THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside

Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside Empty TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside

Post  Toquinho Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Has anyone else watched episode 4 yet? Brendan Schaub submitted Demico Rogers with an anaconda choke in the first round. It was quite one sided up to that point however, with Rogers taking Schaub down and doing some, if minimal, damage from inside the guard. Rogers then passed the guard and tried to gain mount i think, but Schaub managed to escape and this was when it went wrong for Rogers.

What do people think of the episode/fight, and also thoughts on Brendan Schaub for the rest of the competition?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside Empty Re: TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Rogers was in control of the fight but messed up going for the mount and Schaub did well to take advantage. Although he was on his back for most of the round I think Schaub will face easier fighters than Rogers in the competition so we'll get a better idea of what he can bring. Both Rashad and Greg Jackson had talked up his boxing abilities, however he barely landed a glove on Rogers.

Rampage's treatment of Rogers after the fight was a poor show.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside Empty Re: TUF season 10 episode 4.....spoiler inside

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:01 am

It's a shame really, I rated Rampage as one of my favorite fighters a few moths ago.
    First the A-team fiasco, and now this.

I hated his little meeting with the assistants, "They're too green", which I assume means inexperienced. Um, isn't a coach meant to change that??
    The mans gone down in my estimation.

Schaub looked good though, my tip to win.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Schaub looked good?? He was getting his ass kicked till Rogers made a mistake!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Yes you can make the case that he spent most of the fight on his back, but i'd expect that against a big guy. He kept it under control (to an extent), and made the most of his opponents mistakes.

It wasn't a dominant performance, but he did what he had to do to win
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Schaub did well to capitalise on a mistake, however Demico Rogers had him under control for most of the fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 pm

I don't call get put on your back and punched and elbowed in the face controlling the fight. Demico comes out of that fight looking better than Schaub. He made a rookie mistake. That's ok. Schaub got his ass kicked and got lucky. Reminds me a bit of Lesnar-Mir 1.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 am