THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Once Mohawked Pete
sunthunder
ChelseaQuinsfan
The_Axe_Emperor
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Crocop responds to Mirs trash talk

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Crocop responds to Mirs trash talk Empty Crocop responds to Mirs trash talk

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:55 pm

“My conscience is calm because I really did jump in at the last second. When you have five weeks notice, at this level, in the middle of a family holiday in the summer, this is the last, last minute – maybe over the last minute. But I am a grown man, a competitor and I don’t want to ask for any excuse. I will fight and I will do my best to beat him and that’s it. You will never hear from me all this insulting, spitting… that’s not my style.”

“Second, this sport is hard enough in itself without insulting each other. Third, many people around the world look at us as if we are some savages for fighting in the cage, some people look at it like this. They don’t consider MMA a sport and think they we are savages that want to take each others heads. I don’t want to add any fire to that, I want us to act normal because we are sportsmen and for me this is my job and there is really no need to say these kind of things. I think Frank Mir is doing the wrong thing, when he says to Lesnar that he wants him to die in the Octagon – what kind of sport is this he is promoting?!”

“People will always remember that my fight with Pat Barry, it was a fight full of respect but it was also a bloody fight – I had two breaks under my eye, Barry finished with a broken hand and broken foot. For people who watched that and were seeing MMA for the first time, they can cheer this. Respect and fair play is always welcome.”

Crocop is a fucking legend, he is spot on, Sonnen with his trashtalk is funny but people like Bisping and Mir who show 0 respect to Legends is a big tasteless. Im hoping and praying for a CC Lhk, If CC and Lil Nog win itll be a good night for us Pride fans! if they both loose well never hear the end of "The New breed" etc.. Laughing
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Crocop responds to Mirs trash talk Empty Re: Crocop responds to Mirs trash talk

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Was just about to make a new thread with this in Laughing

Its a shame CC isn't getting riled up by Mir's comments but he is right, why should he?

I am one of the few who thoroughly thinks this is Mirko's fight to lose.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Well he is right in every word he speaks. Ye its funny to see some trash talk here and there but there is a limit.

I'm far from being a Pride fan boy, I mean I love Pride and everything but I would never consider myself to be a Pride fan boy. I also really favor Cro Cop in this fight. I can't see Mir being able to take Cro Cop down first of all, secondly even if he does I think Cro Cop will have enough to defend Mir's subs and thirdly I think Cro Cop's the better striker. Even at his late age, he took a round off JDS who is a much better striker than Mir. If Cro Cop shows the heart he did against Barry then I think he will win.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Crocop just did a conference call, he's gone stand-up again.

"Mirko, if Mir takes it to the ground, how will you handle the groundfight?"
    "What???"
    "How will you handle the groundfight?"
    "As soon as it hits the floor i will tap... what kind of question is this?!"

Q: how is your health
    Mirko: It was fine until now; i hear you can get cancer from being on mobile phones too long so i would be grateful if frank would talk faster

How do you think the fight will go?
    How do i think the fight will go? as soon as the fight starts, i will run out into franks double leg

operator: we'll take one more question, Frank and Mirko have places to go
    Mirko: theres an ambulance outside for me, i am going for brain scans (referring to mobile phone/cancer quip from earlier)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1700948&page=1&pc=22
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 am

Completely agree with Mirko here. We've all tried to legitimise our favourite sport, and the likes of Sonnen and Mir seem to be intent on taking it back to the days of 'pit fighting', hope Mirko puts Mir into retirement.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:27 am

sunthunder wrote:Crocop just did a conference call, he's gone stand-up again.

"Mirko, if Mir takes it to the ground, how will you handle the groundfight?"
    "What???"
    "How will you handle the groundfight?"
    "As soon as it hits the floor i will tap... what kind of question is this?!"

Q: how is your health
    Mirko: It was fine until now; i hear you can get cancer from being on mobile phones too long so i would be grateful if frank would talk faster

How do you think the fight will go?
    How do i think the fight will go? as soon as the fight starts, i will run out into franks double leg

operator: we'll take one more question, Frank and Mirko have places to go
    Mirko: theres an ambulance outside for me, i am going for brain scans (referring to mobile phone/cancer quip from earlier)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1700948&page=1&pc=22

Legend!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

cro cop is a great guy never trash talks just keeps his head down and gets on with it i hope he beats mir.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

cro cop is a great guy never trash talks just keeps his head down and gets on with it i hope he beats mir.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Mir's going to school him Twisted Evil

sorry,thought it was my duty to break this cro-cop love in up Wink
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Mir is a poor mans Barnett. If Mirko is on his game, he'll kick the life out of Mir.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:34 pm

im worried that Frank Mir has been working on his wrestling, in his prime i would have no worries about this fight, Mirko stopped takedowns from far superior wrestlers to Frank Mir...but you never know these days Sad

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 pm

IF thats what everyone has to put in any description,hyping cro-cops chances nowadays.

I would of backed a prime cro-cop,but that guy hasn't shown up for years now,and I doubt we will ever see him again personally.

I gave up,hoping to see it along time ago,and now want someone to put all his fans that are still, after all these years of disapiontment,hanging on to that little bit of hope to see him recaputre his former glories,out of there miseries.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 pm

It depends on Mirko's frame of mind. He'll win or lose the fight by himself. Mir is just there to make up the numbers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:23 am