fedor turn down ufc because he wanted to do other shows and dana said no?
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:57 am

Anyone wonder if a deal has been struck here, Brock is allowed to appear in Wrestlemania, in return he has agreed to do TUF and fight JDS?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:33 pm

just spend the last couple of hours reading various fighting websites and they are all saying taker is facing kane at wrestlemania. meaning lesnar isnt.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:36 am

I think Taker will come back and win the Royal Rumble and then go onto the Wrestlemania and face the champion and lose, thus ending the streak and he'll retire.

Or he will return at the Rumble, eliminate Kane as Kane once did to him when he first appeared in the WWE and set up a match with Kane at WrestleMania where he will win and continue to wrestle for another year.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am

nah taker isnt going till he is 21-0 mate taker said 20 was easy to beat in the future.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 am

sorry mate didnt read you properly. maybe kene is to lose at this rumble. whats your thoughts on them extending the rumble from 30 to 40 stars.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Well I'm sort of torn. It will either make it too drawn out, or it'll make for a really fast paced rumble. They set aside a maximum of 1 hr 10minutes for the rumble. That includes the introductions at the start and the winners celebration. If they keep the same time scale then 40 will make it more exciting. If they extend the time it might be too long.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:04 am