THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
7 posters

Diaz- Cyborg Title Bout headlines Jan 29 Strikeforce

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Diaz- Cyborg Title Bout headlines Jan 29 Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty Re: Diaz- Cyborg Title Bout headlines Jan 29 Strikeforce

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't think Healy is a bad fighter by any means, and I certainly don't think he's a bum. He's a bit of a journeyman but a pretty decent one. With that being said, Thompson had just fought Melendez for the title, he was top 5 in Strike force (I think) and at the time was top 15. Before a bunch of serious injuries he was top 10.

But again, this for me was a clever mismatch because Thompson really needed a simple fight after more than a year out and then fighting a top 10 (now a top 2 LW) LW as his first fight back, so for me that was a piece of good matchmaking.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Diaz- Cyborg Title Bout headlines Jan 29 Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty Re: Diaz- Cyborg Title Bout headlines Jan 29 Strikeforce

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:37 pm

counting out Cyborg......tskkk

he is tough as hell, good standing and decent on the ground, hits hard.....steamrolled Zaromskis alot more easily than Nick did.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I think he diserves a shot, a dominant win over Whitemare in his 170lbs debut is amazing. If Daley wants a couple of fights before Diaz that cool but Cyborg is the next most qualified quy for a crack at Diaz and he offers the same sort of threat Daley does in that he is a big Ww with enough power to put Diaz to sleep in one shot. Dude held his own with Manhoef on the feet cant think of too many Welters who would do that.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Why exactly is Zaromskis still held in such a high regard? Even after being found out.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:32 am

He hasn't really been found out.

He was beaten by a top 6 WW who dwarfed him but he still managed to drop. And then beaten by a MW who had cut down to WW and again, dwarfed him.

Zaromskis is a very good fighter. He belongs at 155 though. Zaromskis vs Noons is the fight I wanna see.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:21 am

With Cyborg's power you can never count him out, but I just think Diaz is a far better and more skilled fighter.

While I agree Zaromskis is better suited to LW, he isn't on Noons level IMO. Noons is far more skilled standing up and I don't think Zaromskis is up to much on the ground. I think Noons would spark him in 2 rounds easily.

Noons along with Thompson and if he gets his shit together then maybe JZ are the guys who could potentially beat Melendez outside the UFC. I think Melendez is just a terrible match up for Aoki and I can't see him beating Melendez. Noons should drop back down to LW, where at his best he is a top 10 LW and can become a champion. He'd be the first fighter in a while that has had a pretty big advantage over Melendez standing. Also it would be a hell of a fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:57 am