THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
the_king
efils_god
poz
payneNglory1
9 posters

Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios Empty Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Tomas Rios - Joe Rogan calling a Brazilian kick the "question mark kick" during Griffin/Lentz is pantheon level cluelessness.

Joe Rogan - He's a dumb cunt. That's exactly what it's called. Before it was ever the Brazilian kick it was also called a "fake front kick roundhouse kick."

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Rogans the man! Rios is a punk who knows dick about MMA

The Voice Michael Schiavello - It got called The Brazilian Kick because Francisco Filho would throw it to great effect and then other Brazilians like Feitosa would use it similarly... so the Japanese mostly dubbed it the Brazilian Kick as a catchy gimmick because the Brazilians (started with Filho) made it their kickboxing specialty. Before that it was called, commonly, a question mark kick because the foot paints an invisible question mark in the air as it travels.

BTW even before Filho was using it, other Brazilians like Ademir daCosta used it... but Filho made it truly famous.

BTW again... Filho used to call in often just a Kubi Geri (kobe geri) or neck kick.

It has also been called an upside down kick because you sneak OVER the top and the opponent's defense and then come down with the kick.

But hey, a dumb cunt wouldn't know this!

Sean McCorkle - Statements like that are exactly the reason I got Rios fired from Sherdog

Some of Rios' mockery of Rogan

Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios Fffffnp

Joe Rogan - Rios no longer writes for Fighters Only magazine. I got him fired. First time I've ever done this to a so called mma journalist, but I've had more than enough of these f**king zeros clogging up the sport with their incompetent bullsh*t.

You wanted my attention, f**got? You got it.

Rios offers Bloody Elbow an exclusive statement

First things first, as far as I know I'm still freelancing for Fighters Only. My opinions of Joe Rogan's commentary are entirely my own and in no way reflect the opinions of anyone at Fighters Only. I've often taken issue with Rogan's commentary and stand by my comments. His usage of terminology and analysis that is reflective only of his own training background and not that of the fighters actually in the cage is grating. Disagreements on semantics are secondary however to the issue of how he reacted to the controversial decision in the Tyson Griffin/Nik Lentz bout. Before the decision was even announced he was defending the possibility of Lentz winning. Based on the judging criteria in the unified rules of MMA, Griffin should have won the decision and every major MMA media outlet at the event scored the bout for Griffin.

With that out of the way, I'd like to make it clear that none of this matters. My comments were aimed exclusively at Rogan's commentary. He has responded with homophobic language which I consider unfortunate at best. There are many LGBTQ fans of MMA who are forced to deal with this sort of language in their daily lives. If I regret anything about what I said, it's that it made him feel the need to use the language that he did. I know many people who read this will be dismissive of what I'm saying, but the fact remains we live in a world that makes the lives of LGBTQ people difficult at best. I hope Rogan apologizes to the people he offended.

Rogan apologizes for the use of a slur in reference to Rios:

I apologize for my use of the word "fa*got." I enjoy that word immensely, and although I do not intend for its use to be interpreted as a negative term for homosexuals, but rather as I've always used it to imply that a person is weak and pathetic, which I believe Rios to be. I understand that in this ultra-sensitive, politically correct world we live in one must be careful of the words they choose, for in choosing the wrong one you can give your adversary a new angle of distraction, as I see Rios is concentrating on that now instead of owning up to the fact that he has no f*cking idea what the proper terminology of the kick he criticized me of describing was.

What's really important is not a hot button insult word, or a disagreement on terms used to describe techniques, but rather completely incompetent reporters masquerading as martial arts experts. Rios is a negative a**hole that consistently insults fighters and produces fight breakdowns that resemble what I would expect from an angry failure with no friends who has spent too much time alone with a thesaurus trying to convince people that he's clever.

I have sat back and watched this shit-head spout out his horrible, disrespectful nonsense for a long time, and was truly happy when he was fired by sherdog, and absolutely perplexed when I found out that Fighters Only Magazine is actually giving him actual real money for the bulls*it he's trying to pass off as journalism.
    Fighters Only is one of the very best magazines in the sport, and as per my correspondence with them I'm delighted that I'm not the only one that thinks he's an a**hat and a terrible journalist.
    When I saw that he had opened his dumb trap about me I welcomed the opportunity to shut him up.

As for my use of the offensive word "f**got" please accept my apologies and replace it with "c**k-sucker."

Thank you, and good day.

poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios Empty Re: Joe Rogan vs Tomas Rios

Post  poz Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Would that be what I used to call a hook kick in TKD? i.e left leg up and across the body and whip back across with the heel? Didn't see the fight so can't envisage it.
    Ah, no should of youtube'd it first Embarassed
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:02 pm

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 pm

"As for my use of the offensive word "f**got" please accept my apologies and replace it with "c**k-sucker."

Way to remove the homosexual connotations there Joe!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

these spats i read from twitter are amusing. i dunno who is at fault here but they need to grow up so what if he called the kick wrong.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Rogan showing Dana White levels of ignorance. He's a terrible commentator who's knowledge of BJJ is due to have Eddie Bravo sitting beside him. Notice, when George S was in the ring fighting, Rogan never called any of the moves in advance, he stumbled along cluelessly.

Rogan is a cock.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 am

Im pretty sure Bravo quit that role a good few months ago.

Edit: Here it is.........

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/247548/Report-Eddie-Bravo-quits-UFC-on-eve-of-116/
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 am

Bravo quit his on-air role. He still sits next to Rogan at every event and tells him what to watch for. You can often here him say things during commentary.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Bravo quit his on-air role. He still sits next to Rogan at every event and tells him what to watch for. You can often here him say things during commentary.

so rogan is like a puppet i wasnt aware of this lol. iv always known he was a bit of a dick.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Nobody knew it, it seems to be just Anfield who knew it, and its no coincidence he also hates Rogan... scratch
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 pm

No, anyone who has been to over multiple UFC events will be aware of it if you've had decent seats. I've been to countless events and seen them sitting next to each other at every single one and Eddie himself has said on a number of occasions that part of his role was to share his BJJ knowledge once the fight hits the ground.

As for how I know he's still doing it, A close friend of mine attends pretty much every UFC event for one reason or another and when I met up with him after the recent UFC in the UK he mentioned that Eddie was still at every show because I'd seen Eddie at Heathrow Airport the day after the event which i thought was surprising and I brought up him quitting his official role. He's basically Rogans guest at every event now.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:39 pm

i listen to joe rogan podcast quite alot.

he is quite an interesting guy, they talk about some interesting thing on there...but under the surface Joe Rogan is a complete meathead.

Tomas Rios is a terrible writer.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Is the "Question mark kick" the same as the one that cro cop used against Pat Barry????
    I'm sure Rogan called that a crescent kick!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:46 pm