THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+9
Sly Uses
wilksdaman
the_king
Moose Stuff For Money...
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
13 posters

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! Empty Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 am

Not long to go now Twisted Evil

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! Empty Re: Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:02 am

I hope Cain smashes Lesnar and finally puts to bed this ridiculous nonsense about Lesnar being the best HW in the world.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! Empty Re: Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members!

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:29 am

^ what anfield said.

its just a question of whether Cains skill advantage in every (yeah i said "every") area will be able to overcome brock's size advantage...and its not certain for sure.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:36 am

I dont think Cai would want or is planning on turning this into a wrestling match, he will be moving in and out alot.....

Anyway when is the 1st primetime episode airing??
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:41 am

I bid you all a very merry and happy Brocktober Smile

I don't think there is any denying who the more skilled fighter is,but I just can't see Cain being able to stop Brock from taking him down,and once Brocks on top,I can't see Cain getting back up.

I kind of want Cain to win,purely because I think he brings more skills to the table and is a better representive as being a well rounded champ but if I had to put my money on this fight,it would be on Brock.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:11 am

Come on Cain!!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 pm

looks like im the only one cheering for brock then, i always enjoy lesnar fights just for sheer entertainment.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Merry Brocktober, King, seasons greetings!

You're not the only one actually, i am rooting for him as well. He's grown on me a lot and the Carwin fight just made me love him.

As tough as that Carwin fight was for Brock, in a way it was probably his easiest fight for a hell of a long time. Cain next, then JDS then who knows after that, the fights aren't going to get any easier.

If he sorts his, quite frankly laughable standup out, then he'll be damn near impossible to beat, as that is his own real weakness.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:29 pm

im not the only one cheers if brock is clever he will try get this fight to the ground. i think JDS will be a massive fight for brock if he beats cain.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Being a coward is not something you can sort out. If you are scared of getting hit in the mouth that's not going to change.

Cain's only risk here is getting taken down, Nearly everyone Brock has faced has stuffed his takedowns until they gassed, or in Couture's case got caught with a big haymaker. Cain should be able to stuff the takedowns. He definitely has better cardio than Lesnar and he's a far better striker with better boxing that any of Lesnar's previous opponents.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote: He definitely has better cardio than Lesnar

Really? Based on what exactly?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:40 pm

And as for not liking getting hit, NOONE likes getting hit by Shane Carwin, Brock has shown he has a better chin than Cain, who was rocked senseless by Cheick Kongo on multiple occasions.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Many happy returns one and all!
    I'm with the Axe Emperor and The King on this one, looks like we might have quite an interesting split on ye' olde forum when it comes to fight night!

I've no doubt that Brock would have been seriously working on his stand-up and what NOT to do when you get cracked in the mouth (ie run away). That being said, Brock ain't no chump and I dont think he is going to want any piece of Cain's stand-up. If Brock wants to take this one down, its going down. Then its gorilla time.

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! Fedvsb10
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Carwin didnt land clean, Kongo did. Doesnt really matter anyway, as I cant see Brock doing well at all standing with Cain.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 pm

i think the vanilla gorilla will stand with cain until he realises that its best to hit the deck then cain i think will be done.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:Carwin didnt land clean, Kongo did. Doesnt really matter anyway, as I cant see Brock doing well at all standing with Cain.

Carwin doesn't have to land clean.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm

and he didnt, but that doesnt prove Brock's chin is better
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Brock's never been rocked. Cain has, and Brock's fought the hardest hitter in the sport.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

if Brock wasnt rocked then running away and dropping into the foetal position looks a lot worse now
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  wilksdaman Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Cain will have a speed advantage I feel. His only chance will be to catch Brock and stun him then swarm all over him if he hits the deck.

Happy Brocktober to all Armbar members! 2lxa15w
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 pm

after the carwin fight surely his men would hae him training his stand up. Question
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:01 pm

to win the fight Cain needs to push a high pace, and mix it up.
    throw strikes and also put Brock on his back, i think he can take Brock down for sure, but he will be hard to hold down.
    plus he is not going to gas like Shane did.

yes, Brock has been training with Pat Barry, but his striking is easily the worst of any top 10 fighter, in any division right now...technique wise...yeah thats including Aoki.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm surprised that so many people think Lesnar will be able to take Velasquez down at will, it really confuses me. Velasquez was a terrific wrestler in college and didn't have to rely on shear size to win his matches. Herring, Randy and Carwin all stuffed Lesnar's takedowns and Cain is better than all of them. Maybe not Randy but lets be fair, he was a 43 year old LHW. Herring is nothing more than a decent wrestler. This is the same Herring who was comprehensively out wrestled by Jake O'Brien. A LHW who just isn't very good. This is the same Herring that was taken down by MW Evan Tanner. If he can stuff a Lesnar takedown, Velasquez should have no problems.

Standing up, Cain has to be cautious of Lesnar's power but he is more skilled standing up. He would pick Lesnar apart and probably finish him.

Both are very well conditioned but Lesnar looked kind of gassed against Randy while Velasquez has never been gassed.

I think im going to go with Velasquez, I have no problems with Lesnar at all but I do think Velasquez is a serious talent. I would probably prefer Lesnar to win honestly because I think he is an easier matchup for JDS. Im still picking JDS to beat the winner anyway.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:38 pm

i dont think lesnar will take cain down at will he will have to work for it. we might see 5 rounds lesnar pushin cain up against the cage wall.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:01 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote: He definitely has better cardio than Lesnar

Really? Based on what exactly?

Have you actually watched them fight???

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm