THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

K-1 World GP Final 16 (spoilers)

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

K-1 World GP Final 16 (spoilers) Empty K-1 World GP Final 16 (spoilers)

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Did anyone see this card this morning?

Sergei looked terrific and Im thinking he might be back to his old self. JLB was absolutely robbed. Mo looked good too, and no one expected Sefo to win. Schilt was given a much harder time than expected and finally Overeem KDs Ben Edwards, a guy known for his chin, three times in the first to get the win. Really fun card, same time tomorrow for the Max one.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

K-1 World GP Final 16 (spoilers) Empty Re: K-1 World GP Final 16 (spoilers)

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

damn! cannot believe i missed this, i thought it was tomorrow Sad

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieProphet420

Zombie Prophet has uploaded all the videos on there.

i have seen most of the fights...but not Schilt/Aerts/LeBanner

Overeem is unbelievable...each performance is more impressive than the last, they tried to handicap him by taking away the thai clinch...and he still knocks the guy out in the first round!
    He has to be favourite for the tournament...its just a question of whether he can handle the height of Semmy.

I am a big fan of Kyotaro, so i am glad he got through...from what i hear its a bit of a situation like Sakuraba/Mezger, or Sakuraba/Vovchanchyn...where an extra round is called for and LeBanner threw in the towel.

I am also a new Saki fan!! that guy is awesome.

bounce

cannot wait for december 11!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 pm

yeah great night of fights, overeem looked fantastic.
    Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:43 pm

i haven't managed to watch all the fights but Overeem, Ghita and Saki impressed me a lot. Ghita's leg kicks are excellent and then showed how much power he has in his hands as well. Overeem obviously blew Ben Edwards away, probably one of the favourites now but tougher matchups to come. Gokhan Saki was awesome, so fast and aggressive. Looking forward to seeing him in the next round, although him being pretty small may have a bearing on how far he can go
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Just seen the LeBanner/Kyotaro fight...don't know how you can say he was robbed, me, both commentators, and all 3 judges gave them a round each and a draw in the first round.

...i like LeBanner but he showed his french-ness the way he stormed off like that Twisted Evil
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 pm

meant to be tongue in cheek, but I failed
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Fuck, I had no idea it was on but I just finished watching everything.

I was so happy for Sergei, I always think he gets overlooked but he looked terrific yesterday. Hope he is back to his best.

I was happy that Spong won, i think he could be a dark horse this year. He has improved massively recently and he could do it. Sefo is a tough, experienced and very dangerous opponent but Spong put out a composed performance to beat him. Im with Spong in this tournament.

Mo looked good against a young, dangerous opponent but I don't see him doing much in this World GP. I think he'll exit at the 1/4 final stage.

Ghita and Saki got two nice KOs over solid opponents. I think these two could do it as well, I was impressed with Ghita. Zimmerman is a good kickboxer but Ghita sparked him. Saki was insane with his leg kicks and his power.

Texeira vs Aerts was a very close fight, I had Texeria but there was nothing in it. Im happy that Aerts is still going on but I can't help but feel slightly sorry for Texeria, i think he is a decent fighter.

Schilt vs Gerges was a suprisingly close fight, and it could have gone either way. Im happy Schilt got it because I think he has a better chance to win the whole thing, but he needs to improve dramatically for his next fight.

Im suprised JLB quit like that (although he is french Razz ) but credit to Kyatoro for gutting it out. Im not sure how JLB has left in the sport. Every year I think its his year but I don't think he ever will win a K-1 grand prix now. Shame.

Finally we get to Overoid. Ok I have to admit it was an insane performance. But it was over a solid opponent, a guy who is nothing special. He looked good and he could do it this year, although with every fiber in my body I hope he doesn't, but I could see Spong, Ghita or Saki giving him a shock on the way. And I do think they were right to take the Thai clinch, in a kickboxing tournament.

Great night of fights and I also can't wait for december 11th Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 am