THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
manschesthair_utd
pinsman
the_king
Albion_Oakley
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
redmeanie77
11 posters

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !! Empty Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:03 am

lol! lol! lol!

I think he's being serious actually.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !! Empty Re: Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:23 am

redmeanie77 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

I think he's being serious actually.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

"I don't know who he is?"

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !! Empty Re: Lesnar responds to Sonnen's comments !!

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 am

Either he's completely ignorant about the sport, or he gave a cowardly answer.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 am

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:Either he's completely ignorant about the sport, or he gave a cowardly answer.

Well i didn't see that comment coming, Cunt Razz
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 am

He's claiming doesn't know who Sonnen is. So either he's completely ignorant about the sport and is clearly just in it for the money.

Or it's a horrendous attempt at a put down, in which case he's taking a cowardly way out. A man threatens to throw his boot at you and then slap you. And openly mocks you in a clip seen by MILLIONS and you go with a horrendous "i don't know him" put down on the awful Jim Rome hosted, Rome is Burning?? Pathetic.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:47 am

You're reading too much into it, as always.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:51 am

pretty good tactic if you ask me, only other option was to not answer the question as you arent going to win a war of words with Sonnen
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:37 am

I actually heard Brock didnt know who Cain was until after UFC 116 when it was announced he will get the next title shot. Well maybe he knew him by name and reputation but he never saw him fight in the UFC.

The guy just lives in the woods, no internet or nothing watches just hunting shows on tv, and drives to and from death clutch gym for training. Shocked
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 am

Actually Brock should probably know Sonnen, from his wrestling backround. They both wrestled at the same time, both were NCAA champions around the same time.

And if you watched the press conference Brock was harping on about how wrestlers are dominating all the weight divisions. He even pointed that him, Tito, Shields, Cain and Hamill were all amateur wreslters sitting up there with him. So if he knows about Hamill's wrestling then he suely much know Sonnen, who was a silvermedalist at the world championship the year after Brock went 106-5 in college and became champion.

So i think it was a putdown.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:20 pm

i think he said that to avoid a slagging match with sonnen, if sonnen had of been a heavy he probably have come out with an answer.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Sonnen can't slag anyone off at the moment the guy is tarnished goods! I think thats quite a good put down to be hounist lol! Lesnar obv believesin himself that much that he doesn' feel he needs to involve himself with the rest of the org...

in all seriousness im kinda getting tired of the we all hate brock squad... its fashionable to hate certain people like him, and anderson. To me its just boring...

Brock is a really tough guy to beat he beaten all people put in front of him bar a first fight mishap! I can't really see him losing this fight... and I can't see anyone else beating... He's making the sport huge all over the world and has prob put the sport on the map as a commersial show... don't really have apoint to this rant accept I think he's not as bad as he's made out.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:06 pm

pinsman wrote:Sonnen can't slag anyone off at the moment the guy is tarnished goods! I think thats quite a good put down to be hounist lol! Lesnar obv believesin himself that much that he doesn' feel he needs to involve himself with the rest of the org...

in all seriousness im kinda getting tired of the we all hate brock squad... its fashionable to hate certain people like him, and anderson. To me its just boring...

Brock is a really tough guy to beat he beaten all people put in front of him bar a first fight mishap! I can't really see him losing this fight... and I can't see anyone else beating... He's making the sport huge all over the world and has prob put the sport on the map as a commersial show... don't really have apoint to this rant accept I think he's not as bad as he's made out.

i don't hate brock, or even dislike him.
    but i resent the esteem he is held in like some kind of unbeatable monster or legend of MMA ...or number one heavyweight Laughing
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm

I kinda think he is though mate, the guy is a monster, and he can take a dig lol. If say Cain doesn't beat him sat and say JDS loses to him next whoooooooooo is going to beat him???
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm

pinsman wrote:I kinda think he is though mate, the guy is a monster, and he can take a dig lol. If say Cain doesn't beat him sat and say JDS loses to him next whoooooooooo is going to beat him???

Fedor, obviously.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm

come on maaaaayn! Im as big a Fedor fan as anyone but he would not beat Lesar I don't wanna go into this as its talked about all the time but I couldn't see him winning! The weight difference would just be too big! Lesnar fights at like 245plbs and moves like a welterweight!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 pm

pinsman wrote:come on maaaaayn! Im as big a Fedor fan as anyone but he would not beat Lesar I don't wanna go into this as its talked about all the time but I couldn't see him winning! The weight difference would just be too big! Lesnar fights at like 245plbs and moves like a welterweight!

I was joking Smile
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:54 pm

pinsman wrote: Lesnar fights at like 245plbs and moves like a welterweight!
    Fights at about 270lbs and moves like a 245lbs fighter, more like
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:30 pm

ha ha I said moves! He's real quick mate you can't deny that!?!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Lesnar does NOT move like 170lb-er. Stop listening to Joe Rogan.

Fedor would destroy Lesnar. After the Carwin fight that is more clear than ever.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:02 pm

lesner moves quicker than anyone else his size.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:32 am

So? Does he move quicker than people at 205? No.

Does he move quicker than people at 185? No.

Does he move as quick as guys at 170? No.

Does he even move quicker than smaller HW's like Cain? No.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:07 am

Michael_Bisping_Is_A_Cunt wrote:So? Does he move quicker than people at 205? No.

Does he move quicker than people at 185? No.

Does he move as quick as guys at 170? No.

Does he even move quicker than smaller HW's like Cain? No.

Debate officially ended. Lesnar moves like a sack of fucking potatoes
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:38 am

i said he moves quicker than anyone else his size i didnt say 205 or 170, i meant mir went up to 265 and couldnt handle him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 pm

pinsman are you serious?

you think Brock weould beat Fedor?
    i give him around 10-15% chance of winning if they fought.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Going to death clutch is the best thing Barry could have done right, tremendous accomplished huge wrestlers there like Brock and Konrad, you also have Comprido and Paulson there and Marty Morgan. This gym is absolutely heaven for trying to work on your wrestling and ground game against 280 lb heavyweights.

I hear Mir is buying a fake moustache so he can disguise himself and go train there. Laughing

I hope Brock keeps Barry with him even after 121.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 am