THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
The_Axe_Emperor
Anfields5thKing
Sly Uses
rudeboyben84
Gibmeister
9 posters

George 'The Chameleon' St. Pierre and his amazing "Ape" Technique.....

Gibmeister
    Gibmeister
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

George 'The Chameleon' St. Pierre and his amazing "Ape" Technique..... - Page 2 Empty Re: George 'The Chameleon' St. Pierre and his amazing "Ape" Technique.....

Post  Gibmeister Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:In all this, we've actually missed the point that the original post was a load of gibberish.

lol! In all honesty i didn't read it. Looks like one of Sherdogs trolls has made the journey East for the winter!

Sorry guys wasn't trying to troll, just want to be part of family. Looking back, it was a shit post.

Anyway one hit stand up KO for GSP, I think, this time, is what he is going to look for....

Freddie Roach is brought in to vary his game.

Edit: by the way, yes, I am flying east from NYC (I'm from East London)
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

George 'The Chameleon' St. Pierre and his amazing "Ape" Technique..... - Page 2 Empty Re: George 'The Chameleon' St. Pierre and his amazing "Ape" Technique.....

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:55 am

Gibmeister wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:In all this, we've actually missed the point that the original post was a load of gibberish.

lol! In all honesty i didn't read it. Looks like one of Sherdogs trolls has made the journey East for the winter!

Sorry guys wasn't trying to troll, just want to be part of family. Looking back, it was a shit post.

Anyway one hit stand up KO for GSP, I think, this time, is what he is going to look for....

Ah! You timed that edit just right, i was about to ask how you found this site if you're from the States Laughing

What makes you think GSP is gonna look for the KO?
    Gibmeister
    Gibmeister
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Gibmeister Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:18 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Gibmeister wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:

Ah! You timed that edit just right, i was about to ask how you found this site if you're from the States Laughing

What makes you think GSP is gonna look for the KO?

My company moved me here in '05, met an American girl and stayed.
    I was in Florida for a work trip in 06 and a client had a spare ticket for Ortiz Shamrock 3. I got hooked. I've been to a few others since: UFC 68, 78 and 114. Really avid. I then trained at Renzo's for 3 months (soooooo bloody expensive for what it really is!! and felt like on the production line at Fords, Dagenham) Gave that up, waste of time for me/white belts.

So, as my terrible effort of a 1st post kinda implied...GSP has to habit of wanting to prove to himself he has mastering all aspects of MMA by fighting to his top opponents only glaring weakness. With a serious partnership with Roach, I really feel GSP will look for (and get) the standing KO...

More importantly, he wants to 'prove' that his striking (karate) is just as great as his ground game.

Only my opinion, we will see, I guess? Thoughts??

found you guys from 606. Nice on guys. This is way BETTER than Sherdog. I'll just try to post better....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm

GSP has no power. How is he going to get a KO?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm

GSP does have power, not a lot garunteed but he does have power. Look at the Hieron and Sherk fights. ye I know they don't have great chins and Heiron is a poor fighter but it does show power and saying he has no power is short sighted. Besides power doesn't matter, if you hit some one enough times they will go out and thats how GSP finishes fights.

GSP has better standup than Kos, not as much power but much better standup. He has better kicks and better muay thai and if he hits him enough Kos will be finished.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:27 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:GSP does have power, not a lot garunteed but he does have power. Look at the Hieron and Sherk fights. ye I know they don't have great chins and Heiron is a poor fighter but it does show power and saying he has no power is short sighted. Besides power doesn't matter, if you hit some one enough times they will go out and thats how GSP finishes fights.

GSP has better standup than Kos, not as much power but much better standup. He has better kicks and better muay thai and if he hits him enough Kos will be finished.

like a wood pecker no power but eventually it will fell a tree.

i dont think we will see much stand up i think gsp will go for takedowns and kos will try and wrestle.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:36 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:GSP does have power, not a lot garunteed but he does have power. Look at the Hieron and Sherk fights. ye I know they don't have great chins and Heiron is a poor fighter but it does show power and saying he has no power is short sighted. Besides power doesn't matter, if you hit some one enough times they will go out and thats how GSP finishes fights.

GSP does not have KNOCKOUT power. He has never knocked anyone out in his entire career. Ben and the author of the first post said that GSP was going to knock him out. Knocking someone out is what Dan Henderson did to Bisping. GSP does not have the power to do that and Kos doesn't have the glass chin to allow it to happen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am