THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Sly Uses
wilksdaman
the_king
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
13 posters

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:54 pm

erm red...

i didn't say he didn't. Wink

anyways IIRC it was the same sort of thing where he couldnt hold him down for more than a second...and he was hurt when the takedown happened...and its not like Kongo has bad takedowns...if you saw his last fight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 pm

erm Chesty

Im pretty sure Cheick fucking Kongo took down Cain.

Actually he fucking slammed him!! Start of the 3rd round!

erm Red...

Kongo has a background in greco roman and he is a big strong bloke. He picked him up and dropped him, no shame in that. Its always been Kongo's takedown DEFENSE that has been the problem, his take downs are decent.

If you want to put it like that, you could say Kongo took Herring down every time he tried and Lesnar missed a takedown against Herring.

I can't remember who first posted this video but its quite well done. Forget the Fedor stuff, it shows Lesnar's overated take down ability and shows him taking some big shots from Randy. If Cain hits him with those shots he will feel it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Payne, Cain beat Cole in Konrad's sophomore year, Konrad had since beaten Cain in his senior year where Cain finished 4th in that tourney.

oh Ok,as I said I'm no expert,I was just saying what I had read elsewhere.

Shouldn't take what others write as gospil,should do my own research Embarassed
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm

erm.... lol!

Ive always thought that its Kongo's grapling that its biggest weakness, not his actual wrestling. Anyway you cant really compare Kongo's greco roman to Randy anyway....

Both Cain and Brock have strong takedowns, both will be weary of each others wrestling, and both do not want to get taken down, paticularly Cain.

So in the build up to this fight, i dont think anyone can say that one cant take the other down, or one can take the other down at will....

Yeah Chesty and Chelsea, but Buentello and Herring arent exactly on Brock's level of td defense.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Actually ive just rewatched Kongo-Cain and Brock-Randy in the last hour or so. And i think Brock gameplan will be to use the cage to control Cain and work for the takedown.

Brock was able to control the great Randy against the cage at times during the fight, as he did Carwin in the last minute of 1st round, and Kongo was able to hold Cain against the cage a good few (but short) times in their match and even worked a takedown.

I think that will be his strategy that Poulsen was talking about in the vid i posted. Get ready for Mir-Crocop 2 Laughing

Both guys could cancel each other out in the 1st few rounds, but seeing as this is a 5 round fight, someone is getting knocked out or submitted early, or someone is going to gas and fall apart late in the fight. Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Safe to say the Brocktober is going to be a hit, look at how many comment already this thread has picked up in less than 24 hrs. Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:17 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:17 pm

I don't think his grappling is all that bad (I mean its not good either), he has only been subbed once and that's after he was rocked senseless.

But on the other hand I can think of 3 separate times when his take down defense has bit him in the ass.

Marrero, Herring and Velasquez. Only the last one is really forgivable.

I wasn't comparing Kongo's greco-roman to Randy but Kongo is much bigger and stronger than Randy so its not a surprise he did that to Cain.

True but Herring did block Lesnar's take down study
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 pm

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:25 pm

surely brock is a lot stronger than cain due to size and if he has a braincell in that massive 33lb head he will just hold onto cain for 5 rounds.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:46 am

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:erm guys....

i'm pretty sure Randy did take Brock down, even though it was for like 2 seconds he was on his bum..he still got him down.

Really? I don't remember that.

Just watched it again, and Couture got taken down and mounted, then squirmed out, got Brocks legs and dragged him down, Brock was on the bottom for literally les than a second Rolling Eyes

So you claim not to remember it and then confirm that Randy got a takedown?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 am

payneNglory1 wrote:I'm no expert either but I do know that Lesner and conrad were better wrestlers than Cain and had far more success.
    I think Brock is in the national wrestling hall of fame.

Cain did beat Conrad once but Cain is two years older and it happened in Conrads freshman year.

yeah he is in the hall of fame

http://www.wrestlinghalloffame.org/wrestlers.php?wrestler=2477

so is cole

http://www.wrestlinghalloffame.org/wrestlers.php?wrestler=11832

NCAA Champions are automatically entered into the Hall of Fame.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    manschesthair_utd wrote:erm guys....

i'm pretty sure Randy did take Brock down, even though it was for like 2 seconds he was on his bum..he still got him down.

Really? I don't remember that.

Just watched it again, and Couture got taken down and mounted, then squirmed out, got Brocks legs and dragged him down, Brock was on the bottom for literally les than a second Rolling Eyes

So you claim not to remember it and then confirm that Randy got a takedown?

Err, no, i didn't remember, then took the time out to watch it again, and saw that Brcok was on his ass for less than a second........... Fantastic "takedown".
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Was a great takedown. the fact that he didn't have full control doesn't take away from the takedown.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 am

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 am

the more i see build up and talk of this fight the more i look forword to it.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Brock clearly has a selective memory, refers to himself as the Toughest SOB and the Meanest SOB. Does he forget he turned and ran away from Carwin and then threw himself on the ground and stopped fighting??
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Digging the facial hair Very Happy
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Brock clearly has a selective memory, refers to himself as the Toughest SOB and the Meanest SOB. Does he forget he turned and ran away from Carwin and then threw himself on the ground and stopped fighting??

Maybe he did it on purpose to show the world he could take a beating, get back up then nigh on put shane Carwin to sleep? Very Happy
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Spike are going all out to make sure this is a great and happy Brocktober.

(SPIKE TV BROCKTOBER Schedule)

UFC PRIMETIME: LESNAR VS. VELASQUEZ
    Premiere Episode #1 - Wednesday, October 6 at 11:00pm
    Premiere Episode #2 - Wednesday, October 13 at 11:00pm
    Premiere Episode #3 – Wednesday, October 20 at 9:30pm

UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin (re-air)
    Wednesday, October 20 (7:00pm-9:30pm)

UFC UNLEASHED
    Lesnar vs. Herring – Wednesday, October 6 (7:00-8:00pm) and Saturday, October 23 (6:00pm-7:00pm)
    Lesnar vs. Couture – Wednesday, October 6 (8:00-9:00pm) and Saturday, October 23 (7:00-8:00pm)
    Lesnar vs. Mir 2 – Wednesday, October 6 (9:00-10:00pm) and Saturday, October 23 (8:00-9:00pm)
    Lesnar vs. Mir 1 - Saturday, October 23 (3:00-4:00pm)

UFC 121 COUNTDOWN
    Monday, October 18 at 11:30pm
    Wednesday, October 20 at 1:30am
    Thursday, October 21 at 12:30am
    Saturday, October 23 at 1:00pm

UFC All Access: Brock Lesnar (re-air)
    Thursday, October 7 at 1:00am
    Saturday, October 9 at 2:00pm

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Christ that's a lot of Brock!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:31 pm

If i was one of the UFC's top fighters I would be extremely pissed off at how much exposure Lesnar is getting, he's just been handed everything on a plate.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 pm

with a record of only 5-1 and a short time in mma he is getting a free pass to over exposier.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Can you really blame them (UFC)? It makes clear sense business sense to hype your most popular fighter.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 am