THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
Moose Stuff For Money...
the_king
The_Axe_Emperor
10 posters

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen Empty Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 am

Around about the 3:52 mark, Sonnen gets put in his place Laughing

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 am

Strip I made.

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen Sonnen10
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:11 am

that was quite funny proves sonnen is willing to talk smack about people when nobody is there to tell him not to.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Laughing That's class, always good to see someone who has run their mouth off get put in their place.

Now if only we could see Wanderlei knock him out inside the octagon...
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:56 pm

the more days that go bye the more sonnen looks like a complete tit. i like the part were silva says one crutch 50% heald.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm sorry, but in no way does Wanderlei "destroy" Sonnen. He simply gives him advice on being more careful about what he says. Sonnen thanks him for the advice. He doesn't get in his face or anything like that. If you listen to the very start Wandi says "you do a great job but..."
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:33 pm

i think he was warning him when talking about anderson dont disrespect where he comes from.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I heard Sonnen is going to be on MMA live tonight, on ESPN. Hope its true.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 pm

10pm mate i heard he is on lol i would love more trash talk.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I just want to know, what he is going to say about the steroids allegations. If he's on then its a must watch for all MMA fans.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:43 pm

If Sonnen decides to go to town on the CSAC it could be hilarious.

In fairness, if he did test positive and he did take something, i don't think it affected how he performed. look at his fights against Filho, Okami and Nate the Average. All just as impressive, all clean tests.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm

thats why i said he may smack them as in his eyes he is still innocent.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Disgraced UFC middleweight, Chael Sonnen has decided against appearing live on ESPN’s MMA Live tonight after results of a failed drugs test were made public earlier this week by the California State Athletic Commission.
    The programs Twitter page recented posted:

“Chael Sonnen is unable to joins us on MMA Live tonight. We’ll still break down the entire situation.”
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Unusual for Sonnen.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:24 pm

means we get more of that faggor gareth A davies
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 pm

look at his fights against Filho, Okami and Nate the Average. All just as impressive, all clean tests.

First of all he should have NO credit for beating Filho because Filho should clearly not have been fighting that night and had some serious problems. Look at what happened when they fought the first time.

Secondly he did very well in the fights with Okami and Nate but who's to know he wasn't taking them then? There are ways around the tests which Overoid has very clearly exploited so its not impossible to think he was juicing then. It also might not just be a matter of getting bigger and stronger, he might have taken them just so he could train for longer. All im saying is there is a very clear difference between the Sonnen who faced Okami, Nate and Silva, and any Sonnen before.

At the same time I don't want to accuse Sonnen of doing anything he didn't. I saw your other post about he was sick and he took loads of medicine and shit before the fight and that might have been picked up by the tests. I don't know if that's the case or not but I wouldn't be surprised if he was juicing.

Also Wandy looks unusually calm there, back in the say he would have ripped his head off right then and there. It's funny listening to Sonnen and his trash talk, but he does have to be careful with who offends with his shit talking. Especially since Brazillians are very proud people and can take anything very personally.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 pm

does anyone remember back in the day when Wand acted like an asshole all the time? or is it just me.

since coming to the UFC he is like the nicest guy ever!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 pm

regardless of his attitude his fights in pride say it all.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:11 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:does anyone remember back in the day when Wand acted like an asshole all the time? or is it just me.

since coming to the UFC he is like the nicest guy ever!

IMO, with the benefit of hindsight, Wandi was probably roiding in Pride.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:18 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    look at his fights against Filho, Okami and Nate the Average. All just as impressive, all clean tests.

First of all he should have NO credit for beating Filho because Filho should clearly not have been fighting that night and had some serious problems. Look at what happened when they fought the first time.

Secondly he did very well in the fights with Okami and Nate but who's to know he wasn't taking them then? There are ways around the tests which Overoid has very clearly exploited so its not impossible to think he was juicing then. It also might not just be a matter of getting bigger and stronger, he might have taken them just so he could train for longer. All im saying is there is a very clear difference between the Sonnen who faced Okami, Nate and Silva, and any Sonnen before.

At the same time I don't want to accuse Sonnen of doing anything he didn't. I saw your other post about he was sick and he took loads of medicine and shit before the fight and that might have been picked up by the tests. I don't know if that's the case or not but I wouldn't be surprised if he was juicing.

Also Wandy looks unusually calm there, back in the say he would have ripped his head off right then and there. It's funny listening to Sonnen and his trash talk, but he does have to be careful with who offends with his shit talking. Especially since Brazillians are very proud people and can take anything very personally.

The first time they fight, Sonnen easily matched him and then his one weakness let him down. He was excellent in the second fight, regardless of Filho.

If he got caught this time he'd have got caught that time too. Overeem is on horsemeat. With the exception of the Damian Maia fight, Sonnen has kicked everyone's ass since he lost to Horn in 2006. Look at some of his fights pre-WEC and you see the same guy who fought Silva, Okami and Nate. Honestly, i thought the same as you, standard dry humper wrestler who got easily subbed by Maia. I've been back and watched all his fights since he fought Babalu. Beast.

Wandi's on one leg and even on two, at this point he wouldn't stand a chance against Sonnen. He couldn't exactly pick a physical fight, he'd have gotten put on his back and beaten up.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 am

I agree, I went back and watched a few of Sonnens old fights too, I hadnt paid attention to him before before the Okami fight I think, I wrote the Filho fight off to Filho being a crack head!! but Watched the Forrest one and all, No one has ever been kicking Sonnens ass he just has a weakness not knowing his BJJ, he should spend his year off with the Gracies and come back pretty much unstoppable. Id back Sonnen with BJJ over any 185er and could see him giving the top 205ers more than a handfull.

What you think would fix that hole in his game? He showed good sub defence agaisnt Anderson but I think working with a top BJJ'er... wonder who thought?

Also ill have to delete your profle theres a 3 strike rule of badmouthing Wandy. You obviously didnt read the forum rules! Theres a saying in Brazil....

But seriously he did brought you this memory...

Wanderlei Silva destroys Chael Sonnen 4176951_grande

Be nice and say he would have a punchers chance Laughing
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:07 am

Sonnen has another weakness - he can't finish a fight and that cost him dearly against Silva. Never finished a fight in the UFC unless he has been subbed. He may be a beast and dominate opponents but until he learns to finish a fight, he leaves himself open to what happened against Silva and IMO that will stop him from becoming an elite fighter.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 am

I told you all before UFC 117, that Sonnen is a very good fighter and his record doesnt do him justice...... well it kinda does in the sense that his sub defence is atrocious. Laughing

Sonnen is not a guy that gets dominated in a fight (except maybe for the Maia fight probably), you pretty much need to submit him to win, cos if you dont sub him, you will be looking at a grueling 15 mins(if u last that long) of you getting mauled and beat up pretty bad.

If he spend the year off, improving his BJJ mainly his sub defense, then he can be unbeatable. Cos he also had a very good chin on him, and has underated boxing credentials. Not too many people know about that.

Does anyone know when his 1 yr starts? Is it at the time the CSAC announced it, or is it from the last time he fought ie, UFC 117 ? Probably doesnt make too much of a difference anyway. Although if it starts after his appeal date, then maybe he would be better taking his punishment like a man, especially if he has no real case to defend... lol
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:14 am

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:14 am

Anderson is notoriously difficult to finish, unless from a sub anyway (not too much hope of Sonnen pulling that off Laughing ) I think Sonnen could have finished any other guy at 117 not named Anderson and possibly Hendo aswell.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:43 am