THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video Empty SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Episode six launched with Team GSP wallowing in their loss, angered by Team Koscheck’s brash and disrespectful behavior. A brief verbal exchange between Michael Johnson and Josh Koscheck proves entertaining, ending on Kos’s note, “I’m not a dick.”

Sure buddy.

For a first this season Koscheck has control over the fight pick. He chooses number one choice Marc Stevens to meet Team GSP’s number six pick Cody McKenzie. McKenzie knows he’s the underdog, but it doesn’t seem to have any affect on the easy going McKenzie, who does manage a few jabs at Team Koscheck, labeling Stevens “Mini Koscheck“.

An interesting staredown unfolds as Cody gives Koscheck a chin nod. Kos seems a little stunned, but Stevens feels more driven by the sign of disrespect.

Fast forward a few minutes and the episodes first fight gets under way. Stevens and McKenzie make their way to the cage, both looking comfortable. That comfort however disappears in about 20 seconds.

Check out how it plays out: The two throw a few punches with Cody pressing forward. Stevens reacts naturally, shoots, gets caught in McKenzie’s trademark guillotine and… takes a nap. Team GSP regains control with a lopsided victory over Koscheck’s top pick. cheers cheers cheers

All the while Josh looks on, completely stunned.

Fast forward to the second fight of the evening, and GSP chooses Jonathan Brookins to clash with Team Kos’s alpha male personality, Sevak Magakian.

Magakian looks fierce during preparation, as Brookins looks nice and docile.

Fight time rolls around, and Brookins gets things started with a nice kick to the body. Sevak attempts to get a body lock, but Brookins tosses him with ease. From there Brookins worked methodically, sinking both hooks in from the standing position. Moments later Brookins had the rear naked choke sunk tight, and Sevak was left tapping.

Team GSP now leads the tournament 5-1. cheers

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Y196OJ5W
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video Empty Re: SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Was really impressed with Breukins. The more I see/hear Koscheck, the less I think off him. He is a prize prick. It's not just that he's a cunt, but, that he teaches those in his camp, nothing about respect.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video Empty Re: SPOILER:The Ultimate Fighter Season 12, Episode 6 Report and video

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:38 pm

completely agree Pete,I wasn't Kos's biggest fan before,but he didn't really bother me before to be honest.

But like yourself,everytime I see him now,my dislike towards him grows,he's just an ignorant meathead with absolutely zero class,but the worst thing about it,is most of his team are lapping it up and loving his shit,while you look at the way GSP's class and modesty is rubbing off on his team,they are mostly all,showing respect and proffesionalism towards Kos's team,(you wouldn't believe the score,if you just went by which team was being cocky and which team was staying quite)

I'm not blind enough though,to not put alot of this down to acting,hype building and editing but still,it's working,because I can't wait for GSP to kick the shit out of Kos now. Twisted Evil
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 pm

The look on Kos' face when stevens got choked out in 15 seconds was priceless! As was the camera filming the silence in their locker room afterwards!

GSP's team are steamrolling the series and the only fighter from Kos team who got thru so far is Phan who isn't even that good.

For the wild-card is it automatically one fighter from each team coming back?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 pm

that choke was funny and koschecks team could not believe it, im enjoying this season best for a while i think.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Cody McKenzie is seriously talented at guillotines, I can't quite understand why, if his technique is clearly so effective it hasn't been adopted as the norm.

Just look at his record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McKenzie

Last 10 fights have ended in first round guillotines. Thats an unheard of level of consistency.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

the thing with a record like his, is like carwin's 11-0 1st rnd ko's once one of his fights dont end like that the whole erora around it isnt there. i can see cody doing very well on this show i also like nam phan.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Yeah it's clear that he's not gonna be a world beater, but it seems the guy has more or less invented a guillotine method that works better than the usual technique. Deserves respect for that at least!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:14 pm