THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
the_king
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
11 posters

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:28 pm

It baffles me that anyone could WANT Brock to win this fight. I can see why people think he might but WANTING him to? He's a terrible ambassador for the sport, he's ridiculously limited and while he's champ the UFC will NEVER be able to claim to have the number 1 HW in the world.

Cain is a better fighter, a nicer person and a much better ambassador.Amazes me that people could want Lesnar to be champion over him. This garbage that Lesnar "brings the audience" is bullshit. All Lesnar does is line the pockets of his bosses. The people who watch his fights are WRESTLING fans. Not MMA fans. If Lesnar was helping to build the sport then every PPV would do a million plus. But it doesn't. The pro-wrestling fans only tune in to watch the pro-wrestler.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Cain's a nice guy, sure, but does that mean we should all root for him? This is an aggressive sport and whats the saying about nice guys and finishing where? To quote The Undertakers theme music, "Nice Guys, it's said they always finish last. But Badasses, always kickin assholes' own ass!!"

And how exactly is Brock a terrible ambassador for the sport? Hes big, strong, athletic, funny, exciting and polarizing. His interviews are always fun to watch, he is always fun to watch and therefore hundreds of thousands of people pay to do so, whether they like him or not. You either love him or hate him, and in your case its clear you hate him but i bet you'll pay to watch him tonight wont you?

And about the fans he brings? I don't give a shit if they're wrassling fans or darts fan or bloody bestiality fans, they're watching MMA and in the long run that can only be a good thing for the sport.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:59 pm

They only watch his fights. How does that benefit the sport in general?

Lesnar is an arrogant prick. His attitude and behaviour are awful. His antics after UFC 100 for example. He claims not to know who fighters are, claims not to watch the sport. He's clearly only in it for the money. Not the type of ambassador the sport needs. Hilarious attempts to use being big and strong as reasons why he's good for the sport. Viacheslav Datsik is big, strong and funny. He must be a great ambassador for the sport! Aleks Emelianenko is big, strong, funny, exciting and polarizing as well. He's also a terrible role model and ambassador for the sport.

And no I won't pay to watch Lesnar fight. I'll pay to watch Cain fight. I've been a Cain fan for a couple of years. Back on 606 myself and Pete were calling Cain the future of the HW division when he was fighting Brad Morris and Jake O'Brien. When he pounds Lesnar's face into the canvas at least myself and Pete will be able to say we didn't jump on a bandwagon. While those of you who have jumped on the Lesnar hype-train will be scrambling to get off and make excuses.

You're using a wrestling theme song to back up your argument? Are you sure you didn't got lost on your way to Sherdog.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm

No, i wasn't using it to back up my argument at all. It served no purpose in that post other than to annoy you and your hate for pro-wrestling, and that clearly worked.

Datsik and Emelianenko, big, strong, funny guys, but where exactly are they? Brock Lesnar is the HW champion of the biggest MMA organization in the world. He is much more important and its laughable to even compare him to them two in terms of whose better for the sport, although i'd expect nothing more from you to be honest, Cunt.

You'll pay to watch Cain fight? Right, i dont like being the one telling you this mate but he is fighting Brock? So you're paying to see him fight as well, just as you're paying to see Tito and Sanchez and McGee and the rest. Did you pay to see UFC 116? Or 100? Or 91? Oh wait, let me guess, you bought those to watch other fighters and not Brock? Rolling Eyes

Anyway Lesnar has been much more reserved since his illness, i agree that before the bout with diverticulitis he was a crap role-model but since it he's become more humble and polite, but still not too polite, he's gotta retain some of his badass image for marketing purposes of course. I refer you to the post-fight interview with Carwin for evidence.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Dont you guys live in the UK or Ireland? We dont pay for individual events.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:30 pm

It's the principal though Meanie, if we were in the position in which we had to pay for individuals, i guarantee Cunt would still buy Brock fights.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:53 pm

id pay to watch fight cheers for brock, i hope he is champ for years.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:13 pm

I like Cain alot more as a fighter, so i want to see him win.
    Lesnar really uses his size as a great advantage and not his skill. Not holding that against him, but i prefer to watch skilled fighters. Laughing
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:28 pm

I saw this on 606, apparently it's the Sherdog Pro's Picks...

Junior dos Santos: Both are very dangerous. Lesnar is the most dangerous in the early rounds but, like Cain, has a lot of gas. I think he will set the pace and manage to win by TKO after the third round.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: Velasquez is faster and a better wrestler, so he has the advantage in this fight. I think he wins.

Martin Kampmann: I think Cain will take it. Better cardio, better boxing.

Josh Thomson: Cain! Cain! Cain! Cain! Cain! Cain! By any way he wants!

Travis Lutter: I think Lesnar is going to be too much for Cain. He is so fast, so big and too good at wrestling.

Pros who picked Velasquez: 28
    Pros who picked Lesnar: 25
    Pros who couldn’t decide: 0
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I didn't have much time for Brock at all when he first started in MMA,but I slowly started warming towards him,and now there's no doubt about it,I like him.

At first I thought he was a direspectful dickhead,I wasn't to keen on his celebrations after the Herring fight,but to be fair loads of fighters do worse and in hindsight,I can understand his excitement,since his debut went horribly wrong for him against Mir and the pressure to get the win over a legit top 15ish fighter,Herring must of been huge,going 0-2 in his first UFC fights would of been a disaster for him(I mean he's been on a 5 fight win streak,won the title and has defended it twice,all against top end competition and he still can't get any respect from some)then you had his terrible reaction after beating Mir,but lets face it Mir had really gotten under his skin and talked alot of shit about him(first mma related death and all that)not thats ,that is a legit excuse for it,but we could all see from it,how it obviously did effect him.

Since that Mir fight though,he has been very respectful to all of his opponents, not talked any shit pre fight or post fight and just got on with becoming a better fighter. His training regime is pretty intense so we cant say he's sitting on his reputation. And saying shit like he just doesnt want to prostitute himself to the media so that fans like him is refreshing to me considering the amount of fighters that blatantly chase that kinda publicity, Tito for example!

Plus,his over coming a career and possible life threatening illness and returning,winning and defending his belt against a tough top flight undefeated opponent in his comeback fight,i see that as a great accomplishment and a great story,so that helped win me over.

I like Cain also,I love watching him fight,he is probably the best overall skilled HW in the game,but personality wise he's a boring sod,(plus he has his fair share of haters also,especially after the Kongo fight,and all the shit about his Brown Pride Tattoo)
    He can't in anyway sell a fight like Brock can without even trying,so for me,trying to claim that he is not good for the sport is ridicules,he trains hard,he respects the game,that's why he works so hard to improve himself and spends so much of his own money to make that possible.
    The way he obviously lives his life,in a simple way,I would say he has made enough money in his time to retire and live out that kind of lifestyle with no problems,so the "he's only in it for the money" bit,I don't really buy into that,I honestly believe he's in it for the competition and the challenge and nothing else.
    But for the most important reason,why he is the perfect champ out of all the UFC HW's,is he is the only one that can successfully and with ease,sell the sport to the masses.
    He draws attention no matter what he does,good or bad,which is something you can't learn,you either have that effect on people or you don't.
    Thats why no matter what he does or wins,there'll always be people out there that will hate on him,and the same if he loses a few,there's others that will constantly stand by him(like those deluded Cro-cop fans Razz )

On his skills,he might not be the best all around fighter in MMA,but he is still learning his craft and I think it would be daft to ignore how much his game has already improved a good amount in his short time in the game.
    Plus he's already done pretty bloody well in the sport,with the raw skills he possesses.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 am

really good post payne, it is just a popularity contest and its cool not to like sertain people... Brock ha to beat a couple more people in the HW division and to be hounist i think he's pritty much cleared it out lol!! To say Fedor would demolish him is clouded, Fedor would do a cro cop if he came into the UFC now i think... silent

The heavy weight division hs changed from the pride days, the guys are bigger, stronger, quicker and more well rounded than 10 years ago and im not just on about Brock im on about JDS, Cain, Carwin ect... its a different ball game now and i can understand why cro cop has been overwhelmed by it as would Fedor i think... anyway we will never find out because fedor will avoid the ufc now and continue to fight for second best its a crying shame
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 am

pinsman wrote:really good post payne, it is just a popularity contest and its cool not to like sertain people... Brock ha to beat a couple more people in the HW division and to be hounist i think he's pritty much cleared it out lol!! To say Fedor would demolish him is clouded, Fedor would do a cro cop if he came into the UFC now i think... silent

The heavy weight division hs changed from the pride days, the guys are bigger, stronger, quicker and more well rounded than 10 years ago and im not just on about Brock im on about JDS, Cain, Carwin ect... its a different ball game now and i can understand why cro cop has been overwhelmed by it as would Fedor i think... anyway we will never find out because fedor will avoid the ufc now and continue to fight for second best its a crying shame

whats wrong with you man??

in what respect is Carwin any better than Bob Sapp?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:09 am