THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Bellator 32 results.

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bellator 32 results. Empty Bellator 32 results.

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 am

Bellator 32 Live Results: Cole Konrad vs. Neil Grove

Round 1

Konrad and Grove start out slow, feeling each other out. Grove is looking for the one punch that could stop Konrad dead in his tracks while Konrad is keeping Grove guessing on whether he’ll stand and throw or going underneath. Konrad works two or three jabs. As soon as Grove lets loose a big left hook, Konrad ducks it and slams Grove to the mat. Konrad stands back up, letting Grove return to his feet. The two are circling one another again like it’s a boxing match, but just for ten seconds. Konrad rushes in and takes his opponent down with ease once more, but this time Konrad doesn’t let him up. Konrad is working Grove over to the edge of the cage and Grove is doing his best to hook his opponents head and rolls to either side. Konrad sticks to his wrestling strength and moves into a full mount. Konrad’s got all 265 plus pounds laying on Groves chest and an escape does not look likely. Konrad is methodical, taking his time to throw a few left hooks and right hammerfists on the grounded Grove. Konrad goes after an arm, begins to work on a keylock from the mount. Grove taps out and the fight is over. Konrad is the new Bellator Heavyweight Champion.

Official Result

Cole Konrad def. Neil Grove via keylock submission – Round 1, 4:45

Bellator 32 results. F5_ima10

Now, who predicted a first round sub for Konrad?

Bantamweight Tournament Final: Zach Makovsky vs. Ed West
    Makovsky defeated West by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46) to become the first Bellator Bantamweight Champion.

Welterweight bout: Ryan Thomas vs. Jim Wallhead
    Wallhead defeated Thomas by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Welterweight bout: Chris Page vs. Michael Chandler
    Chandler defeated Page via Submission (Guillotine) at 0:57 of Round 1.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bellator 32 results. Empty Re: Bellator 32 results.

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Konrad is a fat mess, Grove is a C level heavyweight. The Bellator Hw title means pretty much nothing. Is Pee WeeHerman still fighting for them? I think he would be a decent challenger for Konrad.

I havnt seen this fight but Im supprised he won, I really though Grove would light him up with some big strikes...

Konrad is so bad Wikipedia even describes his style as "Boring" Laughing

Roll on Alvarez vs Huerta!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Conrad looked alright last night,definitely Conrads best performance to date,Groves caused him absolutely zero problems,his takedowns were good,very explosive,lifting Groves clean off the floor and slamming him down,also he didn't just lay on top keeping controll,doing nothing either,I mean he wasn't throwing down bombs or anything but he methodicaly worked his way to full mount and showed his game is improving by pulling off a nice sub.

But I completely agree with you Ben on the fact that Groves is a C level fighter and the feild that entered Bellators first HW tourney was far from a strong feild of fighters,there for the belt doesn't carry much cred yet.

But credit were it's due,he's beat everything thats been put infront of him,and he hasn't even lost a rd in his MMA career so far,so he's doing something right.

the Wallhead-Thomas fight was pretty good,it was a stand up fight for two and a half rds.Wallhead started the first rd looking good,landed some nice 4-5 shot combos,but after Thomas landed a few good body kicks,it seemed to change the rd and Wallhead became more tentative and started to back pedal alot more,where I thought thomas became the agressor and landed more shots and won the rd.
    I honestly thought that Wallhead was going to lose after how that rd ended.

The second rd was very close,which I just scored for Wallhead,but what I was surprised from Wallhead by this point in the fight,he couldn't do anything in the clintch and looked shit scared to go to the floor either,which surprised me,especially against Thomas who's OK on the ground,but should never be someone at this level to be scared of going there with.

Wallhead actually went to ground with thomas in the last rd,but that was because Thomas actually pulled Wallhead down,where Wallhead landed into Thomas's gaurd,from there Wallhead was doing just enough not to get stood up.He landed a couple of nice elbows and managed to cut Thomas up abit,and stayed on top to win the rd.

I enjoyed the fight but i was expecting abit more from Wallhead in the clintch and on the ground.(It's probably the nickname Judo Jim that threw me(threw me Laughing ))

The West - Makovsky was a good fight,the scorecard was one of those that doesn't give a true reflection on a good close fight,I'm not saying the scores were wrong,just that it was a closer fight than what the scores suggest.
    I think both of these would have a good chance at holding there own in the WEC.

Come on Moose,bit slow on the videos today mate Razz

Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:Come on Moose,bit slow on the videos today mate Razz
    Laughing I've just logged on, nothing on Youtube. I think the channel I use might have been shut down again. Mad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Ryan Thomas vs. Jim Wallhead

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OE33HGCA
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Ed West vs Zach Makovsky
    I found a site with that shows this fight,it shows it's using Dailymotion,but for the life of me,I can't find this fight on Dailymotion
    s site to get the code so I can post it here,so here's a link to a site that is showing it,It's done my foooking head in Mad

http://tkohub.com/ed-west-vs-zack-makovsky-video-bellator-32/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:32 am