THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Anfields5thKing
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
Moose Stuff For Money...
7 posters

Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract Empty Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Strikeforce announced today that welterweight champion and Gracie jiu-jitsu black belt Nick Diaz (23-7, 1 NC) has signed a new multi-year, multi-fight deal with the San Jose, California-based promotion.

Details of deal, including the duration and whether or not the contract is non-exclusive were not released, but with the signing Diaz put to bed rumors that he was angling for a return to the UFC to compete alongside his Team Cesar Gracie teammate Jake Shields when his Strikeforce contract ran out.

“I’m looking forward to continuing my career with Strikeforce,” said the 27-year-old Stockton native. “When I first got here, there weren’t a lot of great 170-pound fighters for me to fight, but that’s definitely changed. There’s a lot of really good fighters in the division now and I’m ready to fight anyone who thinks they can beat me.”

8-0 in his past eight fights, Diaz has only lost one fight in the past two years, which was a result of a stoppage due to a cut he sustained in his first bout with KJ Noons at Elite XC: Renegade in 2007. He was released by the UFC following back-to-back wins over Josh Neer and Gleison Tibau in his last two Octagon appearances.

Diaz won the Strikeforce 170-pound strap in January when he defeated prospect Marius Zaromskis by first round TKO. He has since successfully defended the belt against Noons in their much-anticipated rematch in October that saw Diaz win via unanimous decision. In non-title action this year Diaz also finished Hayato "Mach" Sakurai by first round armbar at DREAM 14 in May.

His first bout on his new contract will see Diaz make his second title defense on January 29 against Chuteboxe fighter Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (18-13) in the main event of the appropriately named Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg event in San Jose.
    http://www.cagepotato.com/strikeforce-locks-nick-diaz-multi-year-contract
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract Empty Re: Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:19 pm

One good thing to come of this is we've gotta see Diaz Vs Daley after Diaz has beaten Cyborg.
    How many fights or how long does every see this contract lasting??

After Cyborg and Daley I can't see many other interesting fights for Diaz, I suppose there's the rubber match against Noons and the grudge match against Mayhem but who else is there???
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract Empty Re: Strikeforce Locks Nick Diaz Into a Multi-Year Contract

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:44 pm

He could move up to MW and go after Jacare. There's a rematch with Lawlor. There's Kennedy who's a tough fight for anyone. Obviously at 170 Woodley looks a great prospect and is a potential opponent down the line.
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  exiledinmanila Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Meh,til strikeforce fold and ufc buy their contracts out in a year or two anyway.After Daley,Cyborg,theres nothing there.I like noons but ww title shot?ha
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:07 pm

exiledinmanila wrote:Meh,til strikeforce fold and ufc buy their contracts out in a year or two anyway.After Daley,Cyborg,theres nothing there.I like noons but ww title shot?ha

Cyborg, Daley, Woodley, middleweights, Noons rubber match, there are a few fights for him.

Noons getting a title shot wasnt ridiculous at all.
    the last guy to beat Diaz, dominating him, and on a great win streak moving up in weight class.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:30 pm

exiledinmanila wrote:Meh,til strikeforce fold and ufc buy their contracts out in a year or two anyway.After Daley,Cyborg,theres nothing there.I like noons but ww title shot?ha

with this level of stupidity i understand why you are exiled.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:

Cyborg, Daley, Woodley, middleweights, Noons rubber match, there are a few fights for him.

Noons getting a title shot wasnt ridiculous at all.
    the last guy to beat Diaz, dominating him, and on a great win streak moving up in weight class.

Im sure he meant Cyborg title shot, and ha ha INDEED Exclamation

Cant see Diaz moving up to middleweight either, thats just a fantasy from someone here, where SF go against the unified rules by the state athletic commision and change the weight limits for each weight class or something.....

Welcome to the forum Exiled, look forward to reading more hard hitting knowledgable posts from you.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:16 pm

So i see you're back to being the dickhead you were when you first joined. Good stuff. Comical attempt at telling me YOU wanted me to be nicer to people. Sorry, who the fuck are you?

His post is garbage. From start to finish.

There's nothing to indicate Strikeforce will go out of business. A very profitable company who are making great progress. Compare where they are now(4 years after their first event) to where the UFC were in 2005(4 years after the Fertitta's bought it). Miles ahead.

And both the UFC and Strikeforce have things in their rules that are in line with "unified rules" which don't need to be followed in terms of weight classes anyway. Each promotion is free to set their own weight classes as long as they file them with the relevant commissions. Perhaps if you weren't pretending to be knowledgable you might actually learn something.

After Daley and Cyborg there's nothing? Tyron Woodley is one of the brightest prospects in MMA. And they have access to Ben Askren.

Noons holds a win over Diaz, Diaz asked for the fight. Therefore the title shot was deserved.

Oh, and welcome to the forum?? He joined before you genius!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Tell us about your other fantasy how Anderson beats Shogun and GSP for the titles, retires and decides to come back to MMA after few months to sign with SF.

That was a good one. I think we all can learn a few things from what you imagine in your head.

Dont be scared homie
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm

you think your Nick Diaz?

Anderson is the best fighter in the UFC. There's nothing for him to fear in stepping up to face Shogun or dropping down to fight GSP. He has the beating of both.

After that, they only fight left for him would be Fedor.

I know it's hard for your little fanboy brain to understand. Do I get your name or your Av when Silva knocks out Vera tonight?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I have to keep my av for another 2 weeks i think. So its got to be name.

Thats true, i dont understand alot of the rubbish you post. Can you please explain to my little brain fanboy brain, how Machida was off balance and that was alucky punch from Shogun please?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Eh, he threw a knee, therefore he did not have his feet planted and was off balance. I thought you were a medical student. Surely you must have some concept of momentum and balance. If your momentum is pushing your body one way, then your balance is going to be off.

And Shogun's punch hit him in the temple rather than the jaw where it was aimed at. Machida's own efforts to block the punch meant that Shogun missed his target. When Machida hit the ground he wasn't even slightly dazed. Shogun fell into a mount.

And what a nice name you shall have.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:54 pm

I will give 100 internet points to anyone else who can translate this fanboy excuse^ into a logical explanation that I and atleast one other forum member can fully comprehend.

I cant wait to see what name you have in store for me, can you tell me what you had planned even if Vera wins please.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:58 pm

of course.

So are you attempting to claim that Machida's feet were planted and that his balance was 100%? Or perhaps Shogun's punch did not land on his temple?? Maybe he was unconscious when he hit the ground?? Which of these are are you claiming?
    exiledinmanila
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  exiledinmanila Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 pm

strikeforce have access to askren?that changes everything lol
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:21 pm

anfield the judo master should know that you gotta strike when they are off balance!

anyways Red...Nick Diaz fought Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock at middleweight, it really happened, not a dream! Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:58 pm

exiledinmanila wrote:strikeforce have access to askren?that changes everything lol

Yeah I'm sure having access to the best 170lb wrestler in MMA makes no difference. After all, there's no decent wrestlers at 170 in the UFC is there? No wait, that's not right.........

GSP
    Fitch
    Kos
    Shields

So, on review 4 of the top 5 UFC WW's are primarily wrestlers, and Strikeforce have access to the best wrestler in the weight class. Even with limited striking(as have Fitch and Shields), he'll be a top 10 WW within the next. With Diaz and Daley that would give Strikeforce at least 3 of the top 10.
    elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  elmatadorafa Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Brown Pride wrote:I will give 100 internet points to anyone else who can translate this fanboy excuse^ into a logical explanation that I and atleast one other forum member can fully comprehend.

I cant wait to see what name you have in store for me, can you tell me what you had planned even if Vera wins please.

I really want those points, but i cant help you here. Seems like your friend is still butt hurt that his hero got knocked out by Shogun.

"...Nick Diaz fought Scott Smith and Frank Shamrock at middleweight, it really happened, not a dream"

That was catchweight though, what makes you think Nick is moving up to MW to take on the likes of Jacare and Lawler when he cant fight Mayhem at 185lb, a guy who he really hates.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:06 pm